Brewer Fanatic

Brewers to announce largest-ever capital project at Miller Park (Latest: multimillion dollar concessions project, post 74)

1992casey
When I went to the game last night, they had green pepper mixed in with the onion at the condiment stand. Anyone else see this? What kind of monster does that? I wanted onion on my hot dogs but I wasn't touching it with green pepper.

Can't say I would want that on my sausage but if they are selling tacos now I'd want it on the taco.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As long as the IRS can see a $20 mil depreciable asset, the Brewers are happy with it.

The Brewers still had to have actually spent $20M (or whatever the project was) before you can depreciate it. It isn't like they actually spent $5M on concourse/restaurant uplifts and are going to depreciate $20M. Unless you are saying they bought a bunch of $15,000 toilets to launder that money to Area 51.

Verified Member
You guys ever here of Construction Workers? They don't come cheap. What about a fork left? They cost money to rent. there are costs in there that go beyound what you see and I'm guessing you went to the game you might of standed in line at one or two concourse stands but you took your seats and watched the game without the thought of walking the ballpark to see what was done. I did so and if they say it was $20 million. I believe it. There enough there for it to be believable.

When I went to the game last night, they had green pepper mixed in with the onion at the condiment stand. Anyone else see this? What kind of monster does that? I wanted onion on my hot dogs but I wasn't touching it with green pepper.

At the game last night I am glad to say I found a stand with just onion and no green pepper mixed in. Was pretty happy about that.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
You guys ever here of Construction Workers?

Fictional character made popular by the Village People.

Nice try though.

We need to implement a like button on this board.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• 2 weeks later...

It does seem like better quality food. Buddy got the Milwaukee burger and he said it was comparable to what you'd get at the restaurant. Thumbs up for tater tots too.

Our seats are in the terrace level and it appears they've added in additional lighting too. Much brighter when we were walking out of the game than I remember in the past.

The burgers are from Bombers. They are very good.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I got to see this update earlier in the season and I don't get the complaining over it. It is easily...by far...the best concessions for looks, high quality options, and variety I have ever witnessed at a sports stadium. I can't speak for the taste of the concessions, but everything else is top notch about them.

My only complaint about them is when I do get food it is typically a brat or something else generic and the taste sucks. When I go to one of the Chicago team stadiums they have hotdog/brat stands where they grill it in front of you and it tastes amazing compared to what I get at Miller Park.

Haven't been to Miller park in years. Do they still have the pans of Secret Stadium Sauce to roll hot dogs in before putting them in the bun? I miss that

Never gotten a hot dog at Miller Park, but I love utilizing some good ole secret stadium sauce.

I do agree that they should be cooking brats on a grill somewhere in the stadium for those that want that. Should be out in the outfield somewhere. But yes, the concession area is awesome. Top notch indeed.

Had the beef nachos last night and the beef was very good.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Had my first experience today at the new concession stands. I really miss the food cart serving food from the visiting city. That will be missed.

I had a polish sausage ($7.00). I think they were $5.25 last year. I think the sausage is bigger this year? Maybe it's just the bun.

Went out to the cart to load up with diced onions, but the Secret Stadium Sauce was empty. I walked down the concourse to the next condiment stand and got the last squirt of SS sauce.

I do like the queuing system better than the lines at each individual cashier. Otherwise, it was the same experience for me as always, albeit at a higher price.

so JimH5, they only have the self serve squirt area for secret stadium sauce? Maybe I'm thinking of County Stadium where they had the foil pans they'd roll your hot dog/sausage in before putting it in the bun.

Haven't been to Miller park in years. Do they still have the pans of Secret Stadium Sauce to roll hot dogs in before putting them in the bun? I miss that

personally i think zafirros is way better than palermos and i would rather pay 10 bucks for that pizza than 6 for palermo frozen pizza but i agree it would be nice to offer sausage, pepperoni , or cheese

I know that I've had sausage dipped in SS sauce at Miller Park, even maybe last year. There was a concession stand on the Loge level, 1st bade side, near home plate, where the flat grill was visible from the front, and there was a small pan of sauce, and I would get sausages dipped there.

Not sure if the new food stands have any visible cooking stations, or if they're all hidden in the back. I was only at one today.

We'll be back next Sunday and I'll have more time to scout around.

so JimH5, they only have the self serve squirt area for secret stadium sauce? Maybe I'm thinking of County Stadium where they had the foil pans they'd roll your hot dog/sausage in before putting it in the bun.

I haven't seen evidence of secret stadium sauce other than self-serve squirts (which is a terrible looking phrase without context!).

I also wonder if the Brewers dropped Koops as a mustard sponsor. I thought they were still advertising "Koops with a K!" but the mustard I saw (I don't even remember what level) was Heinz yellow. I have also seen condiment stations with Gorman's special mustard, or whatever it is.

Edited to add: I believe cheese is an option for the Zaffiro's pizza - not just pepperoni. On the Sunday of the Cubs series a cub mom in our row was insisting we try some of her pizza and there was definitely no meat on it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The Case of the Missing Miller Park Secret Sauce by Bob Uecker

Pick it up on book shelves today!

I know that I've had sausage dipped in SS sauce at Miller Park, even maybe last year. There was a concession stand on the Loge level, 1st bade side, near home plate, where the flat grill was visible from the front, and there was a small pan of sauce, and I would get sausages dipped there.

Not sure if the new food stands have any visible cooking stations, or if they're all hidden in the back. I was only at one today.

We'll be back next Sunday and I'll have more time to scout around.

Darn, I wasn't aware one of the stands still had sausages/ hot dogs basting in SSS. If memory serves, I didn't even think County Stadium did that anymore the last few years.

• 3 weeks later...
Verified Member

If one of the goals of this new concession experience is to get fans through faster, then they still have work to do.

The home plate taco stand was slowwwww... and the lines elsewhere were not moving at all.

If one of the goals of this new concession experience is to get fans through faster, then they still have work to do.

The home plate taco stand was slowwwww... and the lines elsewhere were not moving at all.

Was there a couple weekends ago and it was fast getting food. Both my wife and I noticed.

And now I get a polish sausage and there isn't a bottle Secret Stadium Sauce to be found...

And the one sweatshirt I'd like to buy from the team shop is sold out of XL.

Not my night.

I hope they're just working out the kinks...and others have had no problem, so maybe it's just me.

Still, tonight is a VERY light crowd, so you'd think they would be cranking it out.

To their credit, the beef tacos were pretty good. And I think the polish sausage is bigger than in the past.

I still prefer to eat at the park. I just thought after the big effort that it would be awesome...and it's a little short of that.

Archived