Brewer Fanatic

2016-10-02 Brewers (Cravy) at Rockies (Márquez), 2:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-4; finsih 73-89]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][game-info][h1]October 2 | 2:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (72-89) | Rockies (75-86)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620 | Free on MLB.TV[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/rockies.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_cravy-tyler-03.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/rockies_marquez-german-02.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Tyler Cravy[/pitcher][h2]0-1, 2.39 ERA, 1.10 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Rockies | Game Log[/h3][h3]This is Cravy’s second start this season. On May 6, he gave up five earned runs in four innings, starting in place of Wily Peralta, who was on paternity leave. Since being recalled on August 16, Tyler has worked 16[space][/space]2/3 innings without giving up a run.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Germán Márquez[/pitcher][h2]1-1, 6.14 ERA, 1.84 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]Márquez beat the Cardinals at home in his first Major League start, but he struggled on the road while losing to the Giants in his second. Making adjustments that will add finish to his pitches is his challenge.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. Chris Carter ®
  4. Domingo Santana ®
  5. Hernan Perez ®
  6. Orlando Arcia ®
  7. Andrew Susac ®
  8. Jake Elmore ®
  9. RHP Tyler Cravy ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Charlie Blackmon (L)
  2. LF David Dahl (L)
  3. 3B Nolan Arenado ®
  4. RF Carlos Gonzalez (L)
  5. C Tom Murphy ®
  6. 1B Jordan Patterson (L)
  7. 2B Patrick Valaika ®
  8. SS Christhian Adames (S)
  9. RHP German Marquez ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

All of today's games are free on MLB.TV, and they start at approximately the same time: either 2:05, 2:10, or 2:15[space][/space]PM CDT.

Per Counsell "This was the plan all along". Why wouldn't he sit Cravy out of Fridays game if that was the plan all along? Apparently they told Cravy after game last night. Makes no sense with 8 relievers in pen and 2 starters that could throw.

I think the preference was to shut down Garza and Nelson for the season after their starts earlier this week.

It's not unheard of for a starter to pitch between starts in lieu of his bullpen session. Anderson did that earlier this season. I'd say that Cravy's Friday appearance was the equivalent of a bullpen session.

As far as the "plan all along," Counsell said a couple of days ago that his plans could change based on Friday and Saturday bullpen usage. It looks like his initial plan fell into place.

I see Braun isn't in the lineup today. Strange.

It's not a home game so he doesn't get to be removed for a standing ovation. I'm actually surprised he's played as much as he has the last few weeks because there is absolutely nothing to gain by having him on the field. Any injury this late in the season would remove any trade value he added by putting up a very good and relatively healthy season.

Domingo Santana might be the worst defensive OF in baseball.

sure.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Domingo Santana might be the worst defensive OF in baseball.

Khris Davis and Mark Trumbo are going to disagree here.

He really needs to be moved to 1B. Hopefully that happens this off season the Brewers have a lot of replacements in the OF for next year.

Too bad Villar couldn't get his 20th HR.

After his 2-0 "swing" in the ninth, I don't feel too bad for him.

That was lame and selfish. I hope he got a good talking to after that ridiculous display. As much as I sometimes love the guy, it is things like this and his base stupid running mistakes that don't fully allow me to embrace him...lol

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 3 months later...

Archived