Brewer Fanatic

40-man roster discussion (part 2)

djoctagone

avisaíl garcía deal is official. it appears that he has one minor league option remaining, but enough service time to refuse the optional assignment.

the roster is at 37 players.

Been meaning to ask this for a while - is your shift key broken? :tongue

I find it hilarious that you have the acute accent over the "i"'s, but no capitalization.

I think Brewmann and him share keyboards.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

deals for eric sogard and justin smoak are official.

sogard has one option remaining, but sufficient service time to refuse the optional assignment.

it's not clear if smoak burned one of his three options in 2012, but regardless, has enough service time to refuse an optional assignment even if he had an option remaining.

for the first time since the conclusion of the 2019 season, the 40-man roster is full.

deals for eric sogard and justin smoak are official.

sogard has one option remaining, but sufficient service time to refuse the optional assignment.

it's not clear if smoak burned one of his three options in 2012, but regardless, has enough service time to refuse an optional assignment even if he had an option remaining.

for the first time since the conclusion of the 2019 season, the 40-man roster is full.

avisaíl garcía deal is official. it appears that he has one minor league option remaining, but enough service time to refuse the optional assignment.

I find it hilarious that you have the acute accent over the "i"'s, but no capitalization.

I’ve asked the same question several times over the years. I’ve never gotten a response.

Has an old school espn2 feel to it.

I’ve asked the same question several times over the years. I’ve never gotten a response.

Has an old school espn2 feel to it.

• 2 weeks later...

jedd gyorko signed to a one-year deal with a club option.

to make room on the 40-man roster, jake faria has been designated for assignment. the club has seven days to trade, release or try to outright faria to the minors.

the 40-man roster remains full.

I'd have to say that Jake Faria goes down as a big swing and a miss as a return for a guy one year removed from being an All Star. He showed nothing.

I love how you phrase this as if that “all star” wasn’t a complete turd a season ago. But yes, Stearns is awful.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'd have to say that Jake Faria goes down as a big swing and a miss as a return for a guy one year removed from being an All Star. He showed nothing.

I love how you phrase this as if that “all star” wasn’t a complete turd a season ago. But yes, Stearns is awful.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This fails to acknowledge that that former All-Star was similarly DFA'd by the acquiring team after 2 months with them....

This fails to acknowledge that that former All-Star was similarly DFA'd by the acquiring team after 2 months with them....

Teams (especially the Rays) don't care if a player they are acquiring is one year removed from being an All Star, they care about their salary & team control relative to their projected future performance weighted against the scarcity of available players at the same position.

Remeber Bryan LaHair, the Cubs first baseman who was an All Star in 2012 then never played in MLB again? That's how much the league values nondescript 1B, even "All Star" ones.

The Rays valued Jesus so highly they waived him.

I'd have to say a waived 1B getting traded for a waived P looks like pretty equal value, the big swing & miss would be trying to portray it otherwise.

Teams (especially the Rays) don't care if a player they are acquiring is one year removed from being an All Star, they care about their salary & team control relative to their projected future performance weighted against the scarcity of available players at the same position.

Remeber Bryan LaHair, the Cubs first baseman who was an All Star in 2012 then never played in MLB again? That's how much the league values nondescript 1B, even "All Star" ones.

The Rays valued Jesus so highly they waived him.

I'd have to say a waived 1B getting traded for a waived P looks like pretty equal value, the big swing & miss would be trying to portray it otherwise.

Not all trades involving sending a polished turd the brewers don't want anymore to a team for their polished turd you think could be hiding a diamond has to result in the brewers unearthing a diamond for Stearns to be a good GM. Sometimes those moves are as simple as balancing out your own 40 man roster, which Jesus most certainly didnt deserve to remain a part of based on performance since about mid july 2018 and the fact he had no more options.

Not all trades involving sending a polished turd the brewers don't want anymore to a team for their polished turd you think could be hiding a diamond has to result in the brewers unearthing a diamond for Stearns to be a good GM. Sometimes those moves are as simple as balancing out your own 40 man roster, which Jesus most certainly didnt deserve to remain a part of based on performance since about mid july 2018 and the fact he had no more options.

How many dingers is Jesus gonna hit for the Rays this year?

You have chosen some odd hills to die on over the years, and this is one of the oddest ones.

How many dingers is Jesus gonna hit for the Rays this year?

You have chosen some odd hills to die on over the years, and this is one of the oddest ones.

Faria has no doubt looked pretty bad the last couple of years and probably had slim to no chance of making the team. Agree with him being the one to DFA and hopefully he clears waivers and the Brewers can send him to the minors.

Faria has no doubt looked pretty bad the last couple of years and probably had slim to no chance of making the team. Agree with him being the one to DFA and hopefully he clears waivers and the Brewers can send him to the minors.