Brewer Fanatic

Most Humiliating Way Cubs Could Lose World Series

homer
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel weird because I wanted the Cubs to lose, but I really don't dislike their players. When they had their good run a decade ago, I didn't like the players, but the current guys are ok by me. Also, I'll admit that the "Go Cubs Go" song is pretty darn catchy.

Some of the players made an appearance on SNL last night - pretty good.

Ugh, I said nice things about the Cubs.

I agree with you in general but that go Cubs go song is not catchy at all, it is just an awful song. Roll out the Barrel is catchy even if it is dumb. Go Cubs Go is just dull and lifeless. Same thing with the Red Sox song that is so popular, it is just an awful piece of music.

"Roll Out the Barrel" is more fun, but it's not specifically a Brewers song.

[cite]The Beer Barrel Polka[/cite] (Roll out the Barrel) is a great fit, though. Organs are the instrument of choice at baseball parks, and polkas are routinely played on them. And if there were such a thing as a "state dance," the polka would be Wisconsin's. Add in the fact that the song itself fits in so well with "Brewers," and you have a winner.

It's not such a great fit at Lambeau Field, though, unless they've changed the presentation since last year. Lambeau has a strange recorded version that completely changes the rhythm and makes it so it's not a polka at all. "Awkward" seems to be the best way to describe it.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

And if there were such a thing as a "state dance," the polka would be Wisconsin's.

Sorry to be That Guy, but my job all but requires me to notify you that the polka is already Wisconsin's state dance, officially deemed as such in 1993.

Link to all of Wisconsin's state symbols, from your state historical society

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived