Brewer Fanatic

Last date to sign?

Colby, or any other knowledgeable folk, what is the last date that players have to sign with the team that drafted them or they go back into the draft? I'm thinking that it's a week prior to the draft, which would make Tuesday the last possible day to sign. But obviously I'm not sure or I wouldn't be asking the expert.

If that date is correct, we have 4 days left for stuff to happen. Will we see Drew or Weaver sign on the dotted line? I'd like to see them reenter the draft, it can only make our chances of one of the big four dropping to us. Any news on that front?

What's the hold up with our boy Deik? I'm getting nervous!!! And concerning the Andrew Miller express, are we starting to talk about Manny money? I realize that Manny was a freak in how high his stock jumped. I believe Manny was thought to have become a mid-first round guy had he reentered the draft. Miller is being talked about as a 5-10 round guy. Here's to hoping we can bring both of them into the fold.

You're right DHonks, DFEs have to sign by May 31st. The only exception is if a player's season continues past the deadline, in which the controlling team has 48 hours after the player's season ends to sign him. Of course, if that player's season continues past the draft, such as Ronnie Prettyman's, the Brewers would have to re-draft them to be able to sign them.

I think we'll see Drew & Weaver sign before the deadline. It will go to the last minute, but they'll eventually get it done IMO.

As for Derek Miller (not Andrew Miller, a LHP from UNC who could be the #1 overall pick next year), I don't think he's looking for anything near Parra-money. As Mass Haas has pointed out on another thread, he's older (23+) and has little to no leverage. Even if we do sign him, he's going to have to move quick, which is why I've suggested moving him to the bullpen (which goes against my thoughts on the Hansen thread, but at his age time is of the essence).

I think Scram will eventually sign. Remember, every year we go down to the wire with these guys. Most of it is by design.

Probably not. The way I read it, the DFE's have to be signed by the 31st making Monday the 30th the last day to sign them. When Tuesday rolls around, they better be signed or you're out of luck.

The way I read it, the DFE's have to be signed by the 31st making Monday the 30th the last day to sign them.

Exactly. By saying they have to be signed by the 31st I meant that the end of the day Monday (today) is the deadline.

And sorry about that doc/DHonks. Not sure how that happened http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif .

Archived