Brewer Fanatic

Yordano Ventura killed in DR crash

jjgott

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 4m4 minutes ago

"Speed, alcohol, bad roads." The people I've spoken with who know and love the D.R. say it's a nasty cocktail that causes these tragedies.

This just sucks. Jose Fernandez and Yordano Ventura were two of my favorite young pitchers and are now both gone.

Be safe out there everybody!

First & foremost: Prayers to the Ventura family & the Royals organization. A big loss in their lives.

Now is not the time to discuss it, but this tragedy will have a ripple effect on the KC club and impact on the upcoming free agents. It will be an interesting discussion once that starts (in about a week or so)..

First & foremost: Prayers to the Ventura family & the Royals organization. A big loss in their lives.

Now is not the time to discuss it, but this tragedy will have a ripple effect on the KC club and impact on the upcoming free agents. It will be an interesting discussion once that starts (in about a week or so)..

Very sad to see young people cut down tragically like that. Agree that any impact impact on Royals roster is a discussion for another day. Entire organization will feel his loss I'm sure as does all of baseball.

Archived