Brewer Fanatic

2017 Season-Long Promotions are Out---- Why Season Tickets?

rickh150
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What Denver is doing is long, long overdue. People are benefiting financially because their grandfathers bought season tickets generations ago in Green Bay. There's something just not right about that. I've been attending Packer games with regularity since 1975 and I've never had season tickets because my dad didn't have the foresight or the interest to buy them when I was too young to do so. Now pre-internet that was fine, because people sold their unused tickets outside the stadium (we almost never missed a game at County Stadium) at or near face value. Now I have to go online and I'm lucky to find them at double the face value. I've often bought them from people who've moved to different parts of the country and never go to games. The least the team could do is make them pay taxes on the profits from the sale by reporting the info to the IRS.

I think that works more in football than baseball. It is asking a lot for a season seat holder to go to 81 games and the Brewers rely on the season seat holders to buy weeknight games and early season games. Not going to punish those people for selling the Cubs games when they are paying money for the less appealing games.

Archived