Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2016)

LouisEly
What's bugging me? The magnitude of the choke job that went on vs Penn St tonight. Bucky D looks as bad or worse than the Packer D does.

You're not giving the Badger offense enough credit. After all they did score 3pts in the 2nd half. Excellent work. Final play call was laughable on so many levels

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not at all a Bucky fan here (as hoops fans here know). But isn't Wisconsin pretty marginal and one-sided at offense this year? They happened to win some great games due to efficiency, but I never heard Badger fans really talking about how good the offense was this year. This was more of a defense-heavy squad. Of course, I could be wrong

I didn't think it was going to be so huge at the time, but when WI got the ball after stopping them on the 2nd 4th down(fumble recovery) At 28-7 lead, and ball receive in 2nd half, you call run(perfect) but then pass, pass of which both incomplete resulting in 1min removed of what was 3:25 in game clock. Punt and Penn St.'s ensuing TD before the half changed the entire game.

I felt like McSorley was hit on pass plays 50% of the time prior to that drive. And then was never hit again pass plays the rest of the game. All because that 40yard completion for TD. The defense never recovered in how to attack.

I also have to say the RBs. I think all 3 were injured during the game. It became 2 downs, rotate, 2downs, rotate, 2 downs rotate. Clement, Shaw, Shaw, Clement, Clement, Shaw, Ogunbowale, Shaw, Ogunbowale, Clement, Shaw, Clement to end game. Pretty much 2nd half usage.

I think Clement is better used late 2nd quarter and 2nd half especially if he seems to only be able to run 2downs and need to catch his breath off the field a play or three. You'd see them gain 4, gain 8 with him and think great 1st down, we'll keep this up, and there he goes running to sideline huffing and puffing. Ogunbowale comes in and it was like Chryst called pass plays 60% of the time. This momentum gained with Clement is shot by pass play call that generally wasn't for more than 5yards if at all past the line of scrimmage. All the offensive plays just made Penn St. way to comfortable to just crowd in, no deep threats and certainly nothing beyond 12yards. The complete opposite on Penn St.'s end after the 40yard touchdown, the defense was on the heels rest of the way.

Just upsetting because at 28-7 with the ball 3:25 remaining in 1st half the team and playcalling nailed it in as a win. The missed FG try gave Penn St. far more momentum and the next play TD even more. Yep all energy the Badgers had at 28-7 disappeared at 28-14.

I don't give a hoot about college sports but I watched some of the game last night. Choke job aside, how can Ohio State be ranked higher than both teams playing in their own conferences' championship game?

You can probably come to the conclusion yourself if you think about it. Hint: $$$

I don't give a hoot about college sports but I watched some of the game last night. Choke job aside, how can Ohio State be ranked higher than both teams playing in their own conferences' championship game?

You can probably come to the conclusion yourself if you think about it. Hint: $$$

Or, you know, the two teams in the title game having twice as many losses.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

It's the job of the committee to pick the best 4 teams. As it stands now, conference championships don't give teams automatic bids. If Ohio St played the exact same schedule as the two teams in the conference championship, it would make sense. The problem with these super conference is they don't play the same schedule, therefore its left in the hands of a committee. That's always going to be messy. What is tough to swallow, is that Penn State beat Ohio State, but they don't get in. They beat them on the field, which normally means they are better, but not in today's world.

Speaking of traffic....if anyone is familiar with Madison beltway? Is it a big speed trap stretch?

Since my son started going to school in IA, I have had to use that stretch several times on my trips back and forth from visiting and taking him to and from school. Seems like 90% of the drivers are very cautious in that area in regards to speed. Most don't venture more than 5 mph above the limit. Completely different that what I experience on the freeways in the Milwaukee area.

Madisonians don't flaunt the speed limit the way Milwaukeeans do.

That or because Penn State lost to Pittsburg and got destroyed by Michigan. The commiteee isn't going to put in a team that got destroyed by another one of the playoff teams. Same problem with Wisconsin. They lost against three of the other Top 5 or so playoff hopeful teams. That is problematic and Wisconsin just wasn't a dominating team all year

That or because Penn State lost to Pittsburg and got destroyed by Michigan. The commiteee isn't going to put in a team that got destroyed by another one of the playoff teams. Same problem with Wisconsin. They lost against three of the other Top 5 or so playoff hopeful teams. That is problematic and Wisconsin just wasn't a dominating team all year

Had we beaten Penn St I think we would have merited a spot assuming ahead of Washington (or a Clemson loss). Washington is a fraud, I don't put alot of stock in conferences that are allergic to defense (goes for the B12 too).

In my opinion Penn St belongs in that playoff, be it at the expense of OSU who they beat head to head or Washington.

Had we beaten Penn St I think we would have merited a spot assuming ahead of Washington (or a Clemson loss). Washington is a fraud, I don't put alot of stock in conferences that are allergic to defense (goes for the B12 too).

In my opinion Penn St belongs in that playoff, be it at the expense of OSU who they beat head to head or Washington.

The first three teams in my opinion were pretty easy. Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State. I also agree on Washington not worthy of being selected. In my opinion Michigan should have gotten it instead. Michigan killed Penn State in their meeting which is the real difference maker there. Not sure how one could decide to put Penn State in over Michigan(if we booted Washington out).

Community Moderator

If you're going to play by the current rules (eye test trumps all), I would have put Michigan in the playoff ahead of Penn State. Penn State lost to Michigan by 39.

I'm fine with Washington being in. One-loss conference champion is more important than nonconference strength of schedule. Plus they won the last two "must win" games against top-25 teams, including a very impressive performance against a great Colorado defense. We finally (mostly) got rid of the SEC bias and there's no need to replace it with a Big Ten bias.

We'll see what happens in the Rose Bowl and in the CFP. I expect USC to win and Washington to have a good showing against Alabama. Chris Petersen knows how to win big games and Washington is more talented than people give them credit for.

WIsconsin has a nice chance to pick up a win in a major bowl game. Not what we hoped for but would be nice to keep the bowl winning streak going.

The committee got it right.

Team A: one loss on the road by three points to a top-5 team, beat three other top-10 teams including one on the road by 21

Team B: two losses, one on the road by one to a top-25 team, another on the road by 39 to a top-6 team, beat top 10 team in conference championship by 7

Team C: two losses, one on the road by one to a top-25 team, another on the road in OT to a top-5 team, beat top-5 team by 39 at home

Team D: one loss at home to a top-10 team, beat top-10 team in conference championship by 31

If I'm ranking these teams, I have A and D followed by C then B. It's really, really close, but it's right.

Speaking of traffic....if anyone is familiar with Madison beltway? Is it a big speed trap stretch?

Since my son started going to school in IA, I have had to use that stretch several times on my trips back and forth from visiting and taking him to and from school. Seems like 90% of the drivers are very cautious in that area in regards to speed. Most don't venture more than 5 mph above the limit. Completely different that what I experience on the freeways in the Milwaukee area.

Madisonians don't flaunt the speed limit the way Milwaukeeans do.

Wanna bet? I regularly see people going 50 on a 35 zone in Madison.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Wisconsin has a nice chance to pick up a win in a major bowl game. Not what we hoped for but would be nice to keep the bowl winning streak going.

I for one was just glad they're in bowl game that has been around longer than I have. Unlike, say, the Dollar General or Beef O'Brady's bowl games. :rolleyes

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm still completely shocked the UW D imploded like it did.

I think they got the final four correct. I struggle to put in a team that lost by 40 points to anyone, especially when they have one more loss than their competition.

I have this Charlie Brown style Christmas tree on my desk in my classroom. Today I walked into my room and all the needles were no longer on it, and my lone ornament, a Polish racing sausage was in pieces on my desk. I soon found out there was a senior meeting in my classroom after school that I was not made aware of.

Apparently a girl bumped my desk and knocked over my tree and that's how my oranament broke. The meeting was held by the guidance counselor. Talked to him and he told me what happened. Told him "Well, who's gonna replace it?" and he gave me $10 bucks. I was able to buy just a regular Brewers ornament on eBay. But the only racing sausage they had was $13 before shipping, and I wasn't buying that.

Super annoyed and bummed out that there are vacant classrooms in our building, and they used mine. Also that I have classes all day and in two weeks none of my students have came close to bumping it. Some random students come in my room after school, without me knowing, for a 30 minute meeting and break things.

Happy holidays. Blah.

Wow, the worst part of that story, in my opinion, is no note was left from the guidance counselor or anything? You had to hunt down how it happened? That's really rude.

Right?! I could see a student being scared or just not caring enough to own up, but how did the counselor not do the grownup thing to begin with?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Wow, the worst part of that story, in my opinion, is no note was left from the guidance counselor or anything? You had to hunt down how it happened? That's really rude.

Right?! I could see a student being scared or just not caring enough to own up, but how did the counselor not do the grownup thing to begin with?

It could be that the counselor is very young himself/herself. Manners and morals are not the same with the 20 somethings as it was back in my day. (1983 high school graduate) Being a teacher myself, I know for a fact that teenagers are a total different breed than when I started teaching 27 years ago. It isn't because I am getting older, it is because their values, and more importantly, their parent's values have changed in this generation.

Or, the counselor might just be a jerk, and thought the situation might just go away if they ignored it...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The girl did come to my class to apologize, I've had her before and I know she wouldn't intentionally break something. But as you guys said, it would've been nice for the counselor to write a note instead of me having to ask a principal if/why there was a meeting in my room. The counselor and I get along pretty well too, but he was obviously not happy that I thought someone should replace my ornament. Though I wasn't happy it had to be replaced to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Today, we had a conference call about a product design for a new customer (we have had daily calls on this for over a week now). My boss stated on the phone that he didn't understand why I was concerned about a particular feature. He has spoken to one of the people that report to me in person and didn't think anything I had stated was justified. He didn't realize I was on the call. So I reiterated my concern and then followed it up with an email with a picture to clarify.

Later, he responded to me and added the other person and wanted clarification because what I said didn't match what my boss heard from the other person. But my team-member stated that I was correct in my explanation and assessment of the issue. My team-member is now the expert on this feature, but I was part of the team the originally designed it and handed it off to him.

Nice to find out what your boss thinks of you... (fyi, both my boss and I are engineers, but he has no work experience in my engineering specialty).

ESPN hogs all of the bowl games - they don't even share many with ABC.

As a network television connoisseur, this bugs me. I understand their subscriber fee is about $7 / month per household. Why can't they just charge me $7 / month direct to stream their programming? Or better yet, figure out how to charge me ala cart for the programming that I actually want to watch. I'm off the week between Christmas and New Year's Day and would gladly pay $5 - $10 to watch a minor bowl game (more for the CFP). I can get along just fine without ESPN (I have been for 30 + years), but it seems like they're missing a great opportunity to sell me their content.

Archived