Brewer Fanatic

Travis Shaw Projection

I just hope we resign him this offseason.

Why wouldnt they resign him? He isn't even eligible for Free Agency until after 2021. I can't imagine they would non tender him.

I saw we signed a one year contract, that's all.

I just hope we resign him this offseason.

Why wouldnt they resign him? He isn't even eligible for Free Agency until after 2021. I can't imagine they would non tender him.

I saw we signed a one year contract, that's all.

It's a little more complicated than this, but to sum it up, MLB players are completely controlled by whatever team they are on until they have 6 years on an MLB roster. Their teams can pay them whatever they want to for their first 3 years, and the next 3 years the team and player attempt to agree on a number based on their production, and if they can't agree, they each submit a dollar amount and an arbitrator determines which number is fairest.

Shaw only will have about 2 and a half years of MLB service time after this season, so he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

It's a little more complicated than this, but to sum it up, MLB players are completely controlled by whatever team they are on until they have 6 years on an MLB roster. Their teams can pay them whatever they want to for their first 3 years, and the next 3 years the team and player attempt to agree on a number based on their production, and if they can't agree, they each submit a dollar amount and an arbitrator determines which number is fairest.

Shaw only will have about 2 and a half years of MLB service time after this season, so he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Good. :)

Archived