Brewer Fanatic

Tyrell Jenkins

jjgott

He was optioned in 2015 and 2016 so the Brewers could option him if they obtained him. Don't know much about him but sure has been around, interesting that the Rangers would trade for him and then DFA him. Do recall that game against the Brewers and he actually looked pretty good.

He's been pretty awful for two other teams but I suppose it's worth a shot.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I am all for getting Jenkins. He is still under a lot of team control and young. This would be one of those types that you turn in to a BP arm stud.

But what does Milw have to do to get him? Do you put in a Waiver claim? Or have to trade for him? I'd imagine if it's a waiver claim, wouldn't Atlanta just step back in and claim in ahead of Milw's chances?

I don't get why the Rangers would trade for him and dump him immediately? He's still very young and experience in the Bullpen very little compared to Games Starting history.

You'd think there is something else disturbing his value.

I am all for getting Jenkins. He is still under a lot of team control and young. This would be one of those types that you turn in to a BP arm stud.

But what does Milw have to do to get him? Do you put in a Waiver claim? Or have to trade for him? I'd imagine if it's a waiver claim, wouldn't Atlanta just step back in and claim in ahead of Milw's chances?

I don't get why the Rangers would trade for him and dump him immediately? He's still very young and experience in the Bullpen very little compared to Games Starting history.

You'd think there is something else disturbing his value.

The Rangers have DFA'd Jenkins, so they have the following options.

A. Return the player to the 40-man roster within 10 days from the date of designation

B. Make one of the following 4 contractual moves:

1. Place the player on waivers (which can only be done within the first 7 days of the 10-day period)

2. Trade the player

3. Release the player

4. Outright the player from the 40-man roster into the Minor Leagues(can only happen to a player once in his career)

4. Outright the player from the 40-man roster into the Minor Leagues(can only happen to a player once in his career)

Can only happen once without player consent. Can be done a dozen times IF the player agrees to it.

I believe that other times will expose the player to waivers and if unclaimed, the player then gets the option to agree to it or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived