Brewer Fanatic

Brewers to announce largest-ever capital project at Miller Park (Latest: multimillion dollar concessions project, post 74)

1992casey
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it is a gold statue of Hank out front of Miller Park?

Hank the Dog, probably...

:ohwell :ohwell :ohwell

haha, that is actually who I was referring to.

The Brewers announcing a food upgrade is about as underwhelming as following them from season to season.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Tom ‏@Haudricourt 1h1 hour ago Bayside, WI

Tom Retweeted Jeremy Nelson

I was just told it's a major improvement for fans attending games.

Milwaukee Business Journal said it will be an upgrade for food offerings and concessions stands.

That would be incredibly underwhelming if true.

Tom ‏@Haudricourt 1m1 minute ago

The #Brewers announcement today is a massive overhaul of “the beverage and food experience” at Miller Park for 2017.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

moderately underwhelming, but I love eating and drinking at a game so if this leads to more creative options then I'm all for it.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

If it was something actually cool it would have had more build up.

Well, they thought it warranted a 15 minute live presser, plus this video, which was tweeted out in the last hour:

Rick Schlesinger says that the improved concessions will show they "cherish" the fans. I know I will be checking in six months to see if I feel cherished. :indifferent

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Long as I can still get a brat with kraut and stadium sauce I'm happy as a clam.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The money saved in payroll I'd assume leads to an upgrade like this. There is likely data showing how much profit is made with food/beverage during games, so an upgrade that will pay itself back over time.

I'd likely expect a $1 increase in beer but comes with more selections as well as the food options doubling throughout the park.

More disturbing that they are trying to take fans focus away from the lesser product on the field. Sort of like their ad that they ran this year about the experience of a game that "won't make the lead on Sports Center". Imagine a franchise telling their fans that the outcome of games isn't important but why don't you come and spend your money anyway?

Until they show us menus, prices and locations, it's not really much to get worked up about either way. The artist renderings of the new concession stands look very sterile.

I hope they don't discontinue the chef stand with food items from the visiting city.

Rick Schlesinger says that the improved concessions will show they "cherish" the fans. I know I will be checking in six months to see if I feel cherished. :indifferent

If they want to show they cherish fans, maybe lower the prices on concessions.

Agreed. How many families simply avoid the ultra high-priced concessions? Thousands.

Kind of underwhelming after the hype and previous announcements, but this isn't a bad thing either. Even though many here maybe don't each much stadium food, many fans obviously do.

I guess my only criticism is that they hype up offering AJ Bomber's, etc. You can already get those at Miller Park, you just have to go out of your way to get them, depending on where you're seated. Honestly, I already thought the food offerings were great, but if this makes the experience look a bit nicer or more accessible throughout the stadium, then that's fine.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I love beer, so im all for this

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

You make a good point, and I do wonder how much more they can squeeze out of the food buying experience. I reached my own breaking point a couple of years ago when the price for bottled water reached $5. I go to games with my wife and daughter and it was stupid to spend $15 or $20 every time for water, when anyone can buy a case for $6.

The Brewers priced us out of water so we brought our own and no longer buy any from the team.

I have to imagine this new food & beverage experience will include prices that are the same or marginally higher. In an effort to cherishing us, will they push more of us away?

My computer isn't letting me look at the drawings so I'm working on limited info. But am I crazy to think this shouldn't cost nearly the amount of money they're saying?

I think it's in the ballpark.

Because it is all interior work, plus the copious architectural costs, and the fact that they need it done, tested, and ready less than 6 months from today, it will definitely be a pricey improvement.

I'm glad to see frozen custard being added, though it's interesting that they didn't mention a brand like some of the other foods. At one of the games this year, we wanted ice cream (not the dippin dots crap). Couldn't find any (Even though it's listed on the web site), so we stopped at Oscars on the way home.

Little underwhelmed with the announcement based on some of ideas floated but the concourses at MP could definitely use a visual upgrade. Might help to take away a little bit of that "I'm walking around in a huge warehouse to watch a baseball game" vibe.

I'm glad to see frozen custard being added, though it's interesting that they didn't mention a brand like some of the other foods. At one of the games this year, we wanted ice cream (not the dippin dots crap). Couldn't find any (Even though it's listed on the web site), so we stopped at Oscars on the way home.

AJ Bombers has had custard since it was added to the ballpark.

I vote for a Culver's stand just for the custard.

Archived