Brewer Fanatic

Postseason 2016 Prediction Thread

Bombers

So who do you got? I have been thinking all year a World Series of Cubs vs Rangers although the Red Sox will be very tough to beat. Rangers are lucky they have the 1 seed. I am going to go with another team of ex-brewers winning the World Series. (Rangers)

Here is who I have (Mets & Orioles lose in wild card game)

Divisional Round

Rangers over Jays

Red Sox over Indians

Cubs over Giants

Nationals over Dodgers

Championship

Cubs over Nationals

Rangers over Red Sox

World Series

Rangers over Cubs

Odd stat: The top 5 team Era's in all of baseball, in order are: Cubs, Nationals, Mets, Giants, Dodgers.

There are all kinds of stats that suggest it won't be the Cubs.

1 of the past 14 teams to win 100+ games won a World Series. In the past 21 years the team with the best record in baseball has only won the World Series 4 times. Most likely some goofy team like the Giants will win it all.

All big markets except for the Indians and they just won at basketball and that was kind of annoying. Really no one to root for here so my rooting interest goes: No cubs, No Sawx, and then I guess I root for TX due to the ex-Brewers. I suppose I wouldn't hate Nationals because of all the hate Harper gets and it would eliminate the Cubs. I wouldn't mind seeing Kershaw finally doing well in the playoffs and them winning but it's just tough to root for a huge market team with that payroll.

Prediction is Texas over Nationals but that's nothing more than a guess.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I've adopted the Indians for the playoffs.

May the ghost of Ricky Vaughn, Lou Brown, Harry Doyle, Pedro Cerrano, Roger Dorn, Jake Taylor, Willie Mays Hayes and Jobu propel them to a World Series win.

Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls.

I think the Dodgers losing would probably be better for us in trade negotiations during the offseason (although who knows maybe it doesn't matter at all) so I'm not rooting for them.

Mostly rooting for the Cubs and Rangers. Cubs deserve it with an amazing rebuild and Rangers have lots of ex-crew to root for.

There are all kinds of stats that suggest it won't be the Cubs.

1 of the past 14 teams to win 100+ games won a World Series. In the past 21 years the team with the best record in baseball has only won the World Series 4 times. Most likely some goofy team like the Giants will win it all.

4 out of 21... that's 50% more likely to win it all than the normal 1 out of 8 you'd expect.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Community Moderator
Lots of familiar faces this year except for Cleveland. The Cubs are dangerously good and should have no problem getting to the LCS. The stars are aligned for the curse to finally end this year. Cubs over Boston in 6.

Divisional Round

Rangers over Jays

Red Sox over Indians

Giants over Cubs

Dodgers over Nationals

Championship

Dodgers over Giants

Red Sox over Rangers

World Series

Red Sox over Dodgers

The bottom is going to drop out for the Cubs. Their top 3 starters all ended the season with poor starts and I believe that will repeat itself forcing them out early in Game 5 of the NLDS. I am also going with the bold move that the Giants will fend of Syndergaard and the Dodgers will finally win in the postseason.

Historically 100 win teams fair horribly in the postseason. 10 out of the last 16 100 win clubs have failed to make it to the LCS. Not very good considering the amount of wins they had achieved.

It's an even year, so I'll pick the Giants.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Rangers over Cubs.

Giants have shot to knock off Cubs if they can get to Bumgarner with the series even. Cubs might be a little stale sitting around and the city is so over the top confident which will put tremendous pressure on them if the Giants can steal one of the first two in Chicago.

I under estimated the Mad Bum. He now has 23 innings pitched in win or go home games and has given up 0 runs. If the Cubs face him twice (which would mean he is going in game 2 and then the win or go home game 5) then there could be trouble in the Windy City

It will be the Cubs coming back from a 0-3 defecit ala the Red Sox or it will be the Blue Jays winning it all on a Bautista walk off ala Joe Carter.

I know this because these are the two worst results possible in my mind and that is what always ends up happening in the playoffs. The less I like the team the more likely they go all the way.

Hmmm, honeymooned in Toronto. The people of Boston were fantastic the two times I ran The Marathon. Ex-Brewers playing for the Rangers. I'll end up going for one of those three. Los Angeles is my favorite big city.

For some reason, I just don't have the hate for the Cubs this season. Maybe because I haven't been to a Cubs game at MP recently? Their players come across as likeable?

I predict I will be very tired of living amongst Cub fans. Was anyone aware that "game one" is on tonight, because everyone around here seems to feel the need to shout it out at every opportunity.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

• 3 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

May the ghost of Ricky Vaughn, Lou Brown, Harry Doyle, Pedro Cerrano, Roger Dorn, Jake Taylor, Willie Mays Hayes and Jobu propel them to a World Series win.

Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls.

Go Cleveland. It's even more imperative they win now that the Cubs are the opponents.

I still hope a Ricky Vaughn appearance happens.

Go Cleveland. It's even more imperative they win now that the Cubs are the opponents.

I still hope a Ricky Vaughn appearance happens.

"The American Express Card... don't steal home (on Lester) without it"

Archived