Brewer Fanatic

2016 World Series: Cubs vs. Indians (Cubs win Series, 4-3)

1992casey
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cubs fans can finally go from being "long suffering" to "insufferable" just like Red Sox fans.

So everyone else can join our bandwagon. I mean, in my mind they've been insufferable for a while.

I feel for the Cleveland fans who actually hung on to their tickets and had to sit through a CHC celebration. We know too well what it's like to feel like the minority in our home park.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I was basically indifferent to this World Series...I do have many friends and family who are Cubs fans, so I am happy for them this morning.

Now hopefully someday I'll get to see the Brewers in a World Series. If the Cubs can win a championship after 108 years, I guess nothing is impossible.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Cubs fans can finally go from being "long suffering" to "insufferable" just like Red Sox fans.

This. Only upside is now the Cubs are no longer special. They are now just a big market team with lots of money and loud, annoying bandwagon fans.

Also I now no longer have to hear people my age claim they are long suffering because they hadn't won a World Series in 100+ years. You don't get credit for suffering the years you did not exist.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Community Moderator

It was bound to happen eventually and it happened in the best way possible. The Cubs are a very likable team this year.

MLB picked up thousands of new fans in the last week. There were several people in my circle of friends who are not baseball fans that watched last night and were excited to recap the game. You couldn't script a better outcome.

Like others said, it also makes it much easier to hate the Cubs going forward. They can't be the "lovable losers" anymore.

It was bound to happen eventually and it happened in the best way possible. The Cubs are a very likable team this year.

MLB picked up thousands of new fans in the last week. There were several people in my circle of friends who are not baseball fans that watched last night and were excited to recap the game. You couldn't script a better outcome.

Like others said, it also makes it much easier to hate the Cubs going forward. They can't be the "lovable losers" anymore.

Oh I think the Cubs losing would have been a much much better script and it isn't even close. We would get to see all of this play out again next year as they should be in heavy contention. Also the Indians are actually a better team as they played the Cubs this close while missing 3 of their top 5 players so a rematch is very plausible. This outcome is good for baseball but the Cubs losing would have been even better as long as they eventually did win.

Am I just remembering it in a poor light because it was our manager, or was Ron Roenicke completely in over his head managing us in the playoffs? After seeing the constant strategy not only in the WS but throughout the playoffs, when everything is different and every decision made to gain every possible means possible to continue to survive, it feels now like TLR managed circles around Roenicke in the NLCS.

Am I just remembering it in a poor light because it was our manager, or was Ron Roenicke completely in over his head managing us in the playoffs? After seeing the constant strategy not only in the WS but throughout the playoffs, when everything is different and every decision made to gain every possible means possible to continue to survive, it feels now like TLR managed circles around Roenicke in the NLCS.

Ron was in over his head from the moment he was hired. Probably why he's received very little managerial interest since he was fired.

I feel sorry for the people of Cleveland. Their team makes it to the WS and a disproportionate number of opposing fans are able to obtain tickets. I hope the Brewers never play the Cubs in the post-season. The crowd at MP would get ugly real quick causing me to avoid trying to even attend.

Archived