Brewer Fanatic

2016 World Series: Cubs vs. Indians (Cubs win Series, 4-3)

1992casey
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow FOX sucks!!! How many pitches are we going to miss in this series? I recall at least two pitches to start an inning missed because of commercials, 1 because they were to busy filming Maddon in the dugout, and now one showing depressed fans in the stands. I am probably missing a lot more too that I can't think of. What a joke.

On replays, Buck keeps saying "clear and concise" evidence. The Brewer's announcers say "clear and convincing." "Clear and concise" makes no sense while "clear and convincing" does. Plus, "clear and convincing" is a legal standard that falls between "preponderance of evidence" and "beyond a reasonable doubt."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

On replays, Buck keeps saying "clear and concise" evidence. The Brewer's announcers say "clear and convincing." "Clear and concise" makes no sense while "clear and convincing" does. Plus, "clear and convincing" is a legal standard that falls between "preponderance of evidence" and "beyond a reasonable doubt."

It's Joe Buck. What do you expect?

What is the point of running Miller into the ground? There's no reason for him to throw 2 innings with a 6 run lead. And it's not like they have a day off before the next game.

It's more about pitches than innings. He threw only seven pitches in the first inning of tonight's game. His pitch count tonight for two innings was something like 25 pitches. Easy to do that in one inning and then come back the next night.

What is the point of running Miller into the ground? There's no reason for him to throw 2 innings with a 6 run lead. And it's not like they have a day off before the next game.

It's more about pitches than innings. He threw only seven pitches in the first inning of tonight's game. His pitch count tonight for two innings was something like 25 pitches. Easy to do that in one inning and then come back the next night.

He just threw 1.1 innings and 17 pitches last night. That's 3 days in a row if he pitches tomorrow (which I'm sure he will). That second inning was just pointless with a 6 run lead. I guess win today and worry about tomorrow but tomorrow's game will probably be closer than today's.

If the series needs to go back to cleveland, theres an off day for travel...miller has shown no signs of being too fatigued to be effective pitching a third game in a row if needed tonight.

It's the world series and they rode him to get to this point. ..no use stopping now, and their closer didn't pitch last night, so he could probably go more than 1 inning if necessary tonight.

It's the Kluber/Miller duo that is killing the Cubs. If and probably when the Indians win the World Series those two should be co-MVPs. I knew going into the series the Cubs ticket was figuring out how to hit Kluber(cause hitting Miller doesn't happen). They haven't done that twice now. For that reason they are on the brink of a series loss.

Lineups, Indians vs. Cubs, Game 5:

Indians

1. CF Rajai Davis ®
  2. 2B Jason Kipnis (L)
  3. SS Francisco Lindor (S)
  4. 1B Mike Napoli ®
  5. LF Carlos Santana (S)
  6. 3B José Ramírez (S)
  7. RF Brandon Guyer ®
  8. C Roberto Pérez ®
  9. RHP Trevor Bauer ®

Cubs

1. CF Dexter Fowler (S)
  2. 3B Kris Bryant ®
  3. 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)
  4. LF Ben Zobrist (S)
  5. SS Addison Russell ®
  6. RF Jason Heyward (L)
  7. 2B Javier Báez ®
  8. C David Ross ®
  9. LHP Jon Lester (L)

Lineups, Cubs vs. Indians, Game 6:

Cubs

1. CF Dexter Fowler (S)
  2. DH Kyle Schwarber (L)
  3. 3B Kris Bryant ®
  4. 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)
  5. LF Ben Zobrist (S)
  6. SS Addison Russell ®
  7. C Willson Contreras ®
  8. RF Jason Heyward (L)
  9. 2B Javier Báez ®

Indians

1. DH Carlos Santana (S)
  2. 2B Jason Kipnis (L)
  3. SS Francisco Lindor (S)
  4. 1B Mike Napoli ®
  5. 3B José Ramírez (S)
  6. RF Lonnie Chisenhall (L)
  7. LF Coco Crisp (S)
  8. CF Tyler Naquin (L)
  9. C Roberto Pérez ®

People keep referencing Tomlin and Kluber on short rest.

Can't understand why they don't look at number of pitches thrown by either guy this month.

Yes, both guys going on one less day of rest but the pitch counts were real low (GM 1 for Kluber at 88 was the most, Tomlin didn't crack 60 pitches in his outing game 3).

I would think its a wash. Game 6 should be very good. If there is game 7 Kluber is ready. Hendricks was knocked around by the Tribe.

#RollTribe

Cleveland chokes. Cleveland chokes. Nice job by those two idiots in the outfield.

I have yet to understand the appeal of Lonnie Chisenhall. Career OPS+ of less than 100 and he looks like Carlos Lee on defense. I guess he had that one semi-good year in 2014, and he's likely starting because of Brantley's injury but wow, I think the Brewers might have 6 or 7 OF's better than him. I think Brandon Guyer is better although stats seem to show that Guyer can only hit LHP's

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Archived