Brewer Fanatic

Miscellaneous Farmhand Spring Training Camp Notes

Mass Haas

@BrewersPD tweeted a list of the pitchers and catchers at early Maryvale mini-camp:

Bickford, BrownZ, Burnes, DiplanM, Drossner, Harber, Jankins, Kirby, Medeiros, Olczak, OrtizL, Peralta, Perrin, Ponce, Salas, Supak, Walters, Wang, Webb, WilliamsD, Woodruff, Yamamoto,

FelicianoM, Ghelfi, Henry, Hummel, McDowell, RodriguezN, Sibrian

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While the majority are either top prospects, recent high draft picks or guys such who had good seasons last year, it is interesting to see a few of the other names on the list. Maybe they are higher on Drossner or Salas (between this and the AFL) than their stats last year would indicate.

All tweets via Brewers Player Development (@BrewersPD) --

Brewers Minor League report dates:

Minicamp: February 11

Early camp: February 17

Pitchers & catchers: March 4

Position players: March 10

So the "next batch" has arrived:

Archer, Aviles, T. Clark, Cooper, I. Diaz, Dillard, Dubon, Erceg, Gainey, Gatewood, Harrison, Lara, Mejia, Noonan, Noriega, Olczak, Orf, Ramirez, Roache, Segovia, Spurlin, Taylor, and Wren

As also linked in the Major League Forum audio archive thread --

AUDIO via Matt Pauley's WTMJ Podcast Sun. 2/26: Voice of the Biloxi Shuckers Chris Harris; the opening act is @Mass_Haas ;), who apparently didn't embarrass himself and hopefully shined a nice light on what we do here at Brewerfan

I am guessing I speak for quite a few of us when I say we need more Mass Haas audio in our lives! Just fantastic, I hope everyone gets a chance to listen!

Thanks Eye Black!

But be sure to stick around for Chris' segment!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
VIDEO: Woodruff vs. Diaz in Intrasquad

Back field nirvana...

That guy has had a lot of Brewer stuff the last few days. Lucky for us the Brewers give lots of access to their backfields unlike some teams. In fact, Chris tweeted that he's going to be in Maryvale all weekend. Loves the access.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Nice that is was against a lefty too!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived