Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2017-2018)

CheezWizHed
  • Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are many holidays that fall around Christmas for other religions. I know it is shocking. Obviously for most people that means “Christmas/New Years Eve”.

Saying Merry Christmas, unless you know said person celebrates it, is probably best avoided. Do I personally really care that much? Not at all.

If someone wished me a merry <>, my response to them would be ‘and a merry <> to you too.’ People shouldn’t have to be afraid to wish someone else a Merry Christmas.

It's not a matter of being afraid, and I know when people say "Merry Christmas" to someone they are not trying to be rude or offensive, but it's still a bit odd if you don't know the person at all. I think most people would not say "Hey, hope you enjoy the upcoming baseball season" to someone that they do not know well enough to even know if they like baseball.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

As in most places, I will assume I am the resident Jew here. There is nothing offensive about someone wishing me a Merry Christmas. I don't find it weird, it's a seasonal greeting. I don't think there is anything wrong with Happy Holidays either. People look for a reason to be upset about everything. If someone goes out of their way to wish me well, I'm not sure how that could ever be construed as offensive. That being said, the so called "war on Christmas" is one of the silliest concepts I've ever heard. Christmas essentially is celebrated for a full quarter of the year. It's inescapable. It may actually bother me if there was any religious connotation to it. I largely enjoy the commercial aspects of Christmas. Santa is cool, I like colorful lights, and who doesn't like cookies?

If someone wished me a merry <>, my response to them would be ‘and a merry <> to you too.’ People shouldn’t have to be afraid to wish someone else a Merry Christmas.

It's not a matter of being afraid, and I know when people say "Merry Christmas" to someone they are not trying to be rude or offensive, but it's still a bit odd if you don't know the person at all. I think most people would not say "Hey, hope you enjoy the upcoming baseball season" to someone that they do not know well enough to even know if they like baseball.

It's odd to wish someone a Merry Christmas if you don't know them?

That is a newer way to view things... Growing up, until I'd say the 2000's, people didn't think twice when someone said Merry Christmas, now we have conversations about the feelings it evokes? To me, that is odd.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The "war on Christmas" is a complete joke that people made up just to rile up other people in their same voting allegiance. Us Libtard Snowflakes don't actually care as much you'd like to think. It's hilarious that people get so worked up that they feel they can't say "Merry Christmas". I've never heard anyone say "Merry Christmas" and have someone fire back "I CELEBRATE HANUKKAH" Personally I say "Happy Holidays" to people I don't know and "Merry Christmas" to those I do. I'm not even Christian. So it's hilarious celebrating something I don't even believe in!

I saw a youtube vid of some guy saying his name was "Merry Christmas" at Starbucks so when his coffee came out the barista was forced to say Merry Christmas. How stupid is that? I know he was delighted that he put one over on some poor girl who's just trying to do her job. At the same time he just gave money to a business he doesn't support. (And he's prolly the same guy that destroyed his Keurig last month). How about maybe at the end of the day just respect that other people worship a god in a different way that you do instead of forcing others to make a big deal about it. Is that so difficult?

Besides something like 20% of people regularly attend church anyway, so it seems hypocritical to insist we say two words that stand for something no one consistently spends time actually worshipping.

Jesus now I'm worked up over this stupidity and I just came here to complain about my internet at home being awful lately.

Coming home from a Christmas in the Bahamas to this horrid weather is definitely bugging me. We experienced lows in the mid 70's at night to highs in the low 80's during the day. Coming home to this is ridiculous.

It begs the yearly question: Why do I live in this? Retirement will surely bring on 3 or 4 months in a different climate.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

My son has an iphone and I have an Android. Many times when he texts me, I get part of the message and/or the message will come out of order (i.e. it's a longer text that gets broken up into multiple parts for some reason and many times the parts don't come in the correct order). Usually there is a long pause between the initial part of the text and the rest of it. For example, he just texted me a single 27 word text. I got about half of it and then nothing else. I texted him to let him know I didn't get the full text. He then texted me a screen shot of the text he sent me. After he sent that the rest of his text came in two parts (11 words and 3 words - 3 minutes after the original text was sent).

I put this here because it's very annoying, but if anyone know how to fix this iphone to android texting "glitch", I'd be very interested in knowing.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

My son has an iphone and I have an Android. Many times when he texts me, I get part of the message and/or the message will come out of order (i.e. it's a longer text that gets broken up into multiple parts for some reason and many times the parts don't come in the correct order). Usually there is a long pause between the initial part of the text and the rest of it. For example, he just texted me a single 27 word text. I got about half of it and then nothing else. I texted him to let him know I didn't get the full text. He then texted me a screen shot of the text he sent me. After he sent that the rest of his text came in two parts (11 words and 3 words - 3 minutes after the original text was sent).

I put this here because it's very annoying, but if anyone know how to fix this iphone to android texting "glitch", I'd be very interested in knowing.

Same here. It's been that way forever so I'm just used to it. Group texts are even worse, especially if I attach a picture or something. If I send it from my Android to my wife and two kids (Iphones) sometimes it only goes to one or two of them, but not all three. Research I have done sounds like an Iphone issue, but haven't found a solution.

I'm a coffee drinker and make all of my coffee at home. I use a regular coffee pot, grind my beans, etc... I have noticed that over the course of the past year or so, coffee in grocery stores/Costco has been replaced with large packages of K-cups. I do not want a Keurig; I drink 3 cups a day, they are expensive, and create a lot of waste compared to how much I drink. I want more selection in the stores and I'm getting less.

I'm a coffee drinker and make all of my coffee at home. I use a regular coffee pot, grind my beans, etc... I have noticed that over the course of the past year or so, coffee in grocery stores/Costco has been replaced with large packages of K-cups. I do not want a Keurig; I drink 3 cups a day, they are expensive, and create a lot of waste compared to how much I drink. I want more selection in the stores and I'm getting less.

Costco's concept has never been about choice. And now the large grocery chains are starting to follow that model. They have more choices than Costco for everything, but still less than they used to. As with most things, I've turned to Amazon for my bulk coffee beans.

Singing/talent competition shows on TV. Obviously there's an audience for them if they keep making them but how many do we need and who actually watches them?

If you look at the top 10/20 shows in the ratings every week, these shows dominate. I've always wondered about that too. I've never seen a minute of the Voice, Dancing with the Stars, or any of that. Guessing I'm not in their demo though. I did intend to see Donald Driver on DWTS but I forgot about it.

It begs the yearly question: Why do I live in this? Retirement will surely bring on 3 or 4 months in a different climate.

I've got about 15 years to go, but I'm wondering the same thing. I won't have a lot of money by any stretch, but being a bachelor I do think about the possibility of having one winter home and one summer home. I think it'll depend a lot on how much I might want to live near my brother or if I have close friends I'd like to hang out with regularly. Otherwise I'm thinking a winter house/condo in Belize and a small summer place in Wisconsin.

To me the whole Keurig thing is just insane. I see those k cups for sale and I just shake my head. Beyond the economics and wastefulness of the system, the coffee just doesn't turn out very well. The whole "convenience" argument? No way. My $20 programmable coffee maker had a delicious pot ready and waiting for me when I woke up this morning, and the thing has been working fine for 7 years. Putting a filter, coffee grounds and water in it and hitting the "auto" button last night took me about a quarter of the time it takes a Keurig to warm up.

Couldn't you just make concentrated cold coffee, even evaporate it more to make it concentrated-y-er, and add hot water to it? Isn't that essentially what's in those K-cups, concentrated coffee?

I believe K-cups have grounds inside of them, not concentrated liquid coffee.

I actually buy most of my coffee at Costco because they often have stuff I like, but I can not count on that anymore. I know that's how Costco operates. But going to the grocery store recently, I was dumbfounded by how little selection there really was. I never considered ordering from Amazon; good call.

I believe K-cups have grounds inside of them, not concentrated liquid coffee.

I actually buy most of my coffee at Costco because they often have stuff I like, but I can not count on that anymore. I know that's how Costco operates. But going to the grocery store recently, I was dumbfounded by how little selection there really was. I never considered ordering from Amazon; good call.

Speaking of coffee this is what I buy

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/collections/coffee/products/just-black-coffee-blend

K-cups seem totally pointless. If you can only drink 1 cup of coffee a day then only make 1 cup of coffee.

That’s what a Keurig does in an incredibly efficient, easy, and convenient way. No need to mess with a filter, grounds, wait for water to heat up, or cleaning a coffee pot. Cup of coffee in literally seconds and you have the ability to have a wide range of flavors and don’t have to commit to your whole pot being that flavor. I am sure it is quite expensive compared to conventional coffee making ways, but if you have disposable income for your coffee it is potentionally a great product.

I don’t drink coffee and don’t own a Keurig...but I wouldn’t call it near pointless.

K-cups seem totally pointless. If you can only drink 1 cup of coffee a day then only make 1 cup of coffee.

That’s what a Keurig does in an incredibly efficient, easy, and convenient way. No need to mess with a filter, grounds, wait for water to heat up, or cleaning a coffee pot. Cup of coffee in literally seconds and you have the ability to have a wide range of flavors and don’t have to commit to your whole pot being that flavor. I am sure it is quite expensive compared to conventional coffee making ways, but if you have disposable income for your coffee it is potentionally a great product.

I don’t drink coffee and don’t own a Keurig...but I wouldn’t call it near pointless.

You lost me at "cleaning a coffee pot." :laughing

The way I see it, coffee drinking is simply a drug addiction, and one I admittedly happen to have. I want my coffee to be good, efficient and inexpensive because I know I am going to be drinking it every single day. A Keurig falls flat on each one of those things. The Keurig coffee lacks body and depth, and has a watery mouthfeel due to the high speed at which it injects hot water into the k cup. To get a decent cup of coffee requires setting it at the low volume setting and using 2 k cups to make 1 actual cup of coffee. At that point, I'd be money ahead if I'd instead brewed a whole pot of regular coffee, drank one cup and dumped the rest down the sink. Which of course I wouldn't do, because instead when I want another cup, which I will, I just pour it out of my thermos.

Archived