Brewer Fanatic

Cardinals don't make the playoffs

reillymcshane

I find no joy in them missing the playoff for one stinking year. The only positive thing I feel is hope. Hope that this is the first of many small steps to becoming a lost, abysmal franchise. Flailing hopelessly for years, nay generations, of futility and waste. That this provokes them into firing everyone and employing Dave Stewart as GM with Tony La Russa as team president. My hope is they feel the pain I have felt doubled.

When I see every shred of dignity any Cardinal fan ever had completely stripped away. When their sports stations have one segment dedicated to them as an afterthought on a slow day. When newspapers have them on page 4 of the sports section right under the high school rundown section. When they are reduced to glowing embers in the twilight of a dying sun. Then I will know joy.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I find no joy in them missing the playoff for one stinking year. The only positive thing I feel is hope. Hope that this is the first of many small steps to becoming a lost, abysmal franchise. Flailing hopelessly for years, nay generations, of futility and waste. That this provokes them into firing everyone and employing Dave Stewart as GM with Tony La Russa as team president. My hope is they feel the pain I have felt doubled.

When I see every shred of dignity any Cardinal fan ever had completely stripped away. When their sports stations have one segment dedicated to them as an afterthought on a slow day. When newspapers have them on page 4 of the sports section right under the high school rundown section. When they are reduced to glowing embers in the twilight of a dying sun. Then I will know joy.

They missed a wild card by 1 game and had some big injuries. Unfortunately, I think they'll be fine for the next couple years.

Archived