Brewer Fanatic

2017 Starting Pitching Rotation

CheezWizHed
I'm not sure why people are getting upset that we are stashing Garza on our DL?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure why people are getting upset that we are stashing Garza on our DL?

Yeah, with the way he's been pitching I'd rather have him there than in the starting rotation.

Jokes aside, this is probably good roster management. Garza is owed money and we have better rotation options. Now we can use him as insurance, and if he's not needed we can cut him when he comes off the DL. It won't cost us any additional money, and maybe we get some value out of it.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Garza hurt? What's the point of keeping him around using a 40 man spot?

The article said they hope he's ready by the end of April, so this allows him to be insurance against another pitcher either getting hurt or completely stinking up the joint for a month. Shortly after that, they will be beyond the cutoff and can bring up Hader to replace anyone who is injured or under-performing.

This is exactly what I think they're doing. And it's fine with me, they're paying Garza a lot of money, so IF needed I see no problem putting a bunch of innings on Garza's arm if they need another SP in the short term.

I believe they got the right 5 guys in the rotation so if they want to stash Garza that's ok for the time being but after a month or two I would hope a Hader or another young arm would be a better option than trotting Garza out there in case of injury.

Come on down, Josh Hader!

I'm guessing it's Milone to the rotation and a reliever is recalled. Wouldn't it be something if Crybaby gets recalled on the 2nd day of the season.

Guerra to the 10 day DL, and it sounds like it's going to end up being a bit longer than that. Come on down, Josh Hader!

That would be a colossal mistake. I'd rather sign someone who didn't make a team than waste clock time on Hader here.

Guerra to the 10 day DL, and it sounds like it's going to end up being a bit longer than that. Come on down, Josh Hader!

That would be a colossal mistake. I'd rather sign someone who didn't make a team than waste clock time on Hader here.

Two starts has what effect on his clock time? Garza will be off the DL in a little over a week. What's the alternative? Throwing Milone out there? Jungmann maybe. At least he'd be better than Milone. Hader has stuff to get major league hitters out. He'd be my choice at least until Garza is ready. Are you afraid he'll be really really good?

It'll be Milone who fills Guerra's spot I'm sure, since Jungmann was not stretched out as a starter this Spring.

Can't wait to hear the interview with Tyler Cravy after the Brewers announce that he's taking Guerra's spot on the roster, since that's about 95% likely to happen at this point. They used up so much of the bullpen yesterday, they'll need a fresh arm for tonight, and now that we have Hughes there's no spot on the 40-man for Scahill (although it'd be kinda funny to me if they clear a spot for Scahill and deliberately avoid calling up Cravy as punishment, but I doubt they'd do that).

Erased.

I say bring in Brent Suter and let him start. He's 26 already and on the 40 man.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I would be down with calling up Suter/Cravy for the next few games, give Hader one start and bring up whoever of Suter/Cravy you did not bring up before. In my opinion it is the best starting option for that one game and keeps the bullpen fresh. Then Garza could start the following turn in the rotation and down goes Suter/Cravy. One day of service time isn't going to harm anything in regards to Hader.

I would assume it will be Milone/Jungmann combo effort for the Cubs on the 8th until Garza is off the DL.

As for who will be brought up to add to the pen, I assume Cravy, but would be very interesting if they brought up Suter, with the very valid reason that he would be the only lefty in the pen if Milone goes to rotation.

Erased.

I say bring in Brent Suter and let him start. He's 26 already and on the 40 man.

Glad I went with my second choice. Hopefully he gets the start over Millone.

I don't think Suter was brought in to sit in the bullpen a few days and start on Saturday so I would assume it isn't Suter getting the start. If Suter was getting the start I think they would have just brought up Cravy for the rest of this series and the start of the Cubs.

I don't think Suter was brought in to sit in the bullpen a few days and start on Saturday so I would assume it isn't Suter getting the start. If Suter was getting the start I think they would have just brought up Cravy for the rest of this series and the start of the Cubs.

Since Milone just pitched a couple of innings yesterday, it might make sense just to let him rest and start on Saturday, and the fresh-armed Suter can pitch in relief.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Only the Brewers lose their ace in their opener and now the fans have to sit and watch a guy like Malone. Disgusting.

Guerra out 4-6 weeks

Which means it could be longer by the time he stretches out, a few minor league starts, etc.

Honestly, at this point may as well bring up Lopez. He's not getting any younger, and they have a plan for Hader. I don't know if I can handle a few starts by Milone, then a few by Jungmann, etc.

None of those guys will be a starter long term for the Brewers, so just bring up Lopez and find out this year if he can hang, or not.

Archived