Brewer Fanatic

2017 Predictions

MVP2110
agreed, i dont actually hate the cubs players---their fans are terrible though. Somehow, even though i live 900 miles from chicago, everyone here is a cubs fan. no one cares about the cardinals. Now the cards players, those guys are jerks. yadi Molina is the biggst jerk in all of baseball---well, maybe he's second behind Brian McCann, but you get my point.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, don't wanna get this offtrack, I think we can all find enough on all 3 to make any argument pretty easily, lol.

Record: 71 Wins

Playoffs: No

Brewers MVP: Braun

Brewers Cy: Peralta finally clicks after the good end to last season

Brewers ROY: Arcia if he counts just based off PT. Otherwise a rookie relief pitcher

First trade: Scooter in spring training

Surprise: Santana stays healthy and does well

Disappointing: Arcia, not convinces he's ready to hit well

World Series: LAD over Texas.

I am surprised theres been this many predictions when its still far too early to be serious with the predictions. The Cardinals just lost their #1 pitching prospect. There is so much time to proceed through ST and avoid season long DLs. So I predict every prediction before this post will be redone after a major injury, or trade ruins nearly all these predictions.

I am surprised theres been this many predictions when its still far too early to be serious with the predictions. The Cardinals just lost their #1 pitching prospect. There is so much time to proceed through ST and avoid season long DLs. So I predict every prediction before this post will be redone after a major injury, or trade ruins nearly all these predictions.

Well, the very nature of predictions is that they're based off the information you have at the time, not necessarily when you have all the information. It would probably be easier to pick a lot of the categories if you do it after spring training than right now.

It's also probably easier to pick World Series favorites now than it was back in November, but that doesn't mean people weren't doing it in November.

Brewers Record: 83-79, 724 RS 713 RA, 3rd in the Central

Consequence free prediction! PECOTA has us at 720 runs and I really like our offense though infield depth doesn’t look good. Broxton, Santana, and Thames are all guys I’m targeting in the late rounds of fantasy. 713 runs against might be a bit of a stretch, but only a 20 run improvement. I think our defense will be helped by the improvements of Arcia, Shaw, Thames and Broxton everyday. I think our pitching depth will be more impactful than the projection system credit. Having more 1-2 WAR SP options, makes it more likely someone exceeds their 50th percentile.

Brewers MVP: Broxton by WAR, Braun by counting stats

Brewers CY Young: Zach Davies, if they do not raise the strike zone or properly enforce it; Guerra (although I trade him below) otherwise

Brewers ROY: Aaron Wilkerson

First player traded: Junior Guerra

Surprise player: Jorge Lopez

Disappointing player: Villar, I think he decreases his K rate, but not enough to offset declines in BABIP, power

World Series: Red Sox over Dodgers

Also to add, John Lackey and his long memory is enough for me to have distaste for Cubs players.

Brewers Record: 73-89

Brewers MVP: Ryan Braun

Brewers CY Young: Josh Hader

Brewers ROY: Josh Hader

First player traded: Scooter Gennett

Surprise player: Domingo Santana

Disappointing player: Orlando Arcia

World Series: Cubs over Indians

Im not that big of a Hader fan(as a starter), but I think he has the stuff to look pretty good as a rookie. Kind of like how Guerra pitched like an ace even though he is no where near one. Santana if healthy can surprise a lot of people and I just don't think Arcia will hit. Team is getting better for the future, but I don't expect the record to reflect it.

Brewers Record: 86-76

Playoffs: Yes

Brewers MVP: Ryan Braun

Brewers CY Young: Wily Peralta

First player traded: Villar

Surprise player: Brandon Woodruff

Disappointing player: Travis Shaw

World Series: Red Sox over Cubs

I think that the Brewers will surprise this year. A lot of youth, and I see a setback for the Cardinals/Pirates. I think Hader is the ROY, possibly in a closer role. I think Woodruff is up early, and a steady pitcher for the year. Not flashy, but good, a la Davies. I think Peralta found his groove, and goes on a run. I think Braun is Braun. I think the team tires of Villar, and moves him, even though he plays well. I think Shaw becomes the new Wes Helms, a placeholder. Not so much disappointing, but I think the team will overachieve, and he'll be back in the pack. Won't be surprised if Perez winds up as the everyday 3B. I think Santana stays healthy, and that Arcia is ok.

Anxiously awaiting the first poster to predict they make the playoffs.

(Also, Clancy's prediction for Suter to be Surprise player, ROY, Cy Young, and MVP ; )

I didn't see this before I posted. I know it's a longshot, but hey, I'm optimistic.

Brewers Record: 75-86

Brewers MVP: Broxton confirms the second half of 2016 wasn't a fluke.

Brewers CY Young: Davies

Brewers ROY: Brinson isn't called up until mid-season but he outperforms the other rookies

First player traded: Gennett

Surprise player: Hiram Burgos gets a callup due to trade and injury and never looks back.

Disappointing player: Knebel struggles early and it continues in Colorado

World Series: Rangers over Cubs

Brewers record: 75-87

Team MVP: Braun

Team Cy Young: Davies (Rotation)

Team Rolaids: Suter (takes closer role by mid-season)

Brewers ROY: Suter (see Team Rolaids winner)

First traded: Garza (spring training)

Surprise player: Thames (becomes excellent middle of the order bat)

Disappointing: Susac/Bandy (we will miss Lucroy)

Prospects who rocket up the list: Ronnie Gideon (75 power tool), Weston Wilson (versatility and power bat)

Disappointing prospects: Meideros, Kirby

Brewers Record: 76-86

Brewers MVP: Braun

Brewers ROY: Brinson. Takes over right field from Santana by end of the season.

First player traded: Gennett

Surprise player: Thames puts up All-Star type numbers (although he isn't selected to play)

Disappointing player: Perez doesn't take the next step due to return of low OBP. Santana struggles with strike outs and loses job to Brinson.

World Series: Red Sox over Cubs

Brewers Record: 79-83

Brewers MVP: Villar

Brewers CY Young: Guerra until he is traded / Hader after the trade

First player traded: In season trade: Guerra / before season trade: Anderson

Surprise player: Santana

Disappointing player: Arcia

World Series: Cubs over Royals

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't really have a feeling on the record (if pressed, I'd guess about 75 wins) but I will say this is one of the more interesting teams we've had in a while. A lot of guys on offense could be great or they could bust. I also think Davies is going to be a stud but the rest of the staff is iffy. I do, however, think the defense will be much improved over years past which may help matters. First time in a while I've bought the MLB.tv package. Can't wait!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewers Record: 73-89

Brewers MVP: Jonathan Villar

Brewers CY Young: Zach Davies

First player traded: In season trade: Ryan Braun

Surprise player: Andrew Barbosa

Disappointing player: Neftali Feliz

World Series: Rangers over Cubs

Brewers Record: 70-92

Brewers MVP: Villar

First player traded: Santana

Surprise player: Thames

Disappointing player: Broxton

World Series: Royals over Dodgers

Record: 73-89

Brewers MVP: Ryan

Brewers Cy: Willy

Brewers ROY: Can Thames count?

First trade: Santana or Willy

Surprise: Santana does well enough to get traded by the break; Bullpen is one of the better pen's in the NL.

Disappointing: Arcia's bat

World Series: Toronto over Washington

My brother convinced me to play fantasy baseball this year and after doing my research I would like to raise my 71 win projection to 76. There is a bit more to this team than I initially thought. My surprise player is now Broxton who I expect to have an all star season and my bust is no longer Guerra but it is Thames who I haven't been impressed with at all this spring.

I wonder how many springs have to go by before people realize how so not indicative they are of how a player or team will perform in the regular season. In actuality it seems more common that teams and players perform the exact opposite of what their spring training performance suggests. I see fans suddenly thinking this winning streak the Crew is on means they might be pretty good this year. Is it possible? Of course. The more likely result is that they'll struggle to match last year's win total given major losses in the bullpen and at catcher.

Archived