Brewer Fanatic

Brewers to Carolina for High A Ball!

JDBrewCrew

Tom ‏@Haudricourt 3s4 seconds ago

#Brewers announce a new affiliation with high Class A Carolina Muscats.

Milwaukee Brewers ‏@Brewers 40s40 seconds ago

The #Brewers have announced a two-year player development contract with the Class-A @CarolinaMudcats

http://brewers.mlblogs.com/2016/09/30/brewers-announce-player-development-contract-with-class-a-carolina/

HUGE NEWS

Our new home for the next two seasons.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Woo hoo!!!! Zebulon here we come!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

This is great, it's also kind of funny how wrong everyone was with all the reports saying Lancaster was as good as done. Truly don't know what you don't know

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Nice!!!! Lost in the shuffle I guess, could have sworn I read somewhere Rockies signed a deal with them.

This makes things much more acceptable. Quite frankly, CS sucks, but there really weren't any viable options this year. So it's easier to live with that one.

BTW, I like Mudcats, great MiLB name.

Huge news. Great for the Brewers.

Interesting history with that group. For years the Kinston team was part of the Tribe affiliates. Got bought n moved and after a 1 or 2 years in Zebulon, Tribe moved over to Lynchburg in the Carolina league.

Thought Zebulon was trying to move up levels to AA. Maybe they did and it didn't work out so ey re back to High A level. Regardless it's good news and better in the long run for the Brewers than being in the California High A league...

(+) Carolina is definitely an upgrade over Brevard County as far as facility and also has more neutral park factors, so the Brewers get a slight (+) for the shuffle. Now the real part of working on Colorado Springs and maybe even Helena, especially if the team decides they want to move most of their operations east including spring training. For AAA there are really two ways to tackle it - try to move a team to AAA whether it be a Wichita or a AA team or wait two (2) years and see if you can convince a team to sign on whether it be Columbus, Toledo, Durham, Louisville, Rochester, or Omaha. You don't want to end up either back in Colorado Springs past 2018 or simply "upgrading" to a Fresno or Las Vegas.

Fantastic news (bonus points for an awesome logo). Would be nice if this works out of the club can just set down some roots so we don't have to do this again in 2 years.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Some great news one day after I had resigned myself to the fact Lancaster was the likely destination. Also, an added bonus is the East Coast games are much more Link Report friendly!

Very true.

Time zone for games is an under-rated factor in following the games/ teams/ players

Hello everyone. New to the board. First, excited to find what looks like a great board for discussing minor league ball. As someone that has attended many Mudcat games over the years and is also local to the Mudcats park, I say welcome to the Carolina League! When the announcement was made today I will be totally honest, I was shocked. I was betting the owner, Steve Bryant, would opt for the Rockies. The Low A affiliate for the Rockies is located here in North Carolina (Asheville) and I thought it would be advantageous for Colorado to align with Carolina. Some of you guys may recall that when the Carolina Mudcats were in the AA Southern League back in the late '90's, they were an affiliate of the Rockies. So the Rockies already had a history with Carolina. The Mudcats owner opted out of that affiliation after the agreement ended as he was convinced there was not enough talent in the pipeline to go another round. Anyway, the reason that Bryant chose the Brewers over the Rockies this time was that he was convinced when the Brewers GM was here that the organization would provide a lot of talent through here. After my initial surprise, I am starting to warm to the idea. Personally, I am glad to see Atlanta go, not a fan. Have a lot to learn about the Brewers organization but look forward to it.

I'm getting long late in the night so I'll quit here for now. Looking forward to picking back up on being a part of the board.

Again, welcome to the league and chatting here.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hello everyone. New to the board. First, excited to find what looks like a great board for discussing minor league ball. As someone that has attended many Mudcat games over the years and is also local to the Mudcats park, I say welcome to the Carolina League! When the announcement was made today I will be totally honest, I was shocked. I was betting the owner, Steve Bryant, would opt for the Rockies. The Low A affiliate for the Rockies is located here in North Carolina (Asheville) and I thought it would be advantageous for Colorado to align with Carolina. Some of you guys may recall that when the Carolina Mudcats were in the AA Southern League back in the late '90's, they were an affiliate of the Rockies. So the Rockies already had a history with Carolina. The Mudcats owner opted out of that affiliation after the agreement ended as he was convinced there was not enough talent in the pipeline to go another round. Anyway, the reason that Bryant chose the Brewers over the Rockies this time was that he was convinced when the Brewers GM was here that the organization would provide a lot of talent through here. After my initial surprise, I am starting to warm to the idea. Personally, I am glad to see Atlanta go, not a fan. Have a lot to learn about the Brewers organization but look forward to it.

I'm getting long late in the night so I'll quit here for now. Looking forward to picking back up on being a part of the board.

Again, welcome to the league and chatting here.

Welcome, Muddie!

I think you're going to have a pretty interesting team next year. Enjoy.

The Carolina Mudcats came to NC from Georgia in 1991. They were the AA affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. Through Pittsburgh, Colorado, Miami, and Cincy, they remained in the AA Southern League until 2011. I hated when the franchise dropped to High A but have learned to live with it. We have been High A for five years.

It's a first-class affiliate.

It's basically a Double-A facility for high-A ball. It's a beautiful playing surface. They have a nice clubhouse, nice tunnels. They've just installed a new scoreboard; I'm told it's the biggest scoreboard in Minor League Baseball.

I wonder what "nice tunnels" means. :)

McCalvy: Brewers add Class A Carolina to affiliates

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Aligning with Carolina is such a coup. The talent headed there next year should easily contend for a playoff spot. Now get some ownership stake and end this MiLB team swapping for good at HighA.

Just noticed we will share a division with the Cubs, Red Sox and White Sox. The Indians, Royals, Nationals and Orioles are in the other division. This feels like a strong collection of systems to contend with.

Also likely that Isan Diaz and Eloy Jimenez get to continue their accent together which is cool. For how good Isan was just look what Jimenez did to the MWL.

Archived