Brewer Fanatic

2016 Championship Series: Blue Jays vs. Indians [CLE wins series 4-1], Dodgers vs. Cubs [CHI wins series 4-2]

1992casey
Pitching to Russell the first time was gutsy. However after he nearly hits it out the first time you don't pitch to him the next time with the pitcher on deck. Easily the most idiotic managerial decision I have seen in a very long time. That is not only the kind of decision that puts you down another two runs, but one that swings momentum. Whoops.

Yea, Roberts has made a few questionable decisions, but they live to fight another day, so I am hoping they can win 2 of the next 3.

Lineups, Cubs vs. Dodgers, Game 5:

Cubs

1. CF Dexter Fowler (S)
  2. 3B Kris Bryant ®
  3. 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)
  4. LF Ben Zobrist (S)
  5. 2B Javier Báez ®
  6. RF Jason Heyward (L)
  7. SS Addison Russell ®
  8. C David Ross ®
  9. LHP Jon Lester (L)

Dodgers

1. 2B Enrique Hernández ®
  2. 3B Justin Turner ®
  3. SS Corey Seager (L)
  4. C Carlos Ruiz ®
  5. LF Howie Kendrick ®
  6. 1B Adrian González (L)
  7. RF Yasiel Puig ®
  8. CF Joc Pederson (L)
  9. RHP Kenta Maeda ®

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Lineups, Dodgers vs. Cubs, Game 6:

Dodgers

1. LF Andrew Toles (L)
  2. SS Corey Seager (L)
  3. 3B Justin Turner ®
  4. 1B Adrian González (L)
  5. RF Josh Reddick (L)
  6. CF Joc Pederson (L)
  7. C Yasmani Grandal (S)
  8. 2B Chase Utley (L)
  9. LHP Clayton Kershaw (L)

Cubs

1. CF Dexter Fowler (S)
  2. 3B Kris Bryant ®
  3. 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)
  4. LF Ben Zobrist (S)
  5. 2B Javier Báez ®
  6. C Willson Contreras ®
  7. SS Addison Russell ®
  8. RF Albert Almora ®
  9. RHP Kyle Hendricks ®

I have to say that I'm happy for the Cubs fans. Not so much the bandwagoners, but there are lots of die hard older fans that don't have much time left- the fact that they finally get to experience a Cubs World Series in their lifetimes is pretty cool if you ask me.

Just curious, what is Theo responsible for here versus what was in place when he took over. I have nothing to back this up but my initial thought was he's getting too much credit. I just don't remember what he's done compared to the previous GM.

Just curious, what is Theo responsible for here versus what was in place when he took over. I have nothing to back this up but my initial thought was he's getting too much credit. I just don't remember what he's done compared to the previous GM.

Traded for Rizzo (Andrew Cashner), Hendricks (Ryan Dempster), Arrieta (Scott Feldman), Russell (Samardzija and Hammel), Fowler (Luis Valbuena).

Drafted Bryant, Schwarber, Baez, Almora (I know GM's don't draft but they put in place people who do and they deserve some credit when scouts identify talent.)

Picked up Rondon in the Rule 5 Draft from Cleveland ironically enough.

I didn't have a problem with the Cubs at all until their fans had the opportunity to see their team play in Milwaukee. Outside of that, I like Chicago, and the people there are nice. The one time I saw a game at Wrigley, everyone was cool. Cubs fans that I know personally are great; some are relatives. The Cubs fans that have come to this site to post have been good contributors (unlike Cardinals fans). And I like Joe Maddon.

But it's the Cubs fans that come to Miller Park that are the overriding factor. Go Indians!

Actually, there've been two or three over the years, and I should have acknowledged that. On the other side of the coin, when it comes to fans of teams other than the Brewers who've caused issues, almost all of them have been Cardinals fans.

Archived