Brewer Fanatic

IF Cameron Blair

Colby, just wondering if he was on your radar at all. I read something about him on John Sickels' site. Here it is:

A college guy that I like who hasn't received a lot of notice is Texas Tech shortstop Cameron Blair.

A senior, Blair is hitting .390 with a .505 OBP and a .712 SLG. In 38 games, he's hit 12 homers, and drawn 32 walks against only 15 strikeouts in 146 at-bats. He also has 16 steals.

I saw Blair play for Tech last year and was impressed with him. The Cardinals drafted him in the 18th round, but he went back to school to try and improve his draft position.

Blair is athletic, has a quick bat, and shows excellent strike zone judgment. Texas Tech is a good place to hit. . .many players post gaudy numbers for Tech. . .but I love the fact that Blair draws twice as many walks as strikeouts.

I read that he is seen as a MLB 2B prospect, rather than SS, but other than that and a suspension last year, I don't know much about him. Thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Archived