Brewer Fanatic

Most Humiliating Way Cubs Could Lose World Series

homer
Ok, they won. [sarcasm]So we need some sort of scandal and disqualification to happen, right? ;)[/sarcasm]

Yes, that was quite a game 7 despite the outcome. Back and forth the whole game with the Indians threatening right to the end...

Now instead of lovable losers they can just be the team everyone hates.

Yep. Didn't take long for the Red Sox to go from cursed to cursed at.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so none of my wishes have come true yet...but what if during the Cubs victory parade, Tommy Lastella gets into a shoving match with Theo?

Would that provide adequate humiliation?

Nah, probably not.

My hope is that people will stop caring about the stupid cubs now. just like they did with the Red sox. so I never have to hear fireworks go off at 1:30 in the morning in GEORGIA for the freaking cubs again. i'm just sure those people were cubs fans before last week...

I know someone who has been posting non stop and I am sure there are the hugest fan you can find. You know how? Because one day she asked me who may favorite team was and if it was the Wisconsin team, the Wisconsin Badgers.

Yup, can't make that up. Real baseball fan right there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I hope Steve Bartman gets invited to the dais after the victory parade and tells everyone to go fornicate themselves. That would make me feel pretty good.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I hope Steve Bartman gets invited to the dais after the victory parade and tells everyone to go fornicate themselves. That would make me feel pretty good.

Absolutely!

Occasionally I hear people say all is forgiven with Bartman now, forgetting the part where his life was ruined by Cubs fans. What happened to him was criminal. The mob mentality destroyed him.

I'd like him to emerge from his new life and give everyone the finger while they look back in slack jawed confusion.

Absolutely!

Occasionally I hear people say all is forgiven with Bartman now, forgetting the part where his life was ruined by Cubs fans. What happened to him was criminal. The mob mentality destroyed him.

I'd like him to emerge from his new life and give everyone the finger while they look back in slack jawed confusion.

Yeah I saw so many article/letters/etc from people apologizing to Bartman over the last couple of months it made me sick. So it took a good Cubs team for you to grow up enough to apologize? Morons

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Now only 3 teams have a longer championship drought than the Brewers: Cleveland, Texas and Houston.

Question I have is, if the Brewers don't win a championship until well into the late 21st century and even into the 22nd, will there be stories, etc. about how THEY'VE gone 100+ years without a title?

I suppose it would all depend on how many (if any) "heart-breaking" losses they have over that span, eh?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Now only 3 teams have a longer championship drought than the Brewers: Cleveland, Texas and Houston.

Question I have is, if the Brewers don't win a championship until well into the late 21st century and even into the 22nd, will there be stories, etc. about how THEY'VE gone 100+ years without a title?

I suppose it would all depend on how many (if any) "heart-breaking" losses they have over that span, eh?

Nope. Nobody will really care outside of WI and major baseball fans. That's the problem with baseball, in my opinion. There are very few storylines that grab the whole country. Interest level is so regional. Yankees and Cubs and Red Sox can grab the national audience, but not much beyond that (maybe LA?). I was thinking about all of this the other day, about how there could be a lot of cool stories about Brewers fans waiting a long time for a World Series, but nobody will really care.

I'm happy for the real Cubs fans. The ones that are not just putting on a show, about how big of a fan they are. I am bummed though that this story is gone from baseball history.

We attended the town hall "Inside The Brewers" event last night. On the drive to Milwaukee, I pondered how much it would suck if a group of cub fans showed up just to be all WOOOO CUBBIEEEEEES CHAMPPPPPPS - but I dismissed it as the kind of irrational worry that's not worth spending brain cells on.

Then a guy turns up in the fan question line in a cubs cap and jacket. He said he's a Brewers SSH and had a legit question about the Brewers. But COME ON.

That's why a lot of us don't like that fanbase. Well, one reason why.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I won't be a story until it's more unique. 8 of the 14 expansion teams haven't won a championship. And 6 of those were 60's/70's expansion teams.

I won't be a story until it's more unique. 8 of the 14 expansion teams haven't won a championship. And 6 of those were 60's/70's expansion teams.

What's also notable is that only two expansion teams — the Mets and the Royals — have appeared in more than two World Series.

Here's how the expansion teams have fared in the Series, ordered by their first appearance in the Fall Classic.

[pre][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space][space][/space]First First Most Recent Most Recent

Team (appearances) W-L Appearance Win Appearance Win

Mets (5) 2-3 1969 1969 2015 1986

Royals (4) 2-2 1980 1985 2015 2015

Pilots / Brewers (1) 0-1 1982 .. 1982 ..

Padres (2) 0-2 1984 .. 1998 ..

Blue Jays (2) 2-0 1992 1992 1993 1993

Marlins (2) 2-0 1997 1997 2003 2003

Diamondbacks (1) 1-0 2001 2001 2001 2001

Angels (1) 1-0 2002 2002 2002 2002

Colt .45s / Astros (1) 0-1 2005 .. 2005 ..

Rockies (1) 0-1 2007 .. 2007 ..

Devil Rays / Rays (1) 0-1 2008 .. 2008 ..

Senators / Rangers (2) 0-2 2010 .. 2011 ..

Expos / Nationals (0) 0-0 .. .. .. ..

Mariners (0) 0-0 .. .. .. ..[/pre]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Too much "Broseph" cub fan, too much "cute in a shirsey, couldn't name a player" cub fan. Also, I wanted to live my entire life without ever seeing the cubs or vikings be world champs. It is a dark day indeed.

I was downtown this morning and at least 90% of the people I saw in Cubs gear fit this description (when you said "cute in a shirsey" you left out "and black leggings"). Yeah, like they know what this championship drought was about.

Hey, if the Brewers win a World Series in the next 70 years it will be a shorter streak than the Cubs. And for almost half of those 108 years, there were only 8 teams in the NL and 16 in MLB. Think about that.

And for almost half of those 108 years, there were only 8 teams in the NL and 16 in MLB. Think about that.

And in a vast majority of those years only 1 team went to the playoffs/world series in the NL or a 1/8th chance. Now 5 teams out of 15 make the playoffs (1/3rd). They have to make it through 2 series (and a playoff game if WC), but I think if you look at the numbers it was probably easier during the Brewers existence to make it to the World series than during the one team wins it all period..

Hey, if the Brewers win a World Series in the next 70 years it will be a shorter streak than the Cubs.

always the eternal optimist... I would put my money against the Brewers winning one in 70 years, but I'm just a bandwagon fan.

As much as I enjoy ripping the Cubs franchise and their fans, that was quite a turnout today in Chicago. Reportedly the largest crowd ever assembled in the US.

Impressive.

7th largest gathering of humans in recorded history. I had a pretty nice view of the parade from our office downtown.

Cubs- give the morons credit for......

Winning it all

Having a dedicated core fan base who are passionate, travel well, are vocal, pay big bucks for tickets, etc.

Cubs- morons get no credit for.....

Historic underachieving Big market - INCOMPARABLE to small markets who can't buy players or overcome FA mistakes with money ( so impressed with KC run in 2014/2015)

Obnoxious blowhards and braggart front runners---- Cardinal fans, Sox fans, Brewers fans know this fact

Breaking the "curse".....no, no, they were just that much of a big market underachiever. The curse was an excuse that blowhards give.

I feel weird because I wanted the Cubs to lose, but I really don't dislike their players. When they had their good run a decade ago, I didn't like the players, but the current guys are ok by me. Also, I'll admit that the "Go Cubs Go" song is pretty darn catchy.

Some of the players made an appearance on SNL last night - pretty good.

Ugh, I said nice things about the Cubs.

I feel weird because I wanted the Cubs to lose, but I really don't dislike their players. When they had their good run a decade ago, I didn't like the players, but the current guys are ok by me. Also, I'll admit that the "Go Cubs Go" song is pretty darn catchy.

I agree with you in general but that go Cubs go song is not catchy at all, it is just an awful song. Roll out the Barrel is catchy even if it is dumb. Go Cubs Go is just dull and lifeless. Same thing with the Red Sox song that is so popular, it is just an awful piece of music.

I agree with that. I hated that last group of Cubs but have had no problem with this group. I have always chalked it up to the Brewers not being good right now, so I'm not upset when we lose to them. Ten years ago, we were up and coming and I wanted to always beat them so bad. I kind of have a feeling that will happen again in a handful of years. We will be up and coming hopefully, and they will be at their peak, or coming down from it. My hate may grow again!

Archived