Brewer Fanatic

McCutchen to Yankees, Prospects to White Sox, Quintana to Pirates, 3 team trade

current rumor: McCutchen to Yankees, Prospects to White Sox, Quintana to Pirates, 3 team trade

Not done yet, but this combined with Encarnacion signing would make Braun the most valuable RH power hitter available

http://www.inquisitr.com/3822106/new-york-yankees-trade-rumors-andrew-mccutchen-to-the-bronx-will-yankees-scoop-mets/

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

If this happens the White Sox could jump the Brewers as having the best minor league system in terms of prospects. Wouldn't be as deep as Milwaukee, but as far as top level talent they would be absolutely loaded (which it should be if you are trading guys like Sale and Quintana).

current rumor: McCutchen to Yankees, Prospects to White Sox, Quintana to Pirates, 3 team trade

Not done yet, but this combined with Encarnacion signing would make Braun the most valuable RH power hitter available

http://www.inquisitr.com/3822106/new-york-yankees-trade-rumors-andrew-mccutchen-to-the-bronx-will-yankees-scoop-mets/

Braun isn't available in the true sense. Batista, among other RH bats still out there, is.

I'd project Quintana as a 4.3, 4.3, 4.0, 3.6 WAR player over the next four years which would put his surplus value at +109.97 million.

I'll give McCutchen the benefit of a doubt and project him to be a 3.3 and 3.0 WAR player over the next two years. Surplus value = +25.62 million.

Where I would slot Pirates prospects:

OF-Austin Meadows = 62.0 million

1B-Josh Bell = 62.0 million

RHP-Tyler Glasnow = 39.0 million

RHP-Mitch Keller = 39.0 million

SS-Kevin Newman = 38.2 million

3B-Ke'Bryan Hayes = 20.6 million

SS-Cole Tucker = 10 million

3B-Will Craig = 10 million

LHP-Steven Brault = 10 million

5 million dollar surplus value players start after that group

Yankees prospects:

OF-Clint Frazier = 62.0 million

SS-Gleyber Torres = 62.0 million

OF-Blake Rutherford = 38.2 million

SS-Jorge Mateo = 22.4 million

OF-Aaron Judge = 22.4 million

RHP-James Kaprielian = 16.5 million

LHP-Justus Sheffield = 15.6 million

3B-Migual Andujar = 10 million

RHP-Domingo Acevedo = 10 million

RHP-Albert Abreu = 10 million

RHP-Dillon Tate = 10 million

OF-Dustin Fowler = 10 million

RHP-Chance Adams = 10 million

5 million dollar surplus values start after that group

Projected trade:

Pittsburgh Pirates get:

LHP-Jose Quintana (from White Sox)

OF-Charlie Tilson (from White Sox) - MLB.com #11 White Sox prospect

LHP-Brian Clark (from White Sox) - MLB.com #22 White Sox prospect

RHP-Drew Finley (from Yankees) - MLB.com #18 Yankees prospect

New York Yankees get:

OF-Andrew McCutchen (from Pirates)

Chicago White Sox get:

OF-Austin Meadows (from Pirates) - Baseball America #1 Pirates prospect

RHP-Mitch Keller (from Pirates) - Baseball America #2 Pirates prospect

SS-Jorge Mateo (from Yankees) - Baseball America #4 Yankees prospect

I'd project Quintana as a 4.3, 4.3, 4.0, 3.6 WAR player over the next four years which would put his surplus value at +109.97 million.

I'll give McCutchen the benefit of a doubt and project him to be a 3.3 and 3.0 WAR player over the next two years. Surplus value = +25.62 million.

Where I would slot Pirates prospects:

OF-Austin Meadows = 62.0 million

1B-Josh Bell = 62.0 million

RHP-Tyler Glasnow = 39.0 million

RHP-Mitch Keller = 39.0 million

SS-Kevin Newman = 38.2 million

3B-Ke'Bryan Hayes = 20.6 million

SS-Cole Tucker = 10 million

3B-Will Craig = 10 million

LHP-Steven Brault = 10 million

5 million dollar surplus value players start after that group

Yankees prospects:

OF-Clint Frazier = 62.0 million

SS-Gleyber Torres = 62.0 million

OF-Blake Rutherford = 38.2 million

SS-Jorge Mateo = 22.4 million

OF-Aaron Judge = 22.4 million

RHP-James Kaprielian = 16.5 million

LHP-Justus Sheffield = 15.6 million

3B-Migual Andujar = 10 million

RHP-Domingo Acevedo = 10 million

RHP-Albert Abreu = 10 million

RHP-Dillon Tate = 10 million

OF-Dustin Fowler = 10 million

RHP-Chance Adams = 10 million

5 million dollar surplus values start after that group

Projected trade:

