Brewer Fanatic

Marlins Reportedly Have “Handshake Agreement” To Sell Team

MrTPlush

So Loria buys the Marlins in 2002 for $158 million , does a terrible job, and then sells the team 15 years later for a profit of $1.5 billion. Makes complete sense.

And has a World Series win in the process.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Apparently the mystery bidder is Joshua Kushner, brother of White House adviser/POTUS son-in-law Jared Kushner, and son of convicted felon Charles Kushner. The offer is reportedly debt heavy, and the closeness of Charles Kushner to the deal may be factors that won't get the sale approved by the other owners.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/02/10/joshua-kushner-brother-of-top-trump-adviser-is-the-bidder-for-the-miami-marlins/

Gruber Lawffices

LOL

*puts on tinfoil hat* all a ploy to get in good with latin america. buy the marlins, move them to mexico city. *removes tinfoil hat*

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Apparently the mystery bidder is Joshua Kushner, brother of White House adviser/POTUS son-in-law Jared Kushner, and son of convicted felon Charles Kushner. The offer is reportedly debt heavy, and the closeness of Charles Kushner to the deal may be factors that won't get the sale approved by the other owners.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/02/10/joshua-kushner-brother-of-top-trump-adviser-is-the-bidder-for-the-miami-marlins/

What does his father have to do with it? Is his father part of the potential ownership group?

Well, every bit my prediction is coming true. I wonder how much money Loria actually spent on the Florida franchise. I doubt it even approached any where near 1billion since handed the ownership. Wonder how this shakes out. The buyer proceeds to move the team after selling the stadium rights to a MLS franchise. My guess. Because even with this new stadium, they cant draw 25k avg per game. And now they dont have JF, who had to be a big draw, must see attend when hes on the mound. I wish Loria's contract handed out to Stanton, came with MLB forcing him to stay on as owner til that contract finished. Smoke and mirrors though to gain a higher sale price.

You can have your own opinions of Loria as an owner and the whole stadium situation but what it really comes down to is that people in Florida just don't care enough about their major league baseball teams. Both the Rays and Marlins have reached higher levels of on field success than the Brewers (and many other franchises) have during their existence and yet neither team has much of a fan base to support it.

The Rays have great TV ratings. The stadium truly is the problem for them. Not only is it an awful stadium in general, it's also at the south end of the peninsula, cutting off a lot of the fan base. If they could get a park in Tampa or even more north in the peninsula in like Pinellas Park or Clearwater, attendance would improve.

Archived