Brewer Fanatic

Most Humiliating Way Cubs Could Lose World Series

homer
I know it was just a funny thing going around for a little bit but the idea that Uecker should call the World Series in place of Joe Buck would have been the saddest turn of events in Brewer history. Cubs make the WS for the first time in something like 2000 years and our own broadcast legend calls it for them. That would have been the most humiliating thing for the Brewers in Cubs history hands down.

I'm pretty sure Uecker used to regularly do the World Series so I don't really the issue there. It's not like he's doing it for the Cubs he's doing it for national television..

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it was just a funny thing going around for a little bit but the idea that Uecker should call the World Series in place of Joe Buck would have been the saddest turn of events in Brewer history. Cubs make the WS for the first time in something like 2000 years and our own broadcast legend calls it for them. That would have been the most humiliating thing for the Brewers in Cubs history hands down.

I'm pretty sure Uecker used to regularly do the World Series so I don't really the issue there. It's not like he's doing it for the Cubs he's doing it for national television..

Knowing Cub fans, if Fox made that switch to appease them (they're the ones who hate Buck) and they went on to lose the World Series, they'd blame Uecker for the loss.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

The real point I was trying to make was that he's work for the Brewers for a very long time, the Cubs all of a sudden make the World Series, and our own Bob Uecker calls it for them. Maybe I should have spelled that out a little more but I thought my point was a given.

The real point I was trying to make was that he's work for the Brewers for a very long time, the Cubs all of a sudden make the World Series, and our own Bob Uecker calls it for them. Maybe I should have spelled that out a little more but I thought my point was a given.

Wouldn't that be awesome though if he called the games and the Cubs eventually lose the series?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
4 game sweep. All shutouts.

It was a good idea anyway.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

How about something involving fan interference at Wrigley?

But not just any fan.

Game 7, bottom of the 9th, 2 out. Fly ball towards the LF stands. Zobrist over to catch it, reaches up, fan reaches out and knocks it away. Zobrist and the Cubs furious. Game goes on. Grounder to Russell at SS... and he boots it. Cubs don't get another out.

So who is this mystery fan who - questionably - interferes with a ball right at the edge of the stands?

Turns out his name is...

... honest to God...

Taint McFadden. Who goes on to become a legend in the city of Cleveland, but disappears shortly after and is never heard from again.

(Homer just bought plane tickets to Cleveland for game 7.)

My personal choice would have been the 4-0 series loss, all perfect games for Cleveland pitchers, with each one getting more strikeouts than Kerry Wood's 20, and golden sombreros for Rizzo, Schwarber, Baez and Bryant. Thanks, Indians, for killing my fantasy!

Well, "the cubs losing the series after doing absolutely NOTHING at home for three straight games" is looking pretty good right now.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Blowing this lead right now. Cubs fans have to be all excited they're going to force a game 7. Losing this lead with just crush them.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I'll take the long game humiliation, the Cubs win tonight, the fanbase rejoices. Theo decides his job is done here and walks away. They bring in someone even "smarter" who systematically destroys the team. Instead of years of domination, they try to be too smart, and are one and done. Floundering back into mediocrity. We read article after article over the next decade about what could have been.

I guess I should state that I think the Cubs are the best team this year, they deserve to win the Series, and while I can't stand the fanbase...these guys are pretty much too young and talented to hate. They're fun to watch, regardless of the uniform.

I'll take the long game humiliation…

If they win tonight, how about not winning again for another 108 years, which would be 2124?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived