Brewer Fanatic

Fun things to watch for this last weekend

reillymcshane
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

With two games left, here are some individual and team accomplishments (good and bad) that are within reach for the Brewers:

- Chris Carter hit his 40th HR on Friday - he's one behind Arenado. While the 40 HR number is a significant achievement, let's see if Chris can have a big game or two and win the NL HR title.

- Carter has 148 career HRs. Let's see if he can get two more and reach 150.

- Jonathan Villar is sitting on 19 HR. One more HR and he joins the 20 HR / 60 SB club - a club that includes only Ricky Henderson, Joe Morgan and Eric Davis.

- Domingo Santana has a .798 OPS. Let's home for a few hits and bump him up to .800 for the season.

- Martin Maldonado has a .201 batting average. Let's see if he can keep it from falling below the Mendoza Line.

- Maldonado has 8 HR this year. One more would be a personal high.

- Wily Peralta's ERA is at 5.10. He is scheduled to start on Saturday. If he has a good game - such as giving up only 2 earned runs in 6.1 innings, he can get his ERA below 5.00. It's the small victories!

- The Brewers have struck out 1509 times as a team this year. The NL record is 1529 (2010 Dbacks) and the ML record is 1535 (2013 Astros).

- With 30 doubles, Scooter Gennet is within reach of his own personal record of 31 doubles, which he got in 2014.

- Blaine Boyer has a 4.02 ERA. If he can at least 2 outs and not give up any runs, he'll get his ERA under 4.00. That'll look good on his baseball card.

- Jimmy Nelson, who is scheduled to start on Sunday, needs nine strikeouts to top his personal high, which he did last year when he struck out 148 batters.

Go Brewers!

I still contend that Brewerfan.net should formally change .200 to the Uecker Line, due to his career average.

I second that motion.

3rd, does the motion carry?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

What did Mendoza ever do to tick off you guys??

He has one 'claim to fame' and your trying to rip that away from him. Jeez.

At least Bob has some other things going for him...

"Must be in the front row"

"He missed the tag, he missed the tag!"

"Just a bit outside"

Mr. Belvedere

Now how can I change this to blue color without a mouse?? Will need to edit later.

-sent from iPad...

Now how can I change this to blue color without a mouse?? Will need to edit later.

-sent from iPad...

Select some text, then hit the "sarcasm" button in the post editor.

[sarcasm]Some blue text[/sarcasm]

Sent from iPad. :)

Carry on…

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

With two games left, here are some individual and team accomplishments (good and bad) that are within reach for the Brewers:

- Chris Carter hit his 40th HR on Friday - he's one behind Arenado. While the 40 HR number is a significant achievement, let's see if Chris can have a big game or two and win the NL HR title.

HR for Carter! And a game winner at that. Now tied for league lead.

- Carter has 148 career HRs. Let's see if he can get two more and reach 150.

One more to go!

- Martin Maldonado has a .201 batting average. Let's see if he can keep it from falling below the Mendoza Line.

1-4 today. He can't go worse than 0-2 or he falls below .200.

- Wily Peralta's ERA is at 5.10. He is scheduled to start on Saturday. If he has a good game - such as giving up only 2 earned runs in 6.1 innings, he can get his ERA below 5.00. It's the small victories!

ERA ended up at 4.86 with a good game.

- The Brewers have struck out 1509 times as a team this year. The NL record is 1529 (2010 Dbacks) and the ML record is 1535 (2013 Astros).

8 strikeouts today. Now sitting at 1517. Getting too close for comfort.

Speaking of strikeouts, a player has struck out 200 times in a season, 9 times. And 5 of those have Brewer ties: 3 by Mark Reynolds and 2 by Chris Carter. But Carter won't match his single season strikeout record.

Guessing that homer put Santana over .800 OPS
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The final boxscore has Santana's OPS at .792.

He must have been lower than 798 going in. I didn't even look.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

65 of Carter's RBI came from homeruns. That means he had only 29 RBI in the rest of his plate appearances. ouch!

How does that compare to Khris Davis ? :)

65 of Carter's RBI came from homeruns. That means he had only 29 RBI in the rest of his plate appearances. ouch!

How does that compare to Khris Davis ? :)

(Tracking off topic here) but the fewest RBI ever for a guy with 40+ homers is Barry Bonds and Ken Griffey Jr, who both tied with 90. Our boy Carter had 94, so he wasn't far off. Bonds has the dubious distinction of getting intentionally walked about every time he came up with men on base. I'm not sure what the deal with Griffey was. I know it was in 94, so it was the strike season. That may have something to do with it.

Carter just carries an abysmally low batting average and contact rate, so that definitely plays a part in his relatively low RBI total.

Here's the article

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/leaderboarding-fewest-rbi-by-home-run-benchmark/

798 was going into saturdays game where he went 0-4 with a bb. Im not sure where it ended up after that game.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

798 was going into saturdays game where he went 0-4 with a bb. Im not sure where it ended up after that game.

He dropped to .788 after Saturday's game.

Archived