Brewer Fanatic

Forsythe to Dodgers - DeLeon to Rays

patrickgpe
Gennett has the better lifetime OPS. He is also 3 years younger than Forsythe and has been much better at the same age. Maybe he won't improve as Forsythe has done the last two years but there is still that possibility despite all the hate he gets here.

Scooter does have the better career OPS, but there are two things working against him here relative to Logan. Gennett did most of his damage his first two years in the league with his last two both being below average, even for a 2B. Forsythe has done just the opposite, after a slow start to his career he has been an above average hitter the last two years.

The second is that Scooter has played his whole career in an excellent hitter's park so his OPS+ of 99 & wRC+ of 97 fall short of Logan's career marks of 103 OPS+ & 102 wRC+ since Forsythe has played his entire career in a pair of pitcher's parks.

Gennett is younger & cheaper than Forsythe, I'll give him that.

Forsythe is a plus defender who is a year away from putting up a .599 SLG % vs LHP. A good solid player who didn't take a huge return to get. He hits LHP a little better than RHP but doesn't need to be platooned. A pretty good baserunner and overall above average player. Good pickup for the Dodgers
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Time for the Scooter to Tampa Rays rumors to start

Why? They have plenty of options at 2B and it's not like they're really competing this year or Scooter would help them that much anyway.

Maybe the Rays do enough other options, but getting Scooter out of Milwaukee would be a plus for the Crew IMHO.

Seems like the Dodgers may have preferred Forsythe to Dozier. They were looking for a 2B who could be a leadoff hitter. Forsythe fits the bill and cost them less in the way of prospects.

I also think the Dodgers current president of baseball ops Andrew Friedman's past with the Rays had something to do with it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Gennett has the better lifetime OPS. He is also 3 years younger than Forsythe and has been much better at the same age. Maybe he won't improve as Forsythe has done the last two years but there is still that possibility despite all the hate he gets here.

A difference of opinion on worth? Yes. Hate? No.

If we didn't have Villar at 2B right now, I doubt too many people are talking about trading Scooter. But Villar is seen as a better long term fit with the team and given Scooter's lack of versatility there is a desire to trade him for a better fit.

But I don't know anyone that hates him.

A difference of opinion on worth? Yes. Hate? No.

If we didn't have Villar at 2B right now, I doubt too many people are talking about trading Scooter. But Villar is seen as a better long term fit with the team and given Scooter's lack of versatility there is a desire to trade him for a better fit.

But I don't know anyone that hates him.

Its not hate of Scooter. It enough people have realized that his ranking among 2B players is toward the bottom of the league (bottom 20%). If not for Villar being here, the call would be for someone else to come in & play instead of Scooter. Someone to either help lead the youngsters on the team or someone that will grow into the position and be at least middle of the pack among 2B players in baseball, especially in three years when the team is ready to contend again..

There are reports coming out (JP Morosi http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/01/tradefree-agent-rumors-blevins-jays-alvarez-breslow-dozier.html ) that the Twins were seeking 3 of the Dodgers top 5 prospects for Dozier.

If true, even if early on, its clear the Twins way overplayed their hand in trade talks & I can understand why its Forsythe in Dodger blue instead of Dozier.

Archived