Brewer Fanatic

Keon Broxton Arrested; Latest: Probation, legally binding not guilty

crossface21

Very stupid, but not too serious. He wasn't behind the wheel and didn't hit a woman, so there should be no lasting impact on his career. Does MLB have a counseling program for this sort of situation?

If the other guy doesn't look worse, Broxton should be cut for not having enough fight in him.

So far all he's done is do the bad thing, I don't see how we can cut him a break until he actually demonstrates that he's learned from the mistake.

Also stupid on a whole 'nother level because he's getting into drunken fights with a broken wrist. Reminds me of when Lucroy punched a wall dropped a suitcase on his hand, or when Scooter punched a wall cut himself in the shower.

Well doesn't seem like a huge deal. Pretty minor all things considered...though incredibly stupid.

Yeah, when I saw the alert on the ESPN app I was like oh crap what did he do and then I looked at it completely and saw what it was for and I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Obviously not ideal but given the things that go through your mind when you hear a player is arrested (domestic violence, drunk driving etc.) this is a big meh from me.

Very stupid, but not too serious. He wasn't behind the wheel and didn't hit a woman, so there should be no lasting impact on his career. Does MLB have a counseling program for this sort of situation?

If the other guy doesn't look worse, Broxton should be cut for not having enough fight in him.

So men are fair game for violence without public outrage?

No but it's much more serious if a man hits a woman than if he hits another man.

Good point. But here's some context on why I'm not going to rip Broxton...

This is a first time incident.

It happened during the offseason.

It seemingly didn't endanger an innocent.

That said, if you want to rip him, I'm fine with that. He does represent the Brewers every day he's under contract with the team. He is recovering from a broken wrist. He did get arrested. He was drunk and fighting. There's plenty there.

"He was booked at 5 a.m. and remained in jail at 8 a.m., held on $500 bond."

I realize his MLB earnings aren't exactly astronomical so far compared to his peers, but c'mon, him or his agent still hadn't come up with 500 bucks 3 hours after his arrest?

"He was booked at 5 a.m. and remained in jail at 8 a.m., held on $500 bond."

I realize his MLB earnings aren't exactly astronomical so far compared to his peers, but c'mon, him or his agent still hadn't come up with 500 bucks 3 hours after his arrest?

It said he was extremely drunk. A lot of times the police just keep you in jail until you're sober enough to leave on your own (if you're only drunk) or wait until you're sober enough to call whoever you need to for money.

No but it's much more serious if a man hits a woman than if he hits another man.

Why? Violence is violence.

I'm just going to end it here because we're going toward forum prohibited area but I hate the whole "He hit a woman!? OMG! He is a despicable human being who should be shamed and never see the light of day. Oh, he hit another man. Meh." attitude.

I did plenty of stupid things as a young man, but never anything remotely like this.

He is 26, not like he's 18/21 or so yr old kid. Still a young man but too old to use age as an excuse. It was just stupid, period, but like you said hopefully he learns from it.

I'm just going to end it here because we're going toward forum prohibited area but I hate the whole "He hit a woman!? OMG! He is a despicable human being who should be shamed and never see the light of day. Oh, he hit another man. Meh." attitude.

1) Nothing there says he hit anyone. Just that he had visible injuries on his face. So who knows if he hit anyone.

2) If you can't comprehend the difference between two men drunkenly swinging at one another and a guy beating the crap out of a woman because he's angry with her, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Very stupid, but not too serious. He wasn't behind the wheel and didn't hit a woman, so there should be no lasting impact on his career.

With the focus on domestic violence, hitting a woman is likely to get a suspension. Drunken guys (aka idiots) going at it are considered more or less even, and probably equally at fault, so unless there is extenuating circumstances there's nothing to get worked up over.

Because a grown man has a much better chance of defending himself against another grown man than a woman does? Why does this need to be explained to you?

Like, literally the first thing my dad told me when I was a kid is you never hit a woman. Whether it's a relative, spouse, girlfriend or just some random woman you met for the first time and that if he ever found out that I did he would beat the crap out of me.

Archived