Brewer Fanatic

2016-09-30 Brewers (Suter) at Rockies (Bettis), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-1]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 30 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (71-88) | Rockies (74-85)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620 | Free on MLB.TV[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/rockies.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_suter-brent-04.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/rockies_bettis-chad-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Brent Suter[/pitcher][h2]2-1, 2.16 ERA, 1.20 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Rockies | Game Log[/h3][h3]A soft-tosser who relies on deception and a quick pace, Suter has not allowed a run in 12 relief appearances since losing his Major League debut as a starter in Seattle on August 19.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Chad Bettis[/pitcher][h2]13-8, 4.92 ERA, 1.41 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Bettis, who’s usually a fast worker, sped his delivery beyond his control and struggled for 4[space][/space]1/3 innings in a road loss to the Dodgers. But the Rockies have won every one of his home starts since a loss to the Reds on May 30.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Chris Carter ®
  5. RF Domingo Santana ®
  6. CF Hernán Pérez ®
  7. SS Orlando Arcia ®
  8. C Martín Maldonado ®
  9. LHP Brent Suter (L)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Charlie Blackmon (L)
  2. 2B DJ LeMahieu ®
  3. 3B Nolan Arenado ®
  4. RF Carlos González (L)
  5. C Nick Hundley ®
  6. LF David Dahl (L)
  7. 1B Stephen Cardullo ®
  8. SS Daniel Descalso (L)
  9. RHP Chad Bettis ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Always a sad time of year. Love football season but there's just nothing like a baseball season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It is hard for me to imagine Suter as a staple in the rotation with that 85 mph fastball... I wish him nothing but the best of luck going forward, but I don't have as much faith in him sticking as some do.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Way to hustle down that line Domingo...

...and another great decision to waive Carter in from 3rd Eddie, you ridiculous excuse for a 3B coach. Eddie has to go, he just has to GO! Of course Arcia follows that up with a base hit, Eddie costing us yet another run.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I can't believe Rock and BA don't rip on Eddie for his ineptness. They must see it, right?

I'm sure they know it, but probably not in good taste in their position to rip any of the Brewers coaches/managers beyond the mild 'probably would have done it differently if he had to do it over again.'

It is hard for me to imagine Suter as a staple in the rotation with that 85 mph fastball... I wish him nothing but the best of luck going forward, but I don't have as much faith in him sticking as some do.

To be honest, Suter's bounced between the rotation the last couple of years.

Two starts in the majors is a small sample size. I'd like to commit to Suter in the rotation for a year, and see how it goes. We know he can be a shut-down bullpen guy - a left-handed Doug Jones. But can he be more? Id like to find out. Worst case, he goes back to the pen as a shut-down reliever. Best case, he buys time for the top pitching prospects.

Two starts in the majors is a small sample size. I'd like to commit to Suter in the rotation for a year, and see how it goes. We know he can be a shut-down bullpen guy - a left-handed Doug Jones. But can he be more? Id like to find out. Worst case, he goes back to the pen as a shut-down reliever. Best case, he buys time for the top pitching prospects.

I thought Suter is the top pitching prospect. ;)

Way to hustle down that line Domingo...

...and another great decision to waive Carter in from 3rd Eddie, you ridiculous excuse for a 3B coach. Eddie has to go, he just has to GO! Of course Arcia follows that up with a base hit, Eddie costing us yet another run.

I was sitting between 3b and the edge off the OF in the 14th row. Carter was barely around 3b when the OF got the ball. I knew he would be out as soon as I saw Sedar wave him around. Just a horrible call, because you would have had a guy on 3b with one out.

I thought Suter is the top pitching prospect. ;)

I think he is. But I do worry about what the bouncing between the bullpen and rotation did. I think he could be very good. I think his floor is as a closer - a left-handed Doug Jones. Top case? A #2 starter. Middle case, a borderline #3/#4.

Still, I think he's got the lowest risk of the pitching prospects. But he needs to be stretched out, and the Brewers need to commit to a real shot at the rotation.

Archived