Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Neftali Feliz to 1 year/$5.35MM deal; Latest: DFA'd on June 14th

And That
If the Brewers are paying him either way...I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing if he accepted an AAA assignment. I can't possibly imagine he gets an MLB contract after the way he's pitched so far this year.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He won't be claimed. 3M+ is too much for how bad he's been. He'll get released and we'll get a few hundred in relief from the pro-rated minimum.

This frees up a spot on the 40 too...wonder who that will end up going to...Wang?

I just had a terrible vision of STL signing Feliz and immediately transforming him into a lights-out reliever again. Shudder.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. They seem to always be able to pick up garbage, sprinkle magic dust on it and have them revert back to all star form.

It's worth a shot with Espino to see if he can be effective in one inning stints. Hopefully the Peralta experiment is over soon as well.

Maybe it's irrational but I have a bad feeling that Peralta will be an ace somewhere else. He is the one guy I worry about cutting. The rest of our guys I don't care about cutting.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Maybe it's irrational but I have a bad feeling that Peralta will be an ace somewhere else. He is the one guy I worry about cutting. The rest of our guys I don't care about cutting.

I feel like peralta = segura. He may turn it around, but not here. He just needs a change of scenery at this point. Maybe hes done, maybe not, but I feel like the Brewers keep throwing him out tjere is the equivalent of banging your head on a desk.

It's worth a shot with Espino to see if he can be effective in one inning stints. Hopefully the Peralta experiment is over soon as well.

TH tweeted that DS said they were going to give Peralta more time to figure it out in the pen, which does seem fair considering the short time he's had to work on the conversion from starter to reliever.

no surprise here given a large salary that few teams would want to take on, the brewers have released neftali feliz.

He finished tied for 40th on the Brewers all time saves list, one ahead of Graeme Lloyd and a few others. Can’t tell if that stat makes me happy or sad.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp?c_id=mil#sortColumn=sv&sectionType=sp&playerType=ALL&statType=pitching&season=2017&season_type=ALL&game_type='R'&elem=%5Bobject+Object%5D&tab_level=child&click_text=Sortable+Player+pitching&league_code='MLB'&page=1&ts=1497903139565

Archived