Brewer Fanatic

2016 World Series: Cubs vs. Indians (Cubs win Series, 4-3)

1992casey

Chisenhall is a place holder for another year or two.

Bradley Zimmer and Greg Allen (thankfully not dealt as part of Lucroy package) will take over CF and RF. Brantley returns for LF. Naquin is a 4th OF (your seeing his warts now).

Yandy Diaz might force himself into OF picture in 2017..

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gut feeling. Cubs finally get to Kluber a bit tonight. Score 3 runs early and Indians never match it. Hate it. Cannot stand it one bit to have to see them celebrate a World Series tonight. Makes my stomach turn.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Community Moderator
Gut feeling. Cubs finally get to Kluber a bit tonight. Score 3 runs early and Indians never match it. Hate it. Cannot stand it one bit to have to see them celebrate a World Series tonight. Makes my stomach turn.

The Cubs have played well under pressure and this is the ultimate pressure game. I agree that the Cubs will get ahead, but the Indians will fight back. Would love to see Chapman pitching with the winning runs on base. That would be as good as 2001 or maybe even better.

Hendricks hasn't made a road start since late september. While still good, hendricks' 2.95 era in road starts was about 1.5 runs higher than his home era. Still can't believe chapman was used last night, because the cubs are going to need the pen before the 5th as long as the home plate ump doesn't have a pitcher friendly zone.

Cleveland gets to hendricks tonight and the cubs get into their pen early...Wouldn't be surprised to see lackey in super early if hendricks isnt effective. Meanwhile Kluber gives them 6 solid innings before miller and Allen get the rest and give the Indians the title.

Lineups, Cubs vs. Indians, Game 7:

Cubs

1. CF Dexter Fowler (S)
  2. DH Kyle Schwarber (L)
  3. 3B Kris Bryant ®
  4. 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)
  5. LF Ben Zobrist (S)
  6. SS Addison Russell ®
  7. C Willson Contreras ®
  8. RF Jason Heyward (L)
  9. 2B Javier Baez ®

Indians

1. DH Carlos Santana (S)
  2. 2B Jason Kipnis (L)
  3. SS Francisco Lindor (S)
  4. 1B Mike Napoli ®
  5. 3B José Ramírez (S)
  6. RF Lonnie Chisenhall (L)
  7. CF Rajai Davis ®
  8. LF Coco Crisp (S)
  9. C Roberto Pérez ®

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

On replays, Buck keeps saying "clear and concise" evidence. The Brewer's announcers say "clear and convincing." "Clear and concise" makes no sense while "clear and convincing" does. Plus, "clear and convincing" is a legal standard that falls between "preponderance of evidence" and "beyond a reasonable doubt."

He's getting it right now and is saying "clear and convincing." Someone must have sent him a memo.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Indians are a joke. That scrub team has finally hit the wall.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think this series goes a lot differently if they have Carrasco and Salazar. I'm amazed they actually made it to the World Series without them considering their only good SP is Kluber right now.

The only bright side to the Cubs winning is no more of the tortured fan base garbage from the media. I didn't see the Brewers win a playoff game until I was 21 and have only seen 6 total. Don't want to hear how tortured another fan base is.

I think this series goes a lot differently if they have Carrasco and Salazar. I'm amazed they actually made it to the World Series without them considering their only good SP is Kluber right now.

The only bright side to the Cubs winning is no more of the tortured fan base garbage from the media. I didn't see the Brewers win a playoff game until I was 21 and have only seen 6 total. Don't want to hear how tortured another fan base is.

I was talking about this with my friend tonight. On the pregame they said something like, I bet you weren't alive the last time either one of these teams won a World Series.....

My son went to Ohio State and is rooting for the Indians mostly so he won't have to listen to his friends from Cleveland whine anymore.

Archived