Brewer Fanatic

Best 2016 Brewers Games

brewfanks

I'm interested in going back and watching a few of the 2016 best games with my MLB.TV subscription. I got the subscription at the September call-ups when it was dirt cheap (to watch Arcia's first games) so I didn't catch many games this year, especially before then.

Which ones are your personal favorites that I should check out?

I don't know that it was THE BEST game of 2016, but on June 12 (Sunday game vs Mets), we had no fewer than three foul balls come to our seats in front of the press box, two of which my SO caught. The latter catch was a Cespedes foul that I'm pretty sure was headed straight for my face, and my 10 year old nephew swears he saw us on camera for that one. We don't have MLB TV so I can't verify this. I do have access to the Gameday audio archives and Tom's catch was good enough to make Bob Uecker say "Hey, nice catch!"

If you decide to look, let me know if we turn up. I'm 99% certain it was the 8th inning. If you see someone catching the Cespedes foul, it's my SO and I'm sitting on his left. I vaguely remember a cameraman being in the vicinity, but I thought it was the in-house guy who captures stuff for the videoboard and not connected to FSWI.

It was a career day for us in the foul ball department, for sure.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Two that come to mind right away is July 29th against the Pirates when Junior Guerra pitches 8 2/3 innings in a 3-1 win. It looked like Counsell was going to take out Guerra in the 9th but he let him go for the shutout.

The second is September 7th against the Cubs at home in a well played 2-1 victory with the most memorable moment being Keon Broxton robbing Anthony Rizzo of a home run.

Easily the best was the "Stunner in Seattle" on August 21. I was in my car driving home from the golf course and turned the game on to start the 9th. It had been several years since the Brewers rallied from 3 or more runs down going into the 9th. Broxton keyed the rally with a leadoff homer, that eventually led to 4 runs on 6 hits in the inning and game tying HR by Carter (he'll be missed make no mistake) and a Gennett RBI single to give them the lead, then having Thornburg strand the tying run at 2B in the bottom of the inning preserve his own win. Thornburg will be missed as well and so will Scooter if he goes.

Making that game even sweeter was it busted a 6 game losing streak. Talk about getting off the mat!

Special mention to the 11-3 pounding of the Cubs the day after they clinched when Brewers pounded out 4 HR.

• 3 weeks later...

August 11 vs. the Braves. That was the game where the Brewers scored in every inning.

On May 17th vs. the Cubs, Chase Anderson took a no-hitter into the eighth inning and a shutout into the ninth.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Easily the best was the "Stunner in Seattle" on August 21. I was in my car driving home from the golf course and turned the game on to start the 9th. It had been several years since the Brewers rallied from 3 or more runs down going into the 9th. Broxton keyed the rally with a leadoff homer, that eventually led to 4 runs on 6 hits in the inning and game tying HR by Carter (he'll be missed make no mistake) and a Gennett RBI single to give them the lead, then having Thornburg strand the tying run at 2B in the bottom of the inning preserve his own win. Thornburg will be missed as well and so will Scooter if he goes.

Making that game even sweeter was it busted a 6 game losing streak. Talk about getting off the mat!

Special mention to the 11-3 pounding of the Cubs the day after they clinched when Brewers pounded out 4 HR.

I was in Seattle for that one, but not at the game. I was getting drinks and watching it before going to the Seattle v Portland soccer match that evening.

Wish I could've gone!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Oh, I'll add one.

May 7th. Better known as Aaron Hill day.

3HR including a 10th inning Salami.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I don't know that it was THE BEST game of 2016, but on June 12 (Sunday game vs Mets), we had no fewer than three foul balls come to our seats in front of the press box, two of which my SO caught. The latter catch was a Cespedes foul that I'm pretty sure was headed straight for my face, and my 10 year old nephew swears he saw us on camera for that one. We don't have MLB TV so I can't verify this. I do have access to the Gameday audio archives and Tom's catch was good enough to make Bob Uecker say "Hey, nice catch!"

If you decide to look, let me know if we turn up. I'm 99% certain it was the 8th inning. If you see someone catching the Cespedes foul, it's my SO and I'm sitting on his left. I vaguely remember a cameraman being in the vicinity, but I thought it was the in-house guy who captures stuff for the videoboard and not connected to FSWI.

It was a career day for us in the foul ball department, for sure.

I just went and watched that at bat and the camera did not follow the ball but there was a nice cheer that I assume was in recognition of a nice catch by your husband. There was a pitching change right after and I watched them come back to see if they would show it but they did not. It's possible they went into the 9th showing something but I did not check.

I got MLBtv for the first time this season and have been occasionally watching games. I access it with an AppleTV and while generally positive, the app is about 3/4 complete. It always starts with the last game of the season, game 7 WS, and requires a click to navigate 1 game, so to watch something a couple months back is 60 clicks - lame.

But to get back to your question, what I do a lot is watch the little MLB highlight of the game. Not only can you judge whether to watch, but some games have concentrated action, so I sometimes navigate to that part of the game.

As to what games, I'm not positive but I think the game after the Guerra Pirates game mentioned above was really enjoyable to me.

Formerly AKA Pete

I got MLBtv for the first time this season and have been occasionally watching games. I access it with an AppleTV and while generally positive, the app is about 3/4 complete. It always starts with the last game of the season, game 7 WS, and requires a click to navigate 1 game, so to watch something a couple months back is 60 clicks - lame.

Yeah, the app for the third generation Apple TV sucks that way. You can avoid repeated clicking by holding down the "left" button on the remote's wheel. When you do that, the app will speed up, and you'll move back much more quickly. Still, moving about is not as easy as one would like.

On the fourth generation Apple TV, there's a calendar available that speeds things up considerably. Highlight the date and click. A calendar will appear, and you can navigate from that.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I just went and watched that at bat and the camera did not follow the ball but there was a nice cheer that I assume was in recognition of a nice catch by your husband. There was a pitching change right after and I watched them come back to see if they would show it but they did not. It's possible they went into the 9th showing something but I did not check.

Aw, thanks for looking!

The Cespedes foul was way more of a rocket than the Villar one early in the game. Tom said it stung his hand right through the glove he used. Without a glove someone would have had something broken. He gave the Cespedes foul to some kids across the aisle. The Villar ball we kept.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived