Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign LHP Tommy Milone to big league deal

And That

Between trades, additional signings, and injuries, things can change a lot between now and opening day. There's really no downside to having someone like Milone signed to a non-guaranteed deal.

Best case scenario is that he pitches well and nets us something of value at the trade deadline, while allowing the Brewers to get more MiLB time for the talented prospects who are getting close to their MLB debuts. Worst case scenario is that he gets let go and ends up costing us nothing (or at least very little).

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

This has to mean a starter is on the move... right?

Not necessarily I could see Peralta or Garza starting in the pen or DFA'd in the spring

I can see Peralta to the pen right off the bat, depending on pitching mix.

But I can't see Garza to the pen, even if he has an awful spring. Unless he is traded, I think it would take a bad spring and maybe four bad ML outings to start out before he is moved to pen or cut.

Bleh. He was hideous in Minnesota last year (saw plenty). Hopefully it works out but my expectations are next to nil with this one.

I saw plenty, too. Two things, though:

1. His track record before last year is at least half-decent and surely isn't meaningless.

2. His results last year were lousy, but it's worth also considering that the Twins last year had the reverse-Midas touch: Outside of Brian Dozier, just about everything they touched turned into pure dung!

Archived