Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2017-2018)

CheezWizHed
I think that in general nobody else should have to listen to your music if you are in public.

Exactly. I guess the one exception I can think of is juke boxes in bars.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that in general nobody else should have to listen to your music if you are in public.

Exactly. I guess the one exception I can think of is juke boxes in bars.

At golf though you're hundreds of yards from others and outdoors so sound doesn't travel well, it's not the same at all. That's where the gray area comes in and why it can easily be done without bothering anyone. I think it would be near consensus on anyone blasting Beats speakers super loud like an idiot though.

Like I said, they shouldn't have to listen to your music so if it can't be heard if you are more than 10' from the cart then it wouldn't be an issue.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Our team is in first place at the quarter mark of the season, and I get to read multiple posts/posters complaining that they're doing it with the wrong guys, wrong batting order, etc. They're on fire, getting great production, winning exciting games, and it just isn't good enough. I feel like there is a distinct demographic here that aren't necessarily baseball/Brewer fans...but look at the season as one of those GM sim games. It's not a real win if Sogard plays because he shouldn't be good. Broxton's hot streak doesn't matter because he's losing ABs in the 7 hole. Garza is terrible, it doesn't matter what the results show. They're winning, their offense is amazing, the pitching adds all the drama one could ask for. At some point this season, it's probably all going to go off the rails, and they'll be miserable to watch. Until then, enjoy it, we're Brewers fans, this isn't exactly normal.

Our team is in first place at the quarter mark of the season, and I get to read multiple posts/posters complaining that they're doing it with the wrong guys, wrong batting order, etc. They're on fire, getting great production, winning exciting games, and it just isn't good enough. I feel like there is a distinct demographic here that aren't necessarily baseball/Brewer fans...but look at the season as one of those GM sim games. It's not a real win if Sogard plays because he shouldn't be good. Broxton's hot streak doesn't matter because he's losing ABs in the 7 hole. Garza is terrible, it doesn't matter what the results show. They're winning, their offense is amazing, the pitching adds all the drama one could ask for. At some point this season, it's probably all going to go off the rails, and they'll be miserable to watch. Until then, enjoy it, we're Brewers fans, this isn't exactly normal.

I know one or two posters that fit the description! It gets old and tiring.

All true! Even if this isn't the way some of us would have drawn it up, they're winning! Do I consider it flukey? I do. Are there weaknesses on the team? Yes.

But it's a much better place today than 90 miles south, with a team that was expected to dominate for years to come, playing far below expectations.

I'm going to enjoy this run, if it lasts until today, or all year. That said-- I wouldn't want a message board to have everybody posting only happy thoughts.

But it's a fine day when the Brewers are winning.

Way down thread, somebody brought up the idea of a mute button for certain sports announcers. This is an idea I'd like to see. I would love to be able to turn off the announcers and just hear the game and crowd. I don't need somebody to tell me what is happening all the time, constantly babbling. I have eyes and I understand sports.

Today the Brewers are MLB.com's free game of the day. Every other person in the universe can watch this game, with our without cable, but those in this viewing area cannot watch it because of local blackout restrictions. At least I can listen to the game on my computer at work. Still irritated.

So last night the wife and I began our vacation by taking a red eye from Vegas to Milwaukee. I planned on getting a little sleep and relaxing.

We were in row 1 of the plane and right behind us sat two older ladies who clearly had just met. So they were talking, which is no big deal. But one of the two was quite loud.

Now, I had on a sleep mask and I always fly with ear

Plugs so I put them in and tried to drift off to sleepyville Well it didn't work. The one loud lady got even louder once we were in the air. I could still hear her plain as day. I could not hear the plane engines but I could hear and understand her. At one point, I gave up and put music on some earbuds to drown her out, but I had to turn the volume up so high before I could not hear her anymore and it was hurting my ears so I abandoned that and went back to the earplugs.

After making obvious glances at them (other passengers were doing the same evidently, as I heard others grumbling too) finally a flight attendant went up to them And asked them to quiet down so others could sleep. She responded that she didn't have to "shut up" and continued to talk loud with no consideration for others.

Once we landed at 3:45 some others in the front of the plane then had to listen to her (and her new friend, who appeared quite intoxicated) berate all of us "expletives" for not understanding all their troubles and how we should be the ones to shut up.

It got kind of heated. I'm happy to report that I did NOT get put on a "no fly list" or anything but, man, I've never seen somebody on a flight that thought they were so "in the right" when they clearly were not.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

So last night the wife and I began our vacation by taking a red eye from Vegas to Milwaukee. I planned on getting a little sleep and relaxing.

We were in row 1 of the plane and right behind us sat two older ladies who clearly had just met. So they were talking, which is no big deal. But one of the two was quite loud.

Now, I had on a sleep mask and I always fly with ear

Plugs so I put them in and tried to drift off to sleepyville Well it didn't work. The one loud lady got even louder once we were in the air. I could still hear her plain as day. I could not hear the plane engines but I could hear and understand her. At one point, I gave up and put music on some earbuds to drown her out, but I had to turn the volume up so high before I could not hear her anymore and it was hurting my ears so I abandoned that and went back to the earplugs.

After making obvious glances at them (other passengers were doing the same evidently, as I heard others grumbling too) finally a flight attendant went up to them And asked them to quiet down so others could sleep. She responded that she didn't have to "shut up" and continued to talk loud with no consideration for others.

Once we landed at 3:45 some others in the front of the plane then had to listen to her (and her new friend, who appeared quite intoxicated) berate all of us "expletives" for not understanding all their troubles and how we should be the ones to shut up.

It got kind of heated. I'm happy to report that I did NOT get put on a "no fly list" or anything but, man, I've never seen somebody on a flight that thought they were so "in the right" when they clearly were not.

One of the hundreds of reasons I refuse to fly. Being packed in a small tube with random people for hours on end. No thanks.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I work in a relatively small office building (around 100 people). It drives me nuts when you walk past someone in the hallway and they look everywhere to avoid eye contact. Yes, we are mostly engineers and rather deal with computers than people, but really? A smile and a head nod is too much human interaction?

One of the bigger "offenders" is a research manager. Every time I walk past his office, his door is closed. Half the time I walk by, he is sleeping.

The state agency I work for has about the same number of employees as CWH's. I've been here for 25+ years and there are a handful of colleagues who stare stonily ahead when we cross paths. I've pretty much given up on trying with them.

Some are in positions that have little or no public contact (some librarian stereotypes are on point). One's in human resources, though. :rolleyes

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I used to work as a proofreader. There were five of us in an open-concept room. The record was 3.5 days where nobody uttered a word, including a morning greeting or evening goodbye.

I don't understand the big deal about graduations. I didn't go to my college graduation and would have skipped my high school graduation if my mom let me. Graduation parties on the other hand, those are a must have.

Don't get me started about graduation parties for 6th graders.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I understand graduations for 4K, Kindergarten, and maybe 8th grade. Beyond that it is overkill. Graduations for 4K and Kindergarten are more for the parents than anything, they are pretty adorable and the kids are super excited.

I think it dilutes the actual graduations. You don't get a diploma for leaving 4K, Kindergarten or 8th grade... Yes, its more for the parents, but it seems like a waste of time and money to me.

I am not talking graduation parties for 4K and Kindergarten; just small ceremonies that the schools put together. Having a party for 4K or kindergarten is ridiculous. My oldest just had her kindergarten graduation and it was a really cool little ceremony. Certainly wasn't some big ordeal but the kids really liked it and got to show off some of what they learned.

Archived