Brewer Fanatic

Villar and the 20-60 club

bork

Villar now had 3 games to hit 1 more home run to join the exclusive 20 HR/60 SB club. Only 3 players have ever done it: Rickey Henderson 3 times, Joe Morgan twice and Eric Davis once.

But as noted in the article, there have been fewer home runs in Colorado than Texas this year.

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/statuesday-milwaukee-brewers-jonathan-villar-20-60-club-joe-morgan-rickey-henderson-092716

Villar's very exciting, but I think he's not the only 20/60 guy on the roster.

Keon Broxton could easily reach that level (for 2016, his 162-game project is for 20 homers, 50 steals). The other player who could hit that mark? Hernan Perez (projected to 18 homers, 45 steals).

Honestly, I think the Brewers ought to look at the Power/Speed number. That could give them a very dynamic and exciting lineup.

Eric Davis is one of the greatest "what if's" in MLB history.

27-80 HR/SB in his first full year in 132 games.

37/50 in 129 games (and suffered a shoulder injury, missing the last 6 weeks) in his sophomore season (with a 155 OPS+), in 1987, the year before Jose Canseco became the first 40/40 guy.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Villar's very exciting, but I think he's not the only 20/60 guy on the roster.

Keon Broxton could easily reach that level (for 2016, his 162-game project is for 20 homers, 50 steals). The other player who could hit that mark? Hernan Perez (projected to 18 homers, 45 steals).

Honestly, I think the Brewers ought to look at the Power/Speed number. That could give them a very dynamic and exciting lineup.

The Brewer regime under Melvin seemed to look for players with one plus plus skill (usually power), while Stearns seems to like more versatile, athletic, well rounded players. We'll see how it turns out, but it should be fun to watch.

I hope Villar can pick up that final HR and have an historic season after being basically a scrap-heap pick-up last offseason.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived