Brewer Fanatic

2017 Starting Pitching Rotation

CheezWizHed

At least they moved Scherzer to Sunday. Sunday could be reminiscent of the 26-1 game in WAS a few weeks ago that Perez pitched in where we just punted the game before it started.

Scherzer vs. Garza?!? Drooling to see that matchup. Sounds like a W!

Right, but it's better than having Max go Sat and then still have Garza or whoever the callup is go Sunday. Now you only have one game you're going into negatively. I bet this is Garza's last game starting, they'll sit Braun and others Sunday and just punt the game. Then try to use the bye days the next two weeks so you might only need a #5 one more time until the week of the 17th, and who knows they could be as good as out of it by then.

Change of plans again: Scherzer is now pitching Saturday. It'll be Garza vs Jackson on Sunday

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know win totals don't matter, but still an interesting statistic:

I believe only one other time has a Brewer pitcher been tied for the league lead in wins in September - Pete Vuckovich in strike-shortened 1981.

Are we backing Garza up to pitch Wednesday? Looks like we are shoving everyone back so Nelson, Anderson, Davies go up against the Cubs... does Garza slot in to Wednesday?

Wasn't all that hard of a call but this is the first thing I've gotten right all year so I would like to take credit. My next prediction is that Garza gets the Suter treatment and is pulled after 3 innings.

Are we backing Garza up to pitch Wednesday? Looks like we are shoving everyone back so Nelson, Anderson, Davies go up against the Cubs... does Garza slot in to Wednesday?

Wasn't all that hard of a call but this is the first thing I've gotten right all year so I would like to take credit. My next prediction is that Garza gets the Suter treatment and is pulled after 3 innings.

Garza has already been getting the Suter treatment , due to ineffectiveness. He should only be given 3 innings if he pitches well and based on his starts the last few months, that is unlikely. The last time he made it 6 innings was July 5th. Pretty sad...

Garza has been better when he's had extra rest. I'm hoping we can get a few good innings and counsel had a quick trigger on him. I fully believe he will, similar to suter. Line up jeffress and suter behind him...

confirmed tonight: brent suter

confirmed wednesday: chase anderson on three days' rest (first time in his career pitching on short rest)

thursday: off day

friday: zach davies on four days' rest?

saturday: brandon woodruff on four days' rest?

sunday: brent suter on four days' rest?

monday: chase anderson on four days' rest?

confirmed tonight: brent suter

confirmed wednesday: chase anderson on three days' rest (first time in his career pitching on short rest)

thursday: off day

friday: zach davies on four days' rest?

saturday: brandon woodruff on four days' rest?

sunday: brent suter on four days' rest?

monday: chase anderson on four days' rest?

If you keep going, you could consider a mop-up/bullpen day next Tues. @ PIT Then

@ PIT Wed: Davies 4 days rest

vs CHC Thur: Woodruff 4 days rest

vs CHC Fri: Suter 4 days rest

vs CHC Sat: Anderson 4 days rest

vs CHC Sun: Davies 3 days rest

M off

vs CIN Tues: Woodruff 4 days rest

vs CIN Weds: Suter 4 days rest

vs CIN Thurs: Anderson 4 days rest

@ STL Fri: Davies 4 days rest

@ STL Sat: Woodruff 4 days rest

@ STL Sun: Suter 4 days rest

playoff game 1: Anderson

only one off day left (monday after the cubs series). time will tell if aaron wilkerson earns another start against the reds next week.

tonight: chase anderson on five days' rest

wednesday: aaron wilkerson (threw 1.0 inning on friday)

thursday vs. cubs: zach davies on four days' rest

friday: brandon woodruff on four days' rest

saturday: brent suter on four days' rest

sunday: chase anderson on four days' rest

monday: off

Looking way ahead at the rotation the rest of the way, including playoffs. The big question is who starts a huge game against the Cards?

Reds

9/26 - Davies

9/27 - Woodruff

9/28 - Suter

Cards

9/29 - Anderson

9/30 - ?

10/1 - Davies

That lines up Anderson to start the wild card game on 10/4

NLDS

10/6 - Davies

10/7 - Woodruff

10/9 - Anderson

10/10 - Davies on short rest?

10/12 - Woodruff

Looking way ahead at the rotation the rest of the way, including playoffs. The big question is who starts a huge game against the Cards?

Reds

9/26 - Davies

9/27 - Woodruff

9/28 - Suter

Cards

9/29 - Anderson

9/30 - ?

10/1 - Davies

That lines up Anderson to start the wild card game on 10/4

NLDS

10/6 - Davies

10/7 - Woodruff

10/9 - Anderson

10/10 - Davies on short rest?

10/12 - Woodruff

I did the same exercise at work today. Worth noting a potential 1 game playoff with Colorado would be in Colorado on 10/2, Woodruff would be lined up for that one on normal rest and also lined up for game 2 on normal rest(if we get that far). I think you are spot on for the most part, though if by some miracle we clinch the wildcard before 10/1 it's probable Davies doesn't pitch that game and potentially pitches a wildcard game with the D Backs(leaving Chase to be the guy going on short rest in the NLDS...he's shown he can be effective on short rest)

Archived