Brewer Fanatic

WBC

MVP2110
With the announcement that Luc is playing for the USA. It got me thinking, do you think any Brewers will play for any teams? I am looking to make a trip to spring training this year and was wondering what brewers I might miss. Plus it's always fun to watch those games and see some crew members playing

2013 Participants:

Martin Maldonado- Puerto Rico

Ryan Braun- USA

That's just from the big league club. I remember the Brewers had a couple guys on team Canada that were minor league nobody's.

Since we are talking about the 2017 team I mentioned guys that were on the 2013 squad that are still with the Brewers. Throwing them out there as likely participants. They had 14 players in the 2013 tourney and 3 of which were scrubs(one with Canada).

I am sure quite a few will participate, but hard to predict outside of the guys who have done it before. You could speculate any international guys we might have like Villar/Arcia, but who knows.

Another 2013 Participant:

Hiram Burgos

Braun playing makes me nervous. (always the possibly of an injury)

If it's any consolation, good there's a chance he won't be a Brewer by then.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Braun playing makes me nervous. (always the possibly of an injury)

If it's any consolation, good there's a chance he won't be a Brewer by then.

So you think there's a chance but not a good chance? I'd bet at least 50 50, but more of a 60 or 70 percent chance Braun isn't a Brewer next year.

So you think there's a chance but not a good chance? I'd bet at least 50 50, but more of a 60 or 70 percent chance Braun isn't a Brewer next year.

There is a chance, of course. But a really high probability? I doubt it. If there was, he'd already be a Dodger. The deal was basically set. Now, maybe by Winters Meetings the free agent market doesn't open up and they will be willing to ship some talent this way but I wouldn't say there is a high probability. At least in my opinion.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So, we just happened to have a family trip planned to SD when the WBC is happening there. I had signed up for the pre-sale offer and they sent me the code, but you have to buy a strip and the lowest price is around $70 per strip (in nose bleed seats). We really do not have plans to go to more than one or two games (preferably at least one USA game). Not sure what the normal attendance is for these events. Do they sell out? I'm hoping to buy some single game tix on stub hub closer to the time of the event (hopefully better seats at a cheaper price than I would pay for a full strip). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

If there was, he'd already be a Dodger.

The deal was basically set.

How do you know?

How do you know?

If there was, he'd already be a Dodger.

The deal was basically set.

How do you know?

How do you know?

Reports from shortly after the deadline stating that they were a player away from the deal. If it were that simple, he'd be a dodger.

Reports from shortly after the deadline stating that they were a player away from the deal. If it were that simple, he'd be a dodger.

If said player was Jose De Leon then the deal was miles apart. Not only that, but later reports questioned how close it truly was.

It may still be that close. The Dodgers could just be gauging the free agency market right now and if nothing attractive turns up there they will complete the Braun deal.

• 3 weeks later...
Junior Guerra and Hernan Perez are on Team Venezuela (player list), but the players are balking at playing at all if Omar Vizquel is not named manager (not sure, seems to be more pro-Vizquel than anti-Eduardo Perez).

Personally, I just dislike seeing Guerra try to ramp up early.

It's a big deal especially for Latin players, and they do limit the # of innings, but your concerns are not without merit. Hiram Burgos shined in 2013 for Puerto Rico, then broke down physically that year later when Roenicke left him in a game to take a pounding when he was obviously not right.

By the way, that's an awesome collection of talent that Venezuela has. My guess is the get the issue over the manager solved.

Community Moderator
So, we just happened to have a family trip planned to SD when the WBC is happening there. I had signed up for the pre-sale offer and they sent me the code, but you have to buy a strip and the lowest price is around $70 per strip (in nose bleed seats). We really do not have plans to go to more than one or two games (preferably at least one USA game). Not sure what the normal attendance is for these events. Do they sell out? I'm hoping to buy some single game tix on stub hub closer to the time of the event (hopefully better seats at a cheaper price than I would pay for a full strip). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

It wasn't an issue to get tickets to the last one in Miami, although a few of the games (with the DR playing) did have near-sellout crowds. Prices were very reasonable. You'll probably be able to purchase single-game tickets from MLB when it gets closer.

Junior Guerra and Hernan Perez are on Team Venezuela (player list), but the players are balking at playing at all if Omar Vizquel is not named manager (not sure, seems to be more pro-Vizquel than anti-Eduardo Perez).

Personally, I just dislike seeing Guerra try to ramp up early.

Looks like the managerial conflict is resolved.

Archived