Brewer Fanatic

Bobblehead Question

swab

Been a long time since I have been on this site - life gets in the way sometimes I guess. Quick question, I recently got married and moved and I have about 10 years worth of bobbles that I recently unpacked. Does anyone have suggestions on how to sell them? Nearly all were only opened once, but were never out of the box. I plan to keep a few of the unique ones, but all in all, I have around 100 to sell (all Brewers).

Any suggestions are appreciated and I apologize in advance if this is a repeat topic. I will do some digging just in case.

Formerly ricoswab

Sadly, Brewers bobbles just aren't worth much. Even the retro versions have taken a recent hit in value. Piecing them out is your best bet, almost no one would buy a full collection unless you are willing to sell them dirt cheap. Even piecing them out might only bring in $5 - $10 each. If you plan to keep the unique ones, or the more desirable ones, you will probably be pretty disappointed in your return.

The current special event bobbles aren't bringing in a lot of cash either. You used to be able to sell them for at least the cost of the ticket, but that just isn't the case any longer. Star Wars Gorman, Protector Lucroy, Ghostbusters Quad, Hank the Dog and Barrel Man Stitch n Pitch barely will get you $20 - $25 in today's overkill bobble market.

If you have 100 to sell, and you can find someone to give you $250 for the lot, you better seriously consider taking them up on it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I think I would do cartwheels if I got $250 for them all. Ha ha. I just noticed the other post regarding values for Brewers and their affiliate bobbles. Are those prices fairly on point if I were to sell individually?
Formerly ricoswab

I think I would do cartwheels if I got $250 for them all. Ha ha. I just noticed the other post regarding values for Brewers and their affiliate bobbles. Are those prices fairly on point if I were to sell individually?

That list really needs an update.

The minor league bobbles hold more value because they are produced in lower numbers. Brewers bobbles are sometimes 40,000+, which makes them really easy to find for cheap.

Over-all, those lists are at least in the ballpark, but some are not completely accurate.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I find the best way to find the true value of something is to look on Ebay and then hit the "sold listings" button on the right to see what recent ones have actually sold for (not what they are listed at).

If you are willing to take $250 for 100 bobbles I would make a list and take some pictures and put that listing here and on Craigslist (assuming you are still in Wisconsin) as I think they would likely move at that price. Make sure you don't have the Blue Molitor, Blue Gorman Thomas etc as those are still holding their values okay. I think selling a 100 piece lot would be difficult on Ebay.

I would also think selling them as a lot would be your best bet. My friend sold about 15ish for $75 in spring. Between eBay fees, Paypal fees, boxing em up, shipping em out. You'll be making like $2-$3 an hour, tops.

I would also consider holding them until next spring when people are excited about baseball again. That will probably help. Many collectors have shifted full force into football by now. I can't speak for everyone, but I won't do much with my collection from September until February the Brewers' On Deck, and then I get anxious about the season, and start buying things.

There's some guy on eBay named Bobblehead Jake, maybe try contacting him. I'm considering it myself as I plan on dumping at least half of my collection this winter as well in hopes I can get enough back to buy one or two high end baseball cards

In case anyone is interested, here is what I have. I had a few others, but a friend took them off my hands yesterday. Yes, there is a Chipper Jones bobble in there too. If I find more as I unpack, I will update the list.

Name Year Quantity

Trevor Hoffman 2009 1

CC Sabathia 2010 1

John Axford 2011 1

Casey McGehee 2011 1

Craig Counsell 2011 1

Zack Greinke 2011 2

Chipper Jones 2012 1

Jonathan Lucroy 2012 2

Yovani Gallardo 2012 1

Nyjer Morgan 2012 2

Italian 2012 1