Brewer Fanatic

New Uniforms

MVP2110

There used to be a lot of nostalgia to the 1982 team built into the love for the ball and glove logo. I don't think that's the case anymore. People love the logo because it is one of the best logos in sports history. It should never have been abandoned, ESPECIALLY for what immediately followed it.

The current barley M logo is just fine, but that's all it is. Ball and glove is the GOAT and instantly recognizable nationwide. Use the current shades of blue and yellow if you want, but bring the logo back as the primary one for good already.

The straight on picture of the empty dais is what irritates me most about the Brewers not choosing between the ball and glove and the m with barley. The wall backdrop has M with barley while the nameplates have the ball and glove. If the two logos were complimentary of one another then I would probably understand it a little better. But given they represent two totally separate uniform sets, it makes me think of the Brewers as not having a brand identity.

never noticed that, great point. the brewers really need to pick a primary logo and go with it. Retro fridays were fine with the brewers using the barley 95% of the time. Now it seems like its 50/50, or even more ball and glove rather than barley M.

There used to be a lot of nostalgia to the 1982 team built into the love for the ball and glove logo. I don't think that's the case anymore. People love the logo because it is one of the best logos in sports history. It should never have been abandoned, ESPECIALLY for what immediately followed it.

The current barley M logo is just fine, but that's all it is. Ball and glove is the GOAT and instantly recognizable nationwide. Use the current shades of blue and yellow if you want, but bring the logo back as the primary one for good already.

Couldn't agree more. With the way we are using the ball and glove more and more these days, why not just make the switch back to it permanently? If you want to use more of the darker blue and gold as your primary colors, then fine. But, we have one of the most iconic and creative logos in the history of sports, so why wouldn't you want to use that all of the time? Instead of this 50/50 deal now between the old and the new.

Take the damn barley and place it under the ball and glove already and be done with it.

Colors?!?! Use the color combo minus the green that you see in their Miller Park logo below. Use the tan/off white in the baseballs for their home uni's similar to the Giant's home uni's.

http://milwaukeelogisticscouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/miller-park-logo.jpg

It will be a unique color combination of the brick red, brewer blue, barley gold, & frosty mug white. It will differentiate from the Padre's look alike uniforms. And these new colors will give the Brewers their own identity and a remnant feel of the past beer makers. Here's a few pics of past beer logo's and they all have that similiar color combo. Carry those colors over! Red, Gold, Blue and White just screams Milwaukee!!! See below.

http://www.taverntrove.com/beerpics/Kingsbury-Beer-Labels-G-Heileman-Brewing-Co_38963-1.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/M0vwAqS4jF8sDVzHpZQC7GrcigxmW3zXvjzCmQyHlQXwnCo-SkTpt6LxTGHZSWQQePoEpO-HI8rZ7cXOmSyPrksyJeGv=s750

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/e/e2/Miller-Lite.png/revision/latest?cb=20150712103244

http://www.citizengroup.com/uploads/portfolio/590x340/pbr_schlitz_packaging_v01a.jpg

http://d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.net/images/3/0/long-sleeve-shirt-point-beer-embroidered-logo-button-down-royal-blue-men-s-xs-6029519f26a17c9514f908aeda878f6e.jpg

I've always felt that touches of brick red would be a great addition to the color scheme.

As for the multiple logos thing I don't understand why people have an issue with it. I've worked in marketing, I understand brand identity. In fact, I had a discussion with the Director of Marketing at a college I was working at about logos and brand identity in sports. He was very adamant in making sure all of the different sports at the school used the same logo but that never happened. What it really comes down to with sports logos is that when a team has a run of success, that becomes the logo the team is identified by. The Brewers have had basically zero success as a franchise. During the ball and glove logo was when the only little bit of Brewers success happened. The Barley logo will be forgotten quickly after it's been moved on from. Also, it's boring and uninteresting.

I personally like having the two. I think when they are the same color scheme it's not as big of a deal to swap them in and out. I think of the Indians and O's when I think of teams having multiple logos. I'm in the minority it seems, but I welcome multiple uniform options..... minus the gold jerseys! Hate those.

I look forward to the return of a logo I have no recollection of and seems to only be used because the rest of the team history is so crappy that it gives everyone warm, fuzzy feelings every time we use it to bring them back to that one time the Brewers were good.

I think the barley would be too small as stitches on the baseball. It would be very hard to see and look more like a ragball.

The Ball/Glove logo is the logo of the Milwaukee Brewers.

I just googled "Milwaukee Brewer Fans" And I just took the first picture that came up. As you can see, old school beats new school. http://media.jrn.com/images/25921653-mjs_brewerrally_nws_kwg_3_brewerrally.jpg

Matter of fact, look at the rest of the pics that pop up on google. Old School by a far margin. Give the fans what they want. Players too. Add the Brick Red and the Barley underneath the logo and were set.

the cubs haven't changed their logo in forever, before last season nobody was complaining about the team was remembering the good old days of the 50's or oughts.

there is nothing wrong about having a classic logo and being proud of it. it was a shame that the brewers took the most original logo in baseball and got rid of it for a stupid wannabe yankee or met one and a very bland one after that.

end of rant.

the cubs haven't changed their logo in forever, before last season nobody was complaining about the team was remembering the good old days of the 50's or oughts.

The Brewers have a new logo and constantly go back to the old logo from the one time they were good. That's nothing like the Cubs.

I look forward to the return of a logo I have no recollection of and seems to only be used because the rest of the team history is so crappy that it gives everyone warm, fuzzy feelings every time we use it to bring them back to that one time the Brewers were good.

I also have no recollection of the 1982 team, and really don't care much about them.

I do care about one of the best logos in sports, which we had and ditched for an ugly one, and now have just about as generic a logo as possible.

This has nothing to do with nostalgia, and everything to do with a simply great logo.

I am not Shea Vucinich

I've lived through and have vivid memories of all Brewers eras, uniforms, and logos since 1979 (age 11). The ball/glove logo is genius. The M/barley logo is cool, simply understated, and classy.

I look at the ball/glove logo and still feel it's more "then." The M/barley logo to me is still far more "now."

The ball/glove was the logo for 16 years ('78-'93). The M/barley logo has been the primary logo for 17 years ('00-16).

I still strongly dislike the royal/yellow color scheme compared to the navy/gold, which is much more classy to me.

Though I still like the ball/glove, I greatly prefer the M/barley. Of course the ball/glove isn't going away and I strongly hope that any iterations of the ball/glove (as the ongoing 2nd logo) are only in the current navy/gold colors. This navy/yellow thing is just a bad idea.

Part way through this season, I finally caved & bought the new ball/glove cap. I like the navy aspect but still don't care to wear it much because of my dislike of the yellow, and I almost always end up wearing my M/barley cap instead.

I personally like having the two. I think when they are the same color scheme it's not as big of a deal to swap them in and out. I think of the Indians and O's when I think of teams having multiple logos. I'm in the minority it seems, but I welcome multiple uniform options..... minus the gold jerseys! Hate those.

I think we should definitely follow Cleveland's lead when it comes to logos.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived