Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2017-2018)

CheezWizHed
My street makes a loop from one of the busiest thoroughfares in Middleton (it's the way most people that live in Waunakee but work downtown/campus use to commute). Today, a power line fell down over the street, blocking all traffic from going through. They closed the road at one of the points where my street intersects with the busy street and used my street as a turnaround. So our little residential street was backed up all day long, making it nearly impossible to get out of our driveway. We are suspecting that the power line fell simply due to the saturated ground.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because when I got home today from work I didn't feel like grilling brats, my wife made noodles. She fed a noodle to her sister's pet cockatiel that we are birdsitting and it choked to death on it. That cockatiel loved noodles. What a helpless feeling...I should have just made the brats.

I am also just getting caught up on this thread. I work in Sauk but like in Madison near Greenway Station. I was on the Beltline just not of Old Sauk when it flooded. I ended up turning around illegally at one of those U turn places and went north. I then struggled to get back home. I almost stalled car twice and it almost felt like it rolled over. Luckily I was able to get close enough to home to park on a hill and walk back. Here is a video of Mazo that one of our work's drone pilot took.

I'm not sure how to embed this on the app.

For those interested, the city of Madison's website has a lot of flooding information in one handy spot:

http://www.cityofmadison.com/live-work/extreme-weather/flooding

Particularly impressive (not necessarily in a good way) is this map showing where in downtown water is most likely to be a problem:

http://www.cityofmadison.com/frontpage/documents/PotentialFloodImpactsThrough-2018-08-25.pdf

Basically, good luck getting anywhere if your trip includes the Isthmus. We're headed to all three games this weekend (from the near west side) and I imagine we'll just take the Beltline.

And guess what else?! There's a Badger football game in our neighborhood one week from tonight! A vice chancellor at UW actually sent an email to all UW employees a couple of weeks ago warning them what a cluster downtown/campus will be...and that was before the rain. Hahahahahahaaaa. :indifferent

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The rear latch on my Prius hatchback has a rubber handle. It's basically completely melted off and it makes opening the trunk difficult at times. The place where I got it from gave me a replacement rubber piece, but I basically need an allen wrench style screwdriver to get in there and remove it. Very annoying on all accounts.

The rear latch on my Prius hatchback has a rubber handle. It's basically completely melted off and it makes opening the trunk difficult at times. The place where I got it from gave me a replacement rubber piece, but I basically need an allen wrench style screwdriver to get in there and remove it. Very annoying on all accounts.

Lol sorry, but hatchbacks in general bug me. They just look ugly, unless they're on an SUV.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Lol sorry, but hatchbacks in general bug me. They just look ugly, unless they're on an SUV.

I wish I still had my 1989 Mustang LX 5.0 hatchback. FOX body style.

I lost interest in reading once you said "my prius."

;) :tongue

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator
Another Prius owner here! Haters gonna hate but can't beat 50 mpg. Plus the hatchback design equals lots of storage space for a small car. I use mine for all the outdoor activities that supposedly require an SUV. Skis and bike fit easily.

Mine seems to have lost a protective cover or coating or something on that hatch latch. I know this to be true because every time I open it, I get black rubber smudge on my hand. It's sticky and gummy and comes off with a wet wipe, but still...

Mine is a 2007, and I keep thinking I would replace it one of these years, but it still runs fine and I don't need a car payment, so I still have it after 138,000+ miles.

It's not bugging me, but we also have a 2007 Prius. It's far (FAAAAARRR) from the only Prius in Madison, or even in our neighborhood, but I believe it's the only one in Madison with ball-glove license plates, so it's pretty easy for us to spot ours in a parking lot.

And I won't judge your vehicle choice if you don't judge ours. :)

(For those wondering, the ball-glove plates are not personalized, because they stand out enough in Madison as it is.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It actually bugs me how...not so cool looking Prius' are. I'd love some 50mpg, but they just aren't the coolest car out there. Why can't they put one of those engines in a car that looks half decent? The newer ones are an upgrade on the outside, but the inside is straight out of Asia. I can't believe they won't make one more appealing for the American market.

Community Moderator
It actually bugs me how...not so cool looking Prius' are. I'd love some 50mpg, but they just aren't the coolest car out there. Why can't they put one of those engines in a car that looks half decent? The newer ones are an upgrade on the outside, but the inside is straight out of Asia. I can't believe they won't make one more appealing for the American market.

There have been some interesting studies (summarized in a Freakonomics podcast) about how many hybrid owners want their car to be distinguishable from other cars. I find that to be annoying, but that's the way it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Self-absorbed, rude people who when checking out at kwik trip, subway, grocery stores, or anyplace else, and have to be on their phones having conversations.

Happened this morning at kwik trip, a 20something girl was having a conversation, and unable to have her payment ready because she was so self-absorbed with herself and her phone. Holds the line up, and is clueless as to how rude it was to everyone around her and the person checking her out.

Happened last week at subway too. The poor person making the ladies sub had to ask her several times what she wanted on it, it was awful. Everyone around her was irritated. She also had no idea how rude she was.

No end in sight with phones and the people addicted to them. Don't get me started on people texting while driving, or surfing the net while driving. It's a daily occurance on my way to work and it's a wonder anyone makes it to work alive... These people are an absolute menace on the roadways.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Sandwhich lines are the worst....my college had a sandwhich place within it and a certain kind of people FaceTimed 24/7 and the sandwhich line was no different. The got annoyed sometimes because they were asked so many questions and multiple times...

Unreal.

Having worked at Subway, we oftentimes just wouldn't serve someone unless they got off their phone, and told them as much. It slowed the entire line up and it was really annoying. Unrelated but also annoying were the people who'd ask for an individual topping but wait until you completely finished putting it on before they asked for their next topping.

-------

So I'm finishing up a 10-day shift which included working our biggest festival in brutal heat/humidity. And as soon as this shift is done, it's pretty likely that I'll be deployed to the coast to help with the hurricane. I'm tired.

Watched the Packers game at a restaurant/bar with a group of people. Split the bill by 3 (credit cards.) Now I see today I was charged for the entire amount. Checked with the others, they were charged for 1/3 each. I'm sure it will get resolved, but now I have to spend time on this.

Archived