Pittsburgh Pirates get:

LHP-Jose Quintana (from White Sox)

OF-Charlie Tilson (from White Sox) - MLB.com #11 White Sox prospect

LHP-Brian Clark (from White Sox) - MLB.com #22 White Sox prospect

RHP-Drew Finley (from Yankees) - MLB.com #18 Yankees prospect

New York Yankees get:

OF-Andrew McCutchen (from Pirates)

Chicago White Sox get:

OF-Austin Meadows (from Pirates) - Baseball America #1 Pirates prospect

RHP-Mitch Keller (from Pirates) - Baseball America #2 Pirates prospect

SS-Jorge Mateo (from Yankees) - Baseball America #4 Yankees prospect

You gotta try again. Yankees only giving 2 prospects for McCutchen? #4/18?

White Sox give Quintana and #11/22 prospects. get just 3 prospects?

Pirates lost McCuthchen, their #1&2?

What a get for the Yankees and a complete mistake on the Pirates.

Essentially it'd be like saying Isan Diaz and Corbin Burnes for Andrew Mccutchen.

All depends on how you value McCutchen and Quintana.

In the last four seasons McCutchen's WAR has dropped from 8.1 to 6.3 to 4.9 to -0.7. He probably isn't a centerfielder anymore. Last year he slashed .256/.336/.430/.766 and had all sorts of nagging injury problems. What most concerns me is the Pirates are attempting to contend because they are going after Quintana who will cost a boatload...but at the same time they want to deal McCutchen which doesn't make sense if they view him as a valuable piece. If he's moved to a corner outfield spot and plays average defense and slashes something like .265/.340/.460/.800 he's certainly has value but is no longer superstar quality. I've projected McCutchen as a +3.3 WAR player in 2017 and a +3.0 WAR player in 2018 which would bring his dollar value to 54.12 million over the two seasons. He is scheduled to make 28.5 million so his surplus value is +25.62. He has good positive value but does not have elite type value unless he returns to a 4.5 - 5.0 WAR player and I don't see it happening. But anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's guess so who knows?

Quintana holds absolute top value IMO. Four straight seasons with 200+ innings pitched and in those four seasons has posted WARs of 5.4, 3.5, 4.0, 5.2. He is only 27 years old and is under contract for 4 more seasons at a bargain rate. The last two seasons are team options so if there is a significant arm injury the club can walk away for an insignificant buyout (1 million). I've projected him with WARs of 4.3, 4.3, 4.0, 3.6 over the next four seasons which would put him at a value of 145.32 million. His contract over that timeframe will pay him 35.35 million. I have his surplus value at +109.97 million and in terms of trade value...even after reviewing the numbers I see him as having more than 4 times the value of Andrew McCutchen. Nobody is going to get Quintana out of Chicago unless the White Sox get back a king's ransom for him.

I spoken my complaints before on this guessing War. Just 1WAR of extra vs that projection is worth 8million. So while you project McCutchen 6.3WAR over the next 2 seasons. His career avg is 4.75BWar with 3 or 8 seasons being below that. At his peak he was a 7War player for a 3 year stretch. We're knocking him down so much due to injuries that with 153games played in 2016, meant he played through. All it takes is 1 season like that 7War and it exceeds your projection.

The other aspect is you give him a trade value only to his surplus value. As if, 28.5million for his potential should matter. If he's providing 54million value he shouldn't net what would amount to 15million in prospects? Lemme do the math now.

Pitt sends 54million(selling low) in Mccutchen, 62mil in Meadows, and 39million in Kellar=155million Get Quintana at 134million and 15million of C grade prospect=149mil

Yankees send Mateo at 22.4 and 1 5mil prospect=27.4 receive Mcutchen's 54mil selling low value.

White Sox send Q/134, 2 5mil prospects=144mil Recieve 62,39 and 22.4=123.4mil in return.

Makes Pitts -6million

White Sox -20.5mil

Yankees +26.5mil+Comp pick for McCutchen

I'd believe the Pirates would need Blake Rutherford from the Yankees

Remove Mitch Keller and replace with K-Brayan Hayes for White Sox.

White Sox remove Tilson. Add Tyler Danish to the Yankees.

Add Nick Kingham from the Pirates to the White Sox.

Still feel the Yankees should add a small piece to the Pirates and White Sox. Something like Tyler Wade to Pitts. Jordan Montgomery to the White Sox.

Kingham I know was a top 100 prospect not long ago who lost his shine with a TJ surgery. Came back last season, On the rise back, should likely be higher than he is ranked. I think the White Sox would be pleased having him in the deal.

Archived