Brewer Fanatic

Danny Valencia

Scooter and Chase Anderson or Matt Garza with cash for Danny Valencia?

Villar 2B

Broxton CF (sketchy but I am hopeful)

Braun LF

Carter 1B

Santana RF

Valencia 3B

Susac/Maldonado/ Piña C (keep two)

Pitcher (goofy line up but Arcia sees pitches and can be aggressive)

Arcia SS

Perez becomes the 2B, CF, LF, RF, 3B SS super sub.

Scooter and Chase Anderson or Matt Garza with cash for Danny Valencia?

Villar 2B

Broxton CF (sketchy but I am hopeful)

Braun LF

Carter 1B

Santana RF

Valencia 3B

Susac/Maldonado/ Piña C (keep two)

Pitcher (goofy line up but Arcia sees pitches and can be aggressive)

Arcia SS

Perez becomes the 2B, CF, LF, RF, 3B SS super sub.

Keep Chase Anderson of those 2 pitchers.

Think you can do better than Danny V alone & I'm concerned about the clubhouse (didn't he have a fight with Billy Butler during this past summer??).

However, if the BEST Stearns can get for Garza and Scooter is Danny V and he wants to bring Danny into Brewer clubhouse, then I would support him. DS has earned some rope to utilize at this point.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Valencia is reportedly in danger of not being tendered a contract by Oakland this year.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/09/as-likely-to-release-danny-valencia-before-seasons-end.html

While he hit well last season, he is a bad third baseman - moving primarily to OF due to his fielding issues. He has also developed a reputation as being a pain in the butt in the clubhouse.

Here's one quote after he got DFA by the Blue Jays:

“(Valencia) is not a good dude. There’s a reason the Jays punted his ass out of town. It was one of the happiest days of John Gibbons’ managerial career, because Danny Valencia got the hell out of town.”

http://bluejayhunter.com/2016/08/danny-valencia-drama-reaffims-blue-jays-decision-to-dfa-him.html

The guy has been on six teams in five years. No one wanted to trade for him this past summer, so any deal would be for a non-prospect.

Hopefully we can get Valencia and trade for Puig. Should be a fun 2017 season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The only downfall is becoming awfully right handed. Jorge Lopez for Valencia straight up. The A's 2B situation is poor. Trade #1 could go.

No thanks. We don't know if Lopez can contribute to the MLB club, but it's a good time to find out. Plus, he's cheap and controllable. As others have said, Valencia has some clubhouse issues. That's not someone I feel like the Brewers need to try when they've still got others players in their system they can audition.

I had hope for Jorge as a starter after his year in Biloxi, but I've always seen Lopez becoming a high-leverage reliever. I think he can be a fantastic contributor there and don't really want to deal him for Valencia, who is a good player, but also seems to be somewhat of a hassle in the clubhouse.

Can you imagine adding Puig and Valencia in the same off-season? Yikes.

lol agree. It probably wouldn't be good for all the young guys on the team. I'm less worried about Puig because he'd be away from LA (the city, not Dodgers) so that could suppress some of the additional distractions plus he knows he needs to get back on track to land that next big contract in 2 years. Valencia is a just a jerk and that's not changing.

If Valencia was a FA I'd understand pursuing him because he's pretty low cost and could be a productive place holder for a couple years but trading for him makes zero sense in terms of how Stearns goes about his business. And Lopez can definitely contribute as a late inning reliever - 94 with a great bender. Can throw multiple innings. He needs to be moved to the pen this year but that's another topic to be had elsewhere. Valencia just doesn't make sense trading for

Archived