Brewer Fanatic

Autograph Advice Needed

burnzy24
I have a game used Robin Yount bat that I have been wanting to get autographed for a while. I noticed he is doing a public signing this weekend but it will cost me $150 to get it signed. Having never paid for an autograph before I am curious if this is a fair price to pay. Also would having the bat signed add that much value to it?

Is the bat authenticated as game used? Being Yount, it's probably worth it as it will instantly become a centerpiece of your collection, if it isn't already. Doing a quick search on eBay, game used signed bats for Yount are being listed at minimum $999.99. None of them sold, but that's what the listing minimum is. I looked at his SCP Auctions to see if there were any gamer bats up, but the only one was his 3000th hit, and it was the highest selling item.

I'd say if you got the cash, go for it. But if your going to get him, throw down the extra $30 and get the HOF inscription too. Thats just my opinion.

So the bat is not authenticated. It was given to a family member by another player back in 1983. The hande actually is cracked a bit which is likely why it was given away. I acquired it at no cost which is the one of the reasons I am considering shelling out $150 for the signature. I also figured I would have a tough time getting it signed at ondeck because most people would want his autograph. Thanks for the advice, if I can get the wife's blessing it will likely be a go.

Make is a priority to get it signed at some point. I am a HUGE Yount fan and have paid for his auto twice. Once on a Batman and Robin poster and the other time on a 82 championship champagne bottle. It was cool unsigned and even better signed. Its really more of an investment if you think about it.

You can research online past auctions of Mears Sports Auctions which is a local company. There are plenty of Yount bats that go through so you could match up a few to your year range and condition of the bat. Mears could also authenticate and grade the bat for you. There just wasn't MLB Authentication at the time of your bat.

It would be nice if he was signing at ondeck, because it would have been $25 like he has been for the past so many years, but I think due to the 1982 signingi they nixed that

They/He probably wouldn't allow a game used item to be signed. Though I could be wrong, but that is how it is a lot of times.

Unfortunately no. I ended up hurting my back last week and sitting in a car for an hour ride one way wasn't going to work. Next time he is signing in the area though it will happen. Is there any websites that track appearances like that?

Archived