Brewer Fanatic

Video Games

GAME05

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently got a PS4, and received Skyrim for Christmas. No, I've never played it, even after all these years since it was originally released. I know where my free time is going after the next few months.

I also got a PS4 (on Black Friday), & apologies if this title has already been touched on, but man is Call of Duty WW2 good. I'm awful at online multiplayer shooters, so I'm still 'that guy' that likes a good single-player campaign. The story is well told, the action is great, and the game is just flat-out fun.

I know WW2 games have been done almost to death, but imo this is a well-done iteration. There's a nice mix of styles of levels & combat. I've beaten the game but am replaying it. Highly recommended if WW2 shooters are your thing.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild, since we finally picked up a Switch a few weeks ago.

I don’t really know if I’m supposed to be where I am (since I haven’t unlocked the map for this region yet), either the game throws itself open at you, or the open world mechanics take over unexpectedly. I’m not sure if I love or hate how I’m playing: I don’t know if there’s something I’m supposed to have done already...but I’m worried I’m going to stumble back on to the critical story progression.

I also dove back into Overwatch on the PS4 a few months ago. I usually get into only one shooter in a console generation, and I’m glad this was the one I chose: each of the players are unique, and other players (mostly) figure out how to make the most of their character’s skill sets.

TooLiveBrew, you may also want to check out Battlefield1 and maybe Battlefield4. BF1 is a WW1 shooter. I used to play COD but I wasn't any good and didn't like the insults with the online community. With Battlefield, kill/death rate isn't crucial and certain classes get a a good amount of points for helping teammates.

If you want to see how a game plays, download Twitch (free).

I know I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but see Captain Shock's youtube videos if you're into Call of Duty. Great for strategy and map awareness which will definitely help your kill/death rate.

TooLiveBrew, you may also want to check out Battlefield1 and maybe Battlefield4. BF1 is a WW1 shooter. I used to play COD but I wasn't any good and didn't like the insults with the online community. With Battlefield, kill/death rate isn't crucial and certain classes get a a good amount of points for helping teammates.

I know I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but see Captain Shock's youtube videos if you're into Call of Duty. Great for strategy and map awareness which will definitely help your kill/death rate.

Does BF1 have a single player campaign? WW1 would be a really interesting & new story to explore

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Does BF1 have a single player campaign? WW1 would be a really interesting & new story to explore

Yes. It's great, if not a little frustrating at times.

Yes. It's great, if not a little frustrating at times.

Cool! Anyone have an opinion if the BF1 Revolution edition of the game is worth the extra ~$10? I wouldn't play multiplayer, but I think it includes some additional missions/levels? Or are they only for multiplayer?

Thanks... probably going to pick this up over the weekend.

Does anyone on here have the Nintendo switch? If so I am curious to hear some reviews as I am very inclined to pull the trigger on one this month.

I've had it for less than a month, but the one game I've started playing on the thing (Zelda...see my post from 12/27) is great. I've heard good things about the new Mario game, Splatoon 2, and the Mario + Rabbids turn-based shooter as well.

I've also heard Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare has a great single-player campaign. I actually own the game but haven't played the single-player yet. I've played the campaign for Black Ops III and it wasn't anything special. But you've got older iterations like Ghosts which you could probably get for a decent price.

---------

I brought my Playstation VR machine home for Christmas and it was pretty fun to see the reactions people had to it. Everyone thought it was pretty neat and a lot of funny moments. I went into YouTube and loaded up some VR roller coaster videos and my brother had the idea that we should all stand up and watch it. It wasn't easy to keep your balance.

• 1 month later...
What a flippin waste of a prized Christmas XBox gift for my daughter and I. The first gaming sytem Ive ever bought happens to be XBox One S. Included (huge selling point for daughter) was a Just Dance game of which you use a Kinect Sensor to play. I get a Kinect. Its plug in is made only for original One and not the S version. Yeah they seriously modified a back of system plug to not fit something that is used to play games with the console! Genius aspect #2, they stopped making this 1 adapter just after Christmas. Which finding out today, with my Kinect awaiting to be plugged in, came with Sold out on Microsoft page. $40 was Their purchase price. So outside sources to acquire this? Ebay for $300! Needs to be a lawsuit made out of this, as at no time buying the XBox Console and including a Game using a Kinect was I warned that I couldnt play this game on my console because impossible to connect a Kinect because of their stupidity to change ability to plug it in. Oh, and cease producing what fixes this problem! At same month this product is being bought for the XMas season.

What a flippin waste of a prized Christmas XBox gift for my daughter and I. The first gaming sytem Ive ever bought happens to be XBox One S. Included (huge selling point for daughter) was a Just Dance game of which you use a Kinect Sensor to play. I get a Kinect. Its plug in is made only for original One and not the S version. Yeah they seriously modified a back of system plug to not fit something that is used to play games with the console! Genius aspect #2, they stopped making this 1 adapter just after Christmas. Which finding out today, with my Kinect awaiting to be plugged in, came with Sold out on Microsoft page. $40 was Their purchase price. So outside sources to acquire this? Ebay for $300! Needs to be a lawsuit made out of this, as at no time buying the XBox Console and including a Game using a Kinect was I warned that I couldnt play this game on my console because impossible to connect a Kinect because of their stupidity to change ability to plug it in. Oh, and cease producing what fixes this problem! At same month this product is being bought for the XMas season.

Google is your friend took 1 minute to find one for 39.99.

https://m.gamestop.com/product/accessories/xbox-one-kinect-adapter/132874

Google is your friend took 1 minute to find one for 39.99.

https://m.gamestop.com/product/accessories/xbox-one-kinect-adapter/132874

I'll try thanks! Not an online purchase item on in-store pickup. Good Luck me as there's 1 store in my city or else it's hour drive to Milwaukee stores.

Edit add w/o posting a new. GameStop here and within 100miles(including Milwaukee) no longer carries this adaptor in their warehouses.

Looks like I'll be in the market for a used XBox one since will be far cheaper than this adaptor alone.

I'll try thanks! Not an online purchase item on in-store pickup. Good Luck me as there's 1 store in my city or else it's hour drive to Milwaukee stores.

Edit add w/o posting a new. GameStop here and within 100miles(including Milwaukee) no longer carries this adaptor in their warehouses.

Looks like I'll be in the market for a used XBox one since will be far cheaper than this adaptor alone.

Hmmm it was available this morning. But buying a used Xbox one is probably better anyways you are not missing all that much with the original Xbox One versus the S version. It is probably to late to return the system that you ordered. Might be able to get them to give you credit if you bought it at a store like GameStop and have them exchange it for a used Xbox One.

Oh the google and gamestop website listed the Adaptor available for sale. The site then listed only available in stores not via web. At the store the woman told me its been discontinued and no longer in Gamestops warehouses. Then her 100mile instore locator said it wasnt in any of the stores.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone playing MMOs at all? I've been playing Black Desert Online again after quitting it for 15 months. Haven't been able to find one that looks as good, and has as good gameplay as it does.

I'm not, but I have been looking for one as well. A lot of my friends play FF14, but I don't feel like starting on an olderish game. I would like to start something fresh.

The new Far Cry game looks like it might be a lot of fun. Comes out March 27th.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.