Brewer Fanatic

Most Humiliating Way Cubs Could Lose World Series

homer
I'll take the long game humiliation…

If they win tonight, how about not winning again for another 108 years, which would be 2124?

That is almost hard to wrap my head around. When you say 1908 it doesn't sound that long ago...but 2124? I mean...wow.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they win tonight, how about not winning again for another 108 years, which would be 2124?

I've had a "Congrats, see you in 2124" tweet composed in my head all month. Tonight could be the night. Or maybe not.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I've had a "Congrats, see you in 2124" tweet composed in my head all month. Tonight could be the night. Or maybe not.

That's brilliant.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Unfortunately, by winning games 5 & 6, the Cubs have closed off most of the paths to humiliation. Unless there is a mental meltdown by a Cubs player, a loss at this point won't be humiliating.

Yeah it would have been much better had the Cubs gone up 3 - 1 and then lost in 7. There's ample room for humiliation though...Cubs fanbase is pretty confident going into this one.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

We got em right where we want em.

This would qualify....

I hate the Cubs. More than that, I hate the fair-weather Cubs fans I know. They never watched or listened to games until the last 36 months. In fairness, 2 of my favorite ex-Fall Leaguers were the key Cubs--Zobrist and Montero.

It didn't end the way I wanted, but that was a terrific game. Maddon's misuse of Hendricks and Chapman, the Ross HR, the 2-run Wild Pitch, the Rajai Davis HR, the short rain delay to let all of it marinate for awhile. And then the game ending with a middle reliever facing an end of the bench guy.

I have lived through the chesty times of the mid 80s Bears teams and the Jordan Bulls teams, and I know that Chicago fans are going to get pretty insufferable really soon. But the Cubs are the best team and a deserving champion. Let them enjoy it.

I hate the Cubs. More than that, I hate the fair-weather Cubs fans I know. They never watched or listened to games until the last 36 months. In fairness, 2 of my favorite ex-Fall Leaguers were the key Cubs--Zobrist and Montero.

I didn't know that half of my Facebook friends were Cubs fans, most of whom have never posted anything about baseball before, but they've been filling my feed with Go Cubs crap the last few days. I really didn't care who won the series until I kept seeing stuff like that and my one annoying Cubs fan friend who got into a comment war on a post and pulled the stupid "oh ya, what time are the Brewers playing tonight?" line.

At least this series made me hate people for important reasons like sports for a little while instead of politics.

I kept thinking throughout the series about the Indians and the almost trade with the Brewers for Luc. A good hitting catcher would have been really nice behind the dish in that series and it again came up last night when Yan Gomez's throw skipped into the outfield as Heyward cruised into third.

I know you can't say history would have happened the same exact way with the Indians making it with Luc and stuff but I'm sure it would have been nice to have that sport completely figured out for two years instead of not promising he gets his spot back when YAN GOMES returns from injury.

I also thought about it with the Indians and their outfield pieces. I always thought before the deadline Braun and Luc make so much sense for that organization right now, two big bats playing at positions of need in that lineup. Turns out those two positions may have been two of the biggest to hurt them in this series with defensive and offensive blunders.

Ok, they won. [sarcasm]So we need some sort of scandal and disqualification to happen, right? ;)[/sarcasm]

Yes, that was quite a game 7 despite the outcome. Back and forth the whole game with the Indians threatening right to the end...

Ok, they won. [sarcasm]So we need some sort of scandal and disqualification to happen, right? ;)[/sarcasm]

Yes, that was quite a game 7 despite the outcome. Back and forth the whole game with the Indians threatening right to the end...

Now instead of lovable losers they can just be the team everyone hates.

Archived