Brewer Fanatic

BF.net Fan Community Top 25 Prospects - 2016 Post-Season Edition

reillymcshane

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=31229

This list is tailored towards dynasty fantasy baseball, but that is tailored towards real world major league values. The BP guys think Highly of several of the Brewers guys that have slipped in other places. Dynasty League values tend to place more emphasis on floors than stratospheric ceilings, so a guy like Dan Vogelbach, who doesn't show up on lists other places, his highly valued here---he's going to be a MLB regular, so he has value, even though he probably won't be a star.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers organization talent moves up one spot from 9th to 8th in Baseball America's Ranking.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2017-organization-talent-rankings-line/#278jJjHGBGLCmeFI.97

JJ CooperVerified account‏@jjcoop36 6m6 minutes ago

More

1) When it comes to the BA org talent rankings, we generally emphasize top prospects (which combine impact+lower risk) over depth.

JJ CooperVerified account‏@jjcoop36 5m5 minutes ago

More

2) That's why an org like the White Sox ranks 4th, when their depth wouldn't compare to the Padres (9th). Depth+top 15 prospects=Braves at 1

JJ CooperVerified account‏@jjcoop36 4m4 minutes ago

More

3) But depth is important too. Phillies (6th) have some close to MLB talent, but what also stands out is depth of future big lgrs in system

Monte Harrison makes me kind of think of Keon Broxton. Not exactly identical skill sets, but both really talented athletic types who for whatever reason could just not seem to put all the pieces together. Keon looks like he finally might be starting to do just that. Maybe Harrison will too.

Does anyone here have a subscription to Baseball Prospectus??

They posted their organization rankings but only the bottom 4 clubs are for free (KC 27, Ariz 28, LAA 29, and Miami 30).

Obviously I am curious about the rest (1 thru 26) but Milwaukee, Cinci & Cleveland in particular.

Anything someone else could post would be appreciated.

They posted their organization rankings but only the bottom 4 clubs are for free (KC 27, Ariz 28, LAA 29, and Miami 30).

Obviously I am curious about the rest (1 thru 26) but Milwaukee, Cinci & Cleveland in particular.

Don't have a subscription, but I was told the Brewers are #3 on their list.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Sorry, but we have to respect the whole "subscription" aspect of other sites, and not circumvent that with the entire list here.

I realize there is going to be dissenting opinions on over 4500 minor league players, but I find these things interesting anyway. Take Supak's report:

...there should be more velocity to come as he continues to add strength to his projectable frame....

.... The command is promising for a 6-foot-5 20-year old, but there’s very little projection left on the body, if any, ....

Brewers check in only 20th on MiLB.com’s rankings of prospects 21 and younger.

The Brewers lack of high profile or successful lower profile International Signings outside of Lara and an inability to successfully draft and develop high school talents still seems like a gaping hole that needs to be addressed. Obviously there is enough raw talent (and probably more depth than is credited) within the parameters of these rankings for the Brewers to end up with more value than quite a few teams ahead of them on this list, but…

Brewers check in only 20th on MiLB.com’s rankings of prospects 21 and younger.

The Brewers lack of high profile or successful lower profile International Signings outside of Lara and an inability to successfully draft and develop high school talents still seems like a gaping hole that needs to be addressed. Obviously there is enough raw talent (and probably more depth than is credited) within the parameters of these rankings for the Brewers to end up with more value than quite a few teams ahead of them on this list, but…

It is this "weakness" in the farm system that still needs to be addressed in the rebuild. While the overall farm system is greatly improved, it is top-heavy. Once the club starts having success on the major league level, the drafts will be impacted by lower picks and less of a signing bonus pool.

Now is the time where DS and company can keep rebuilding, lay a solid foundation and more importantly, start getting the talent to help the big league coming in waves.

While the overall farm system is greatly improved, it is top-heavy.

I disagree. I think it's the opposite actually. I think we have a lot of depth but lack the elite top level guys, especially pitchers. We have a lot of top 100 guys but only one, maybe two, in the top 30 or so.

We get a top ten pick this year and probably next year. Hopefully we can draft two elite talents. We still have a glaring hole in top of the rotation pitching and could still use a big bopper a.l.a. Fielder Braun or even Laporta, but are pretty much out of assets that we can trade that will bring major returns.

Overall, we have to draft better. Clark and Ray still have a good chance to succeed but look at our first round picks from 2009-2014. Yikes.

Given the low projectability of high schoolers and teenagers I'm not at all worried about this ranking. The odds of a 10th ranked teams young prospects outperforming the 20th ranked teams' prospects are most likely very negligible. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see this list's results being completely scattered in terms of predictive success rate. In other words a total crapshoot that far away from the majors.

Where I want to be is at the top of the list of teams accounting for prospects in AA and AAA.

Fangraphs Top 100 is out.

16 Lewis Brinson MIL CF 22 60

20 Corey Ray MIL OF 22 60

57 Luis Ortiz MIL RHP 21 55

58 Isan Diaz MIL 2B 20 55

59 Josh Hader MIL LHP 22 55

80 Brandon Woodruff MIL RHP 23 50

84 Lucas Erceg MIL 3B 21 50

Pittsburgh placed 6

5 Austin Meadows PIT OF 21 65

26 Tyler Glasnow PIT RHP 23 55

46 Mitch Keller PIT RHP 20 55

50 Josh Bell PIT 1B 24 55

83 Kevin Newman PIT SS 23 50

99 Ke’Bryan Hayes PIT 3B 19 50

St. Louis placed 4

6 Alex Reyes StL RHP 22 65

33 Delvin Perez StL SS 18 55

53 Sandy Alcantara StL RHP 21 55

81 Carson Kelly StL C 22 50

Cincinnati placed 3

30 Nick Senzel CIN 3B 21 55

65 Amir Garrett CIN LHP 24 55

100 Jesse Winker CIN OF 23 50

Cubs placed 2

15 Eloy Jimenez CHC OF 20 60

51 Ian Happ CHC 2B 22 55

I think Erceg is going to be jumping a lot of people this upcoming season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Fangraphs Top 100 is out.

16 Lewis Brinson MIL CF 22 60

20 Corey Ray MIL OF 22 60

57 Luis Ortiz MIL RHP 21 55

58 Isan Diaz MIL 2B 20 55

59 Josh Hader MIL LHP 22 55

80 Brandon Woodruff MIL RHP 23 50

84 Lucas Erceg MIL 3B 21 50

One nice thing is seeing the spread of players throughout the system - A ball all the way to AAA. That kind of steady line of prospects is what we need to thrive.

I think Erceg is going to be jumping a lot of people this upcoming season.

I'm thinking that he and Diaz will both be top-30 when we have this discussion next offseason...

Wishful thinking? Yes...but damn, the potential is there!

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Archived