Brewer Fanatic

Dave Stewart fired; Montgomery candidate for Arizona GM? [Latest: Mike Hazen new D'backs GM, post 18]

patrickgpe

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I thought he did a really nice job overhauling the Braves.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I thought he did a really nice job overhauling the Braves.

Well said!

When I heard he was fired I said "really wish he had stuck around, maybe we could have traded Hernan Perez for Paul Goldschmidt"

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I'd be willing to bet Tony and his shingles are gone in the not too distant future too. A couple fun facts. Under Derek Hall the Dbacks have been through 4 head coaches and 4 GMs..also in the past 13 seasons they have only finished above decimal 500 3 times....the last time being 2011 when Braun single handedly cheated and beat them in the NLDS* (*blue text)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Everyone has known that the GM job in Arizona was going to become available, i say 99.9 percent that Ray is in Milwaukee next year

Nick Cafardo says Montgomery is definitely in the mix for the job

Source: Bryan Minniti, Mike Bell, Ray Montgomery, Peter Woodfork and Kim Ng are all in the running for D'Backs GM job.

And yet La Russa keeps his job. I don't think there's been a more inept front office than that of the Diamondbacks the last decade or so. If you ever wondered what would happen if Briggs ran a MLB team, look no further than Dave Stewart's tenure in Arizona.

I don't think it was addressed in the thread, and maybe I missed it someplace else, but LaRussa was relieved of his current duties (baseball operations) but was offered an advisory role if he wanted to stay with the club.

Gruber Lawffices

• 2 weeks later...

Archived