Brewer Fanatic

2017 Brewers On Deck news & tidbits

Invader3K

Please use this thread to post any news and info relating to the Brewers' "On Deck" event which took place today.

One of the bigger items of news is that it sounds like the Brewers and Ryan Braun may be joined at the hip more than we maybe thought, at least for now:

http://m.brewers.mlb.com/news/article/214672198/ryan-braun-brewers-moving-forward-in-rebuild/

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Spent some time at the interactive stage with my 7 year old son and we watched dubsmash and then Kids Q and A - both with Tim Dillard. Tim is a real gem and I hope he can somehow find his was to Brewers radio or TV after his playing days are done. Such a nice and funny guy.

Spent some time at the interactive stage with my 7 year old son and we watched dubsmash and then Kids Q and A - both with Tim Dillard. Tim is a real gem and I hope he can somehow find his was to Brewers radio or TV after his playing days are done. Such a nice and funny guy.

Couldn't agree more. My daughter was able to make her dubsmash debut in what I felt was an award-winning performance as a raptor.

Dillard has a great sense of humor and has always been a great guy to talk to during the couple of times I've been able to talk with him.

How was attendance compared to other years? A rebuilding team with lots of new faces seems like it wouldn't attract as many fans as a veteran team in contention.

Honestly it felt the same as it always is but maybe slightly down in attendance. There are always long lines for autographs- people wait hours in lines for some.

I know if you bought the kids club before Dec 1 or around then you got 1 free ticket to the event and I assume there were others who got freebies.

Seemed like attendance was down. I mostly go for autographs and memorabilia, so I didn't pay much attention to the other attractions, though it seemed people were enjoying themselves while walking around. My day went like this:

I got in there hit the rummage sale first. They scaled back on that, much of the better gamer stuff you could normally find for cheap was moved to another area where jerseys of guys like Maldonado were being sold for $150 and up. I got a #99 jersey with no name on the back for $25. They had a handful of other no name jerseys, along with coaches and other players whose names I haven't heard. Not even sure what year they were from. Also picked up a brand new St Patricks Day fitted hat for $10, a barking hank bobble for $10 and two Hank bobbles from the Marathon for $10 each. My wife will be thrilled to put one on her desk at work.

It was now about 10:15. From there I went to the prosepects line to stand in line for Brinson, Hader, and Phillips. There wasn't any schedule for them. We stood in line for 20 minutes before finding out they were part of the game show and wouldn't be signing till at least 12:45. I left the line and roamed around.

Went over to the memorabilia area. Lots of the same stuff you'd expect. Signed photos, cards, 80's giveaways, tons of bobbleheads, etc. Picked up a Jean Segura All Star game ball for $10 and a pair of game used Aramis Ramirez signed cleats for $50. At some other booth I picked up an Italian bobble to make up for the one I accidentally sold while cleaning inventory a few years ago.

Went back to the prospects line, stood around there until Brinson and Cordell started signing. Got Brinson on a ball, got Cordell on their 5x7 card. Got back in line and was able to get Hader on a ball and Phillips on a 5x7 card.

From there I took one more lap around the memorabilia area, got a few slices of Palermios, some chocolate milk, and samples of brats and 4 cheese sausage. By 2pm I was on my way to the car.

With only one All Star whose auto I've gotten 6-7 times over the years, and getting Villar last year, there wasn't anyone I really cared about getting, so my day was pretty easy. Hope everyone else enjoyed it, too.

Archived