Brewer Fanatic

Entire Brewer coaching staff to return in 2017

reillymcshane

I know Ed and the coaches are important parts of much more than what fans get to watch in-game, so I am not surprised or disappointed he will be back. I do wonder if they will consider moving him back to 1B. Otherwise it seems to me the team would benefit from him working hard on training himself to improve on making those judgement calls we see.

I don't think I have ever found a fan who felt the third base coach was good at sending/holding players. Every out is seen and few good calls are ever noticed. Making it even harder to assess is if the coach never has anyone thrown out it might look ok but very well could mean he was too conservative. That said he was pretty brutal in September. My guess is in game stuff is a fairly minor part of his overall job description.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

During the Colorado series, Carter was thrown out I believe by a mile at the plate. As he was walking back to the dugout he and the two players walking with him were staring out toward 3B with total looks of disgust on their face. Maybe it was totally unrelated but I think the players understand how terrible Ed is at third.

AKCheesehead makes a good point about Sedar's other duties. I have no idea what they are, but I'd assume that he's performing them fine. He's been a part of the organization since at least the Bando regime and possibly even Dalton, so it's obvious that people value him.

Are we clear that sending all these runners is all on Sedar, or are his managers instructing him to be that aggressive reckless? If it's coming from the manager, a change in the third base coach's box isn't going to help much.

Having said that, I'd support flip-flopping Sedar and Subero. It can't get any worse. And with over a decade of minor league managing experience, third base coaching should be old hat for Carlos.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived