Brewer Fanatic

2016 Division Series: Blue Jays vs. Rangers, Red Sox vs. Indians, Dodgers vs. Nationals, Giants vs. Cubs (Blue Jays, Indians, Dodgers, Cubs advance)

1992casey
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much longer can Francona stick with Allen? Dude can't throw a strike.

As long as it took. Was a little surprised Allen came in during the 8th.

Otero has been very good all season coming in with people on base. Going into the 8th I figured Shaw & Otero would handle the 8th and Allen would handle the 9th (and be hedge for a game 4 if necessary)..

The blatant cheering for the Red Sox in this series has been disgusting.

Kind of like the Fox Sports broadcasters spending as much time talking to Matt Moore about the Cubs as they did the Giants, if not more.

At least one of those two won't make it to the WS.

Nice come back by the Giants. And then I said to my wife just watch all the drama will be a erased by the Cubs and *wham* homer by Bryant

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Not really sad to see Lucroy out. Still ticked about him exercising his no trade clause.

I guess I'm not too upset about him exercising that right, he had the right to do it, and he did. What leaves a bad taste in my mouth was the whole way he handled leaving. I may be wrong, but it just seemed like the guy had a poor attitude toward the organization there towards the end, so while I won't actively root against the guy, like you I am not terribly disappointed he is out. Especially since he basically did nothing to help them at all in this series, got what, 1 hit and allowed a passed ball that was key in losing the elimination game? Not exactly a performance to tell the grandkids about.

I do however kind of wish the Rangers would have won it all, for the sole reason of getting Prince a ring. Feel bad for him.

I guess I just don't understand at all why anyone is mad at Lucroy for exercising his NTC, and I don't understand why anyone thought he had a bad attitude.

His agent negotiated his NTC. That was a contract between him and the Brewers. He had every right to decline it, and that was a life altering decision whether or not to go to Cleveland, and he didn't want to go there. Should he be mad at the Rangers for exercising his $5.25M club option next year?

As for his comments, I never once recall him bashing Milwaukee or ever expressing anything negative toward the organization. He knew as we all did that the writing was on the wall for him to be traded, and as any top player in their 30s does, of course I'm sure he wants to contend for a championship. He was pointedly asked about his feelings, and he answered candidly and honestly without disrespecting the organization. Guy was nothing but a class act his whole time here and even took out a full page ad to thank Brewer fans.

I guess I just don't understand at all why anyone is mad at Lucroy for exercising his NTC, and I don't understand why anyone thought he had a bad attitude.

His agent negotiated his NTC. That was a contract between him and the Brewers. He had every right to decline it, and that was a life altering decision whether or not to go to Cleveland, and he didn't want to go there. Should he be mad at the Rangers for exercising his $5.25M club option next year?

As for his comments, I never once recall him bashing Milwaukee or ever expressing anything negative toward the organization. He knew as we all did that the writing was on the wall for him to be traded, and as any top player in their 30s does, of course I'm sure he wants to contend for a championship. He was pointedly asked about his feelings, and he answered candidly and honestly without disrespecting the organization. Guy was nothing but a class act his whole time here and even took out a full page ad to thank Brewer fans.

The whole "I want to play for a winner and Milwaukee's not a winner" thing he said twice certainly rubbed people the wrong way. Sure, he was being honest but that's not something you publicly say about your employer and teammates even if it's true and everyone knows it. Then there's the suitcase injury which he blamed on his wife but most felt was his own fault. I really don't feel one way or the other about it but I can get why others would look at him negatively.

I think fans sometimes get too thin-skinned when players are candid in response to questions. I think Luc bumbled it a bit, but that's all. His refusal to go to Cleveland was very similar to Milwaukee being on K-Rod's no-trade list at one point. Luc potentially had another catcher ahead of him in Cleveland, and at the time K-Rod's no-trade list was created, Trevor Hoffman was here.

On another note, there's a problem when games end as late as last night's game did. Fans in the east watching the end were up after 2:30[space][/space]AM, and Cubs fans in the Midwest were up after 1:30. Had the game lasted 20 or more innings, sure; there isn't much that can be done. But 13 innings isn't that long.

During the regular season, fans in the park are the prime consideration. In the postseason, fans of both teams watching on TV need to be considered. Once the TV games are taken into account, the game time for fans in the park will fall into place.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The Dodgers have decided that Clayton Kershaw will pitch on short rest today, bumping Julio Urías. The Nats have settled on Joe Ross.

Lineups, Nationals vs. Dodgers, Game 4

Nationals

1. CF Trea Turner ®
  2. RF Bryce Harper (L)
  3. LF Jayson Werth ®
  4. 2B Daniel Murphy (L)
  5. 3B Anthony Rendon ®
  6. 1B Ryan Zimmerman ®
  7. SS Danny Espinosa (S)
  8. C Pedro Severino ®
  9. RHP Joe Ross ®

Dodgers

1. 2B Chase Utley (L)
  2. SS Corey Seager (L)
  3. 3B Justin Turner ®
  4. 1B Adrian González (L)
  5. RF Josh Reddick (L)
  6. CF Joc Pederson (L)
  7. C Yasmani Grandal (S)
  8. LF Andrew Toles (L)
  9. LHP Clayton Kershaw (L)

Lineups, Cubs vs. Giants, Game 4

Cubs

1. CF Dexter Fowler (S)
  2. 3B Kris Bryant ®
  3. 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)
  4. LF Ben Zobrist (S)
  5. SS Addison Russell ®
  6. RF Jason Heyward (L)
  7. 2B Javier Báez ®
  8. C David Ross ®
  9. RHP John Lackey ®

Giants

1. CF Denard Span (L)
  2. 1B Brandon Belt (L)
  3. C Buster Posey ®
  4. RF Hunter Pence ®
  5. SS Brandon Crawford (L)
  6. 3B Conor Gillaspie (L)
  7. 2B Joe Panik (L)
  8. LF Gregor Blanco (L)
  9. LHP Matt Moore (L)

Why even put Derek Law in if you're going to take him out after a ground ball barely sneaks through the infield? I honestly don't even know why Javier Lopez is on the playoff roster. He's a one batter pitcher and not even that great at his one job. Letting Romo face a lefty (I know Zobrist is a switch hitter) is less than ideal.

Bochy botched that inning pretty hard.

Base on balls, couple weak singles leaking through, defensive error. What a bunch of crap working out for the Cubs. Oh well, can't say I really mind SF getting eliminated from the playoffs. Too bad it couldn't be the easy-to-root-for Cubs players coming up with the big hits ... seeing Contreras and Baez with their smug turd faces, I just wanted to punch the TV a'la the days of watching Aramis and Zambrano jerkstoring things up for the Cubs.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I am apoplectic. Went to bed when they brought Will Smith in and hoped for the best, not a pleasant way to wake up this morning. I have very little faith in the Dodgers and the Nats, but I suppose I also didn't have much faith in the Mets last year.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